Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Freddy is Garbage Now, Thank You

Freddy was easy to learn, okey i agree but he was not op killer. I dont know why he deserved nerf like that. Maybe he needed little nerf but this is ridicilous.

Changes made him useless.

First clocks will not be useful. Because you still need to run end of map and that will not worth for 30 seconds. So when i play as survivor, i cant see reason to run and leave my gen.

Add-ons? Nerf useful add-ons and add useless one. Who thought Freddy need loud add-on? Seriously? Freddy's gameplay doesnt need that, so thank you give us useless add-on.

About snares. Snares are not storong like Hag & Trapper's traps. Hag can teleport traps. And bear traps make survivors stop. And they both using for area control. So Hag and Trapper using them before start chase. Because they will be useful after that. But Freddy cant do that. Snares can be useful only on chases. And in chases you will have 2 options now: Use snare and lose speed. Or dont use your power and be worst m1 killer. And ıf you use snare 99% survivor will leave this loop area and will go to next one. And when survivor will do that, survivor will get far than you because you will waste time with snare and will lose speed. So you will have clearly worst power ever.

Great Job seriously.

Comments

• Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Yes he is not weak like Trickster, Trapper but he is not strong enough now. He also turned weak killer now. Worse than old version and sadly old version was weak but fun.

I really waited for add-on playable for old version. But no sir, lets nerf Freddy unfairly and hard. But dont give anything.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416

I don't agree with some of the nerfs but for a low skill cap, he was too strong. He was pretty much just a better Clown with slowdown addons and a teleportation ability.

Freddy's traps cant use strategic. It is imposible. Because when they trigger by someone, that mean survivor will scream and wlll lose speed for second. And if you are not near to snare you will not win anything. Pallets maybe can be useful but they also removed number of pallets too.

Snares is only useful on chases. And if you lose speed in chase what is point to use snare? Because most of smart survivors will see you are using snare and they will leave area. Even they will not leave, snare will not be effective when you lose your speed. I really dont understand this nerfs. They wanted kill Freddy? They did it.

Freddy just needed add-ons nerf. But devs choosed kill him.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,753

"Are you one of those?"

No, I am not. I've always said that spamming your Snares is a terrible idea. You can check my comment history, if you want to.

Alarm clocks tweaks are pointless, in my opinion. I mean, you don't have time to actually protect them, and it is very possible that you will take longer than 30 seconds to find a survivor that just woke up.

As for the add-on changes, they are extremely bad. Black Box is now a joke, and why on Earth, or Entity's realm, would you use an add-on that makes actions louder? If you want to counter Iron Will, there is Stridor and a generator being repaired is a loud action by itself. Besides, Swing Chains and Jump Rope were not that strong. Definitely not strong enough to prevent all 5 gens from being repaired.

And I don't know what you mean about hook suicides. No one does that when I am playing Freddy, or against him.

• QwQwQwQw Member Posts: 4,466

I don't think his strength will be impacted that much, but this nerf was still unneeded and not the change Freddy needed.

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

The question was rhetorical, it wasn't meant to you personally. Sorry if you thought so, but it was meant to the average Freddy everyone here dislikes.

The alarm clock tweaks might be pointless to you, but pretty good for others. I'm one of them. Personally until now i never bothered to wake up with them, I'd much rather find a team mate, who usually is doing gens. Much closer and less time consuming for the same reward. Now actually going for the clock might encourage different playstyles, also aggressive ones such as tanking hits.

And you're misunderstanding me: I never said they're strong, i said they're boring and tedious. I play this game for fun on both roles, not to fall asleep. And honestly, i literally feel like falling asleep in real life when playing against a Freddy with slowdown addons (which usually imply also slowdown perks). And i doubt you've never seen anyone hook suicide just cause you're a Freddy, because there's plenty of people who do it, me included if i see stuff that will just make the game a yawn fest.

Possibly after the changes, the throne for being the most boring killer in the game will go to stacked slowdowns legion. Literally an M1 game, just like 4ever Freddy

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,753

No worries, mate :)

As for the alarm clocks, I don't think you will ever use the 30 seconds "protection".

His slowdown add-ons were literally a blessing for me, both as survivor and killer. But then again, I absolutely despise fast-paced trials, so I like anything that makes the game slower.

And hook suicides... well, It has happened, but it is extremely rare. Most people only suicide against me when they mess up, regardless of which killer I am playing.

P.S Most boring killer in my opinion is Ghostface. But this might be a discussion for another thread.

Lol

Snares are Freddy's Power. What i have to do? I have to ignore them because they are boring and easy? Add-ons needed nerf, snares werent strong. Now Freddy will lose speed when use snares because of that snares are useless now. Speed is important than snares. And no i dont need snares usually. 3, 4 snares i was using in my matches.

And if you ask me old Freddy was better. But they are not giving us option to play as him. They are just nerfed Freddy and made him weak.

• ShamelessPigMainShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,843

No need for such sensationalism. Rarely were you ever using more than 5 dream snares for an actual noticeable effect. Usually, one or two was enough to do the trick.

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 1,435

If they're going to gut Freddy this bad the hag should be next. she can place up to 10 traps and in very close poximity and she teleport to them. that's cool but Freddy nah we need to cut his traps almost in half.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Yeah, dumb changes not what I would have done or wanted at all.

Thing is I don't like playing as or against Freddy; I find him incredibly boring. So honestly even if he got nerfed into paste, from a selfish point of view, I honestly wouldn't care.

From a empathetic point of view though, I would have worked to raise his skill ceiling and potential while making him MUCH harder to play and aiming to lower his kill rate to all except people who actually earn high kill rates/victories through skill and effort and not because they press left ctrl every time a tinkerer notification comes up.

• Baby_VictorBaby_Victor Member Posts: 486

Old Freddy and New Freddy got some serious flak. One for being too oppressive in low rank and too weak in high rank, the other being too easy to use and having too many tools/options...

So we should remake him again. This time using the best parts of both kits.

He will be weak in high rank AND easy to use. I call him Middle-Aged Freddy.

• QwQwQwQw Member Posts: 4,466

This is exactly my point, Freddy didn't need a nerf, he needed to be made more skillful.

Old Freddy was fine. He needed little buffs. Maybe get back old version with teleport power.

I am playing this game from 2017, i dont need your advice thank you sir. I think i am good enough

I am not saying Freddy did not need nerf. I am saying they did not nerf, they killed him. And if we talking about teleport, Hag and Spirit is better? Freddy can teleport only gens, they can teleport anywhere they wanna

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,641

It's not great. And hell no should his telelport become an add on. Freddy isn't that good against actual good survivors. It's all the puggies that were crying about him that have no clue how to play the game period.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Yeah but that would require effort and re-working some components of his kit, it's much easier to just nerf him globally by tweaking some numbers primarily.

This is BHVR, they are going to take the easiest route not the better one.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,615

"Snares are Freddy's Power. What i have to do? I have to ignore them because they are boring and easy?" Place down snares in a location, push a survivor into that direction after hitting them. Having essentially to prepare your chases prior.

Besides, you can still use Freddy the old way, snares are still placed near instantly. The only weakness to his new power is that survivors HAVE to go to another tile if they see you place snares. If they remain at the loop, the power works the same.

You really dont know anything about Freddy.

First you cant use snares early. If you do that, survivors will destroy them when you are not near. Because snares will not injure them. So you need to use them when you are in chase. Before chase it is useless. Freddy is not Hag or Trapper. Snares are not like like this traps. Different.

Hag and Trapper can see traps with red symbol. So they can push survivors to traps. But Freddy cant do that. Snares have not symbol. This tactic only can use for dream pallets but i dont like pallets so much.

Now point is you cant use snares in chase. I mean yes you can use but you will lose so much speed. And snare is also makes survivor slower for seconds. So what is point to use snares then? Nothing. They made Freddy useless.