Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.7.0 PTB Feedback

When lucky break stays like this I'm quitting killer.

MineguyMineguy Member Posts: 318
edited April 2021 in 4.7.0 PTB Feedback

I think many people will not have a problem with the new lucky break. But I'm not good at killer, it's fun but not the best at chasing. And now this monstrosity exists. 90 seconds of guessing where the survivor went after there is a wall between me and them? No thanks because almost everyone is running iron will and this combo is to much for me.

Comments

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

Does timer pause if you heal so it can be used multiple times a game?

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

When you fully heal yes it stops just like before. But unless you manage to lose killer under 30s you won't be able to get 2 uses out of it unless you have other healing perks and a medkit.

You've quite likely to get 2 uses out of it if you make a build around it, otherwise it's 1 time use when standalone.

• MineguyMineguy Member Posts: 318

And people already planning how to abuse it most effectively. Jep I'm quitting when it's staying like this

Are you asking me something? I don't get why you tagged me without answering my question

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,529

The time still counts down while ypur healing as well so possibly (depending on the killer perks and addon) you get less time and value out if it.

Thank you. I've never ran it, so was unsure to it parameters.

• valvarez4valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

The same happens to many survs when devs nerfed ds to trash perk

• JayDoesGamesJayDoesGames Member Posts: 263

Have you tried using your eyes to find someone? Also heard of stridor? Its counterable.

• TwinnedHawks8772TwinnedHawks8772 Member Posts: 50

yea, honestly I'm horrible at following people without scratch marks but I still think this is a good change. It will hopefully add another A-low S tier perk to the survivors, so that I don't always just see the same stuff. It's nice seeing builds with interesting things, it's always annoying when I can tell all of a survivors perks throughout the match because they're so reused. "oh he dead harded" "I got DSed" "got up when no survivors are around, unbreakable" "that's BT" and I just go through the same process every game with almost every survivor.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

the thing is, the perk was already an F tier perk so theyd pretty much just be reviving a dead perk just to kill it again.

• CrypticghoulCrypticghoul Member Posts: 547

If this perk goes live there's no way I'm playing any killers that can't one hit down (and maybe Plague. The coughing and vomit might make it possible to track them).

The fact that they can bring a medkit and just heal themselves to pause their Lucky Break timer should you decide to break chase and go for someone else makes the perk ridiculously difficult to deal with.

Lucky Break might be okay hiding scratch marks if they still bled but in its current state coupled with Iron Will there's actually no way to track the survivor if you have to break a pallet or they break line of sight at all.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 3,059

I'd be surprised it makes it to live. It's a quite bizarre buff in itself.

• XayrlenXayrlen Member Posts: 329

It's once per trial, get a hold of yourself.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416
    edited April 2021

If Lucky Break turns out to stay this way then I'm happy because the meta will shift. Maybe Stridor will be meta outside of Spirit, who knows.

Think about it. If we all run Stridor, Iron Will is trumped to the ground. 90 seconds later we'll be able to see the blood and scratch marks again. The only issue here? Off the Record. But then that's 3 slots wasted for that much stealth and only 1 perk slot left. I think we'll be fine, we're only using 1 slot for Stridor and the other 3 for whatever the hell we want.

• DstorvDstorv Member Posts: 45

Yes its counterable. But is it worth it to run stridor to counter it? Nope. Killers can only run 4 perks while survivors get to run 16. Giving up a gen regression perk for stridor just to counter a single perk that you dont even know if survivors are running is dumb.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 3,317

You can still see the survivor, you can still hear the survivor, you can still read the survivors aura.

The injured survivor still has to go back to a gen, the injured survivor is still an M1 away from being downed.

The perk is only active for a limited time, when they're at their most vulnerable.

---

Do you honestly think Lucky Break activates and they just walk out the exit gate? injured survivors work on gens too, you WILL find them.

• HakuHaku Member Posts: 614

It is true on indoor maps this perk may create a shitshow. There is no question about it. EIther by forcing the killer to break a pallet which makes him lose vision on you or by blinding him. No scratches for that long seems quite something. Not sure how to feel about it. It feels like they overdid it here

• WilliamartezzWilliamartezz Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2021

it is literally just 90 seconds i don't get it why people are complaining about, lucky break was one of the most least used perks, i hated it but now it got a good buff and people are complaining about it i don't find it meta because it goes away permantally after 90 seconds and it most of the time gets wasted if the survivor is careless, good survivors would still loop and try to lose the killer in chases which makes the aspect of the game more exciting

• Avarice10Avarice10 Member Posts: 482

I think killers might be just a tad too overly dependent on scratch marks,

Though to be fair you do have chase music blasting in your ears making it hard to hear subtle things like foot steps. Perhaps the Devs should remove or lower the chase music audio.

• Lord_TonyLord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

you won't have an issue tracking them when your chainsaw can just 1 hit them as leatherface

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 2,129

when shits broken then shits broken, take undying, that ######### was broken and honestly should never have made it to live. Neither should this.

honestly now i have came to realization, lucky break and iron will is a overpowered meta but if executed poorly can be a waste of a perk, i thought that sometimes you can't get the full value of the perk because of certain events and since it goes away permantally made me think that it is not good of a perk since sometimes you get injured and waste the timer on lucky break and don't get to use it much

i would still say that lucky break is not extreme game breaking because sometimes certain tiles won't get effected by lucky break and waste lucky break timer

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 2,661

You can go play Civ 5 as Matt would say.

• FellowKillerMainFellowKillerMain Member Posts: 816

I wouldn't mind survivor meta changing if that change also included a change to killer meta. But as it is, everything lately is buff survivor, and 'fix killer'. Sometimes it seems like they hold off on fixing issues with killers, to bring them in during updates as "buffs" - the metaphorical bone being thrown. "See, we are improving killers, and survivors."

• Avarice10Avarice10 Member Posts: 482
    edited April 2021

Just going to repeat what I wrote in another thread;

Personally I think Off the Record is fine. It can be completely countered by perks that cause the exposed status effect or killers who have powers which applies exposed to survivors. (Myers/GF/LF/Oni/Billy) etc. Killers can bring perks that increase the time to heal wasting the perks finite seconds, and Killers like Legion and Plague can constantly keep survivors injured to also waste the survivors perk. The Plague is probably going to be the hardest counter to this perk as infected survivors will cough and make noise, and if the survivor wants to keep Off the record they'll be forced to cleanse giving the plague her power. The Doctor can also track survivors by making them mad and can check the area with his static blast.

Killers will need to adapt just as survivors need to adapt when a new killer or perk comes out, it's hardly game breaking.