Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Balanced Landing Rework

RyRapsYTRyRapsYT Member Posts: 293
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Make balanced landing have no exhaustion and no speed burst. Have it only reduce stagger and grunts, with no cool down.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• TheArbiterTheArbiter Member Posts: 876

Depends on how much stagger is reduced because I could see this being abused very easily.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

In other words, bring a few infinites back.

BL is perfectly fine as it is, it doesn't need any changes.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,455

^ These are spot on. The unlimited stagger reduction was removed because it made maps difficult/impossible to balance. Rather than rework all the maps to balance for Balanced Landing, it was easier and way more sane to just fix Balanced Landing. The devs are not going to go back and rework a bunch of maps unnecessarily to revert a single perk.

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,549

That would be old BL but worse. BL is already in a great spot now, it is strong but not too strong.

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,044

As said Balancing Landing needs some kind of cooldown to it's No-Stagger effect depending on loops. Even though I wouldn't say it's in a great spot right now.

It's the most situational exhaustion perk and can even be completely denied depending on the map you play.

Honestly I preferred the pre-buff version of BL, when the No-Stagger effect had an additional invisible 40s cooldown. That was the time before the Clown came out, I think. Didn't hurt the balance of the maps too much, but was still quite usefull.

• ZixologyZixology Member Posts: 1,062

100% agree

Now that the killer mains have stopped reading... BL is just a bad exhaustion perk. It's far too map dependent. Some maps give you enough options to get to a high place to fall off of. Others will get you killed before you can find one.

And then there's Sheltered Woods... hyuck Sheltered Woods.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,888

The situational use of BL the main thing balancing BL due to it having two separate movement speed buffs(Reduced stagger + sprint burst).

On some maps it can completely reset a chase.

On other maps you can't reliably activate it.

Its the highest risk/reward exhaustion perk and thus the theoretically strongest exhaustion perk.

Its both the best and worst exhaustion perk due to its situational uses.

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,549

Very, but not busted strong. Haddonfield is just broken.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 1,997
    edited April 2021

They should remove the exhaustion component, but put it on 20 seconds cooldown like Q&Q.

No infinites as a result but can be weaved into your loops effectively if timed well.

Trust me when I say this:

20 second long cooldown that can now be stacked with Dead Hard/lithe while going down mid chase will result in infinites/near infinite loops on haddon.

Remember any good looper will last longer then 20 seconds without landing(as it goes down mid chase it also goes down while falling and thus making its effective cooldown on haddon 18 seconds) doing the house infinites.

edited April 2021

That's literally only a problem because haddonfield is badly designed and filled to the brim with god windows. If they rework haddon, which they eventually will, it will be fine.

Haddon houses are near-infinites regardless

edited April 2021

I know haddon is broken but also view this from a future proofing perspective:

If they'd ever want to make a multi story focused map(Aka the multiple stories are the main defence for chases) again they'd have to balance the entire map around a 20 second BL, which I would imagine make the map almost unplayable without BL.

Ex. The saloon map is already strong with the current BL now imagine how bad it would be with you're BL idea...It could out right make the main building an infinite loop.

Falls are balanced around the stagger and thus having a perk that effectively removes it entirely would cause a lot of issues.

Finally I fully expect that the reason why multi story focused maps is because of old BL which would have broken them.

• ZixologyZixology Member Posts: 1,062
  • Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,584

you can't actually be serious...

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

bl is already a really good perk. the only buff id add is make it so you create no grunts while falling even if youre exhausted.

edited April 2021

Removing a very slight fall stun is literally only a problem on Haddonfield because on Haddonfield there are no alternate routes for the windows forcing the killer to vault over and over again, thus the fall stun being gone means that the killer loses massive distance on every vault. If they didn't have to vault the windows every time it wouldn't be a problem. Theoretically the same "future proofing" problem applies to spine chill resil builds but in practice it is not a problem because the benefit is so minor as long as the window is not a god window.

• CustomerServiceCustomerService Member Posts: 479

I think Balanced Landing is kinda meh now tbh. I think (as always) people exaggerate how good it was pre nerf.