Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.7.0 PTB Feedback

Regarding The Demogorgon changes as a demo main

slim0bslim0b Member Posts: 551
edited April 2021 in 4.7.0 PTB Feedback

I'm a bit disappointed I had super high hopes for a change as big as wraith's but we got something as big as trapper's.

Adressing the wrong issues

Mobility was never demo's problem, period. You will NEVER hear a demo main complain about how hard it is to get from 1 side of the map to another, we knew how to set up our portals effectively.

Why is there no mention of his chase power (shred)? We all know mobility was never demo's problem it's how bullyable he is in a chase, and his power is mainly used for baiting in the higher ranks because the lunge is dodge-able. It's a 5x worse punishment of the damned.

And the one addon demo masters used to be able to engage in most loops, the rat liver, a mere brown addon, was not mentioned at all even after TONS of requests for it to be base-kit, hell even the mods responded to it and said they forwarded the message. (For non demo players it makes holding shred 100% instead of 90%)

Sound Cues

Why is there no mention of how loud he is, he has sound cues for EVERYTHING the survivor doesn't even need to look behind that much he makes sound cues doing NOTHING at all its hard to mindgame. You vault? AAAA. You ready your shred? AAAAA. You are literally just walking and doing nothing? SHKHSKHSKHSK It's TOO MUCH

The undetectable duration was increased yet you can hear his feet stomping from a mile away, it doesn't make any sense. He's supposed to be a killer who creeps up on his prey not run at them and pray they're deaf.

I really do hope the devs re-consider the changes for demoboy and see what his real problem is, I'd look to the ground and say hey its just the PTB but we both know they seldom change anything from it.

Post edited by MandyTalk on

Comments

• slim0bslim0b Member Posts: 551

Yeah honestly I'd love to see a build revolve around demo's stealth one day but with his current state not so much :(

• musstang62musstang62 Member Posts: 449

Took the words right out of my mouth. I actually like the bulk of this patch, but I really can't understand why there is this trepidation towards buffing Demo. Undetectable is pointless when Demo stomps and screams away his position for everyone within a 5 mile radius to hear

I guess the bar has been set low enough that I'm at least happy they didn't nerf him, which honestly wouldn't have surprised me at this point. If we're gunna use stats to nerf freddy (which I agree, they should), why not look at the same stats that show demo with a really low kill rate, and give him some sizeable buffs? Especially since it'll probably be another 2 years before he gets another pass?

• ZeusZeus Member Posts: 2,112

I'm really curious to see how much faster demo can now traverse the map. That has always been his issue along with him being loud as f.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 1,903
  • Dream_WhisperDream_Whisper Member Posts: 129

See! This guy speaks the truth :)

These Devs really need to reconsider a new proposal changes for our Demogorgon changes; because.... the portals are nice improvements but the Loud Footsteps he makes do not conceal him at all; even with the Undetectable status effect! Plus; I hope the addon Rework incorporate more Rat Liver based addons; more specifically more Shred base attacks or buffs to his base kit with Shred attack improvements!

I would love a Irdrensent addon that allows the Demogorgon to instant down Survivors with just his shred with increasing Of The Aypss movement speed; but with no portals to place for no map pressure/aura reading!

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,523

It's never good when a killers needs one addon that much. It's very strange that they don't fix that. Same as Trapper you always need that bag, and then you can only have one other addon.

• lunaticlifterlunaticlifter Member Posts: 426

Agree... as demo main, his main problem was always the shred.. i mean is already a strong tool, but rat liver gave him what he needed against good survivors, and you have to sacrifice always 1 addon slot...

• ProfeziaProfezia Member Posts: 673

Exactly.

I really hope they didn't touch rat liver.

As for other changes, meh. Totally not what he needed (except an addon pass maybe, with an exception of Rat liver obviously).

New rotten pumpkin looks very promising by the way, I'm really looking forward to testing it.

I feel like 200 BP is just way too little for this much of a downside

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,689

it makes holding Shred 101% instead of 92%.

Jokes aside, I also hoped for Rat Liver being Basekit. They were at least considering it, as written a few months ago, seems like they were against it.

I am waiting for the full Add On-Pass, but I would be fine with Rat Liver still being a mandatory Add On (I will just call it like that, sure you can play without it, but why should you do that?), as long as

a) it stays common and

b) other Add Ons are more useful.

Because currently, everything aside from Rat Liver is "meh". Buying Add Ons of Green Rarity or higher feels like a waste of BPs. So if there are more decent Add Ons, I am fine with using one Add On-Slot for Rat Liver, however, I would have preferred to have it Basekit.

I dont have anything against the sound cues, I would maybe lower them/remove them when he is Undetectable due to his Portals, but thats about it. Obviously it would be better if he would not have them, but I dont mind them in gameplay and I like them, because they fit.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Ooh yeah when they said they're doing an 'addon pass' I wonder what's gonna happen to rat liver. If it's no longer a brown add-on then that'll suck. I can play him just fine addon-less, he doesn't really need it and it enforces a playstyle I'm not a fan of, but the difference between having it and not having it is huge.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,756

Jokes aside, I also hoped for Rat Liver being Basekit. They were at least considering it, as written a few months ago, seems like they were against it.

Which is interesting if you think about Pyramid Head 🤔

I don't remember demogorgon being able to hit through walls.

I know,which is why i'm confused why Demo can't have rat liver basekit but Pyramid Head (who has a WAY better zoning potential) moves at 110% without any addons

Pyramid Head moves at 110% without any addons while using his ability and has way better zoning

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,689

Ah yes. Does not really make sense why Demo cannot move at 101% while charging his Power. His Shred is also weaker than POTD (and Demo overall weaker than PH).

Yuppppp thats why i mentioned in the thread a 5x worse punishment of the damned instead of directly comparing. But I don't wanna make assumptions as to how strong demo's mobility is compared to PH's negation of literally every single hook perk

I mean I think it's personal preference, for me I think about it, I hook a survivor somewhere, I wanna go to my other portals near gens to pressure survivor, I go in and bam my portal at the hook is gone and I can't go back to pressure the rescuer in case my gen teleportation goes wrong and i don't down the guy on the gen.

You basically now can access you portal network from any point of the map without worrying about setting a portal in a useless spot as long as you have 1 spare portal.

You can also just destroy portals that you no longer need

But if you have to use a portal near something important, don't, just place another nearby and use it.

Although it doesn't matter anything because overall demo was heavily nerfed.

lmao this post was before I found out about the exact changes in the patch notes, When I mentioned "a bit disappointed" right now I'm not even close

It's like everyone asks for the trapper bag to be base-kit and instead you nerf it. See how stupid you sound?

Whoever made the demo addon nerfs you have no idea the amount of hatred me and this community have for you right now, but I'd rather just leave it at that because I'm honestly 4 more words away from getting banned.

Goodbye demo :( It's been a good run

Edit: Thanks to @DeathByGiggles rat liver is BACK, thanks a lot for listening, thanks a lot BHVR, first time I'm actually not saying it sarcastically.

My points still stand but honestly right now I can say with comfort demo's a tier up right now.

Not needing to run rat liver anymore allows you to put the few new shred addons they made, which I can understand because it's in BHVR's nature to be scared to make a killer too strong.

I think to the balance team you should also realize you have killers like Oni that exist, powerful yet still perfectly balanced.

Don't be afraid to make someone like demo to that level even if it means you increase the skill cap. Just make the increase in the skill cap worth it don't just make it harder without allowing for more power rewarded for the skill.

• FIEND8LOODEDFIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 334

One additional thing regarding the sound cues is that Demo gives a map-wide cue EVERY time they go through a portal, which really hampers their ability to actually ambush people like the devs seem to want. Buffing undetectable does nothing if you're going to give survivors a warning sound for when Demo's probably about to ambush. Whether you can hear them or not, you'll know that they're probably coming after that cue.