Is Video Genie Blacklisted?

HexylHexyl Member Posts: 60
edited November 2018 in Technical issues

So pretty much for those who dont know what this program is its usually only on msi built computers anyway this is what it does.

Video Genie provides the automatic color saturation enhancement, contrast enhancement and intelligent gamma correction.Video Genie not only improves the quality of static image, the video playback will be dramatically enhanced

with that being said it has made my dbd look really really nice i use low settings mostly because its brighter but with video genie it makes my game look a lot better the reason im asking this is its a program that i can run on my computer im just curious if EAC actively looks for these types of programs if so would behavior possibly do a review over it?

Also id like to add its kinda like nnvidia freestyle but at the same time its not really the same it differs in ways

(Also mods if i posted this in the wrong section im very sorry didnt know where to post this type of question)

Tagged:

Comments

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 1,901

https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/dbd/guides/whitelist/

This is the list of programs that are whitelisted by EAC for DBD, I don't believe the program that you mentioned is listed. It would probably be wise to contact EAC to find out for certain and maybe use Freestyle in the meantime.

• DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,328
    edited November 2018
    MandyTalk said:

https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/dbd/guides/whitelist/

This is the list of programs that are whitelisted by EAC for DBD, I don't believe the program that you mentioned is listed. It would probably be wise to contact EAC to find out for certain and maybe use Freestyle in the meantime.

The joke is, EAC doesn't respond. I'm personally waiting over 2 months to get my question answered and still nothing, it's a joke support. It would be really great if you mods/devs could deliver those questions directly to EAC to get quick answers, since you have direct contact with them. I really believe they just ignore regular people.

Also, since ReShade is whitelisted and does pretty much the same, I don't think the program of OP could get him banned. But better be save than sorry and use ReShade instead to be save.
  • HexylHexyl Member Posts: 60

I did reach out to EAC currently waiting on a response also i do agree with the dwight person there should be some type of way for the community to reach out to the devs or maybe even a representative from EAC or something because getting in touch with them can be hard mostly because it depends on when they will get back to you which can be some time depending on the back up.

• DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,328
    Lol getting straight up ignored by eac and now by MandyTalk. Feelsignoredman
  • MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 1,901

Not ignoring anyone, I've also contacted EAC and am awaiting to hear back from them. No point in updating the thread until that time.

• HexylHexyl Member Posts: 60
    edited February 11

Man gotta love eac pretty much best anti cheat company man do they communicate well with the community so its been months since this was posted no contact back from eac. Its sad when even a mod cant get a reply back from this further proves the point behavior ditch the dead weight make a anticheat already.