Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.7.0 PTB Feedback

Lucky break is not acceptable

MineguyMineguy Member Posts: 318
edited April 2021 in 4.7.0 PTB Feedback

"But then the meta would shift" Just be quiet. Please for the love of god just be quiet. This perk is too strong, it doesn't matter how you personally want to see it. Killers and survivors are saying the perk is too strong and there are 100% right. You can be the best killer on this planetwith nurse and lucky break would still make it impossible to be chased.

Comments

• KoukdwKoukdw Member Posts: 279
    edited April 2021

"Killers and survivors are saying the perk is too strong" No alot of killers and survivor like this perk as it is.

You don't have the monopole of the opinion on this perk. The current meta is so boring a change is very needed if BHVR don't want to lose more players to HSH. You will need to adapt like survivor had to adapt to smaller maps and less usable pallet and nerf of most of their items for years.

You will need to change your build so that you get more aura perk and different tracking addons.

But everything about that is a good thing because in the end it will change how we play the game and add diversity.

I'm willing to bet the perk won't change killer winrate either.

• GrimzyGrimzy Member Posts: 203

I dont get the complaints. I mean all the perk does is give you a higher escape chance for a limited time ONCE per trial right? After that you simply loose one perk slot.

• GladonosGladonos Member Posts: 333

You don't want it nerfed. You want it to go back to being a trash perk again. This is exactly why the meta has not changed in years because people are so afraid of buffing things. 90% of the perks in this game are useless trash and "baby-steps" are not enough to change that. This is real progress. Is it overpowered? Yes, that is why it is in a beta so we can say that 90 seconds + pause is too damn long and they can implement a fairer live version that still challenges the current brainless perks like Iron Will, Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, Adrenaline. If this goes through this gives us the chance to buff all the trash perks in the game.

• GladonosGladonos Member Posts: 333

Even if it went through in it's current 90 second state it wouldn't "no longer allow killers to play." That is absurd. It would simply be an overpowered perk. This is why killers are crybabies. Complaining that it is overpowered is one thing but this ridiculous drama is insane.

• ghostieboiwsloppyghostieboiwsloppy Member Posts: 197

You guys are rank 10 killers right?

Im all ears nurse doesn’t give a f about lucky break. Anyone with stbfl don’t give a f about lucky break. Legion, oni, plague, Michael, gf, hag, slinger, twins etc.

This post is nonsense, play the ptb dude - it’s really not as scary as it reads on the patch notes.

• AggressiveFTWAggressiveFTW Member Posts: 832
  • Avarice10Avarice10 Member Posts: 482
    edited April 2021

Highly edited footage that promotes his narrative. How many people survive the trial? No clue. What rank were the killers? No clue.

You guys are getting hung up on the wrong thing. Clearly he’s had a few matches on the ptb where lucky Break actually worked - but no one can dispute that it’s a strong perk now. My point was that it’s REALLY counterable unlike old DS.

I love that you entitled killers have no problem with devour/ruin+undying But as soon as survivors get an alternative to The same 4 perk meta for The past 3 years, they completely lose their minds.

Its a fine change, adapt or die.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,954

"Just be quiet". Just like you have the right to express your opinion, so do others. Because I think it is very understandable that people want some form of change to the meta quite desperately. I even agree that I think it will be too strong if it goes live this way, but that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to make arguments for the perk being fine.

It's not completely guaranteed, the average chance of escaping is just much higher, arguably too high for how strict of a timer the killer has to go against.

• nicnc82nicnc82 Member Posts: 342

Just be quiet and stop whining over strong survivors perks. Yall cannot stand when survivors get good perks and want them removed. Ds got changed. Let them have stuff. It's not that bad and I've played both sides in the ptb against both sides. It needs to go live

How so? People who wanna abuse lucky break can’t do gens as efficiently. And they can’t really waste time finding a safe spot for healing.

I don’t see how this will break the escape rates.

• CrypticghoulCrypticghoul Member Posts: 514

I'm in disbelief that anyone is defending this perk honestly. They're either playing against (or are) very bad survivors and/or don't play killer.

Lucky Break + Iron Will + a Medkit to pause the timer is absolutely insane. If this change hits live, the only killers we'll see played are one shot killers and Plague due to the vomiting/coughing ignoring Iron Will.

And "changing the meta" isn't necessarily a good thing for those arguing that. Look at Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer, that was miserable to play against and I'm so thankful the devs nerfed it.

• KoukdwKoukdw Member Posts: 279

Stop this dramatic tone. Just equip some off meta aura/tracking/instakill perks it will be fine. You have plenty of options to counter this perk if it annoy you this much.

Saying that only one shot killers and plague will play is such stupidity. You see weak killer all the time in the match making even successful ones. and i'm talking about rank 1

”Changing the meta” refers to the survivor meta which has had ZERO variation for three years. Killer meta has always had meta variation, shifting from killer to killer.

I play against a lot of high mmr swfs and I honestly don’t think those types of survivor players wanna sacrifice unbreakable or ds for lucky break and iron will. Because lucky Break is inherently not a gen-efficiency perk. Which is why it entering the meta would be a huge win for killer mains - gens aren’t gonna pop as fast. Besides it has a lot of perk-counter and takes map Awareness to play with AND against. Which is a lot more fun than just DS goes brrr.

As a killer main I can’t wait for it to hit live, gonna be a lot of fun for both sides.

• JimboMasonJimboMason Member Posts: 754

how the hell can you have this mindset? Besides legion and hag in some scenarios, all of these killers can be affected by lucky break if a survivor just doesn't heal

Oni can track blood regardless of lucky break. Twins can track u with little man. Michael can stalk and one shot. Ghostface can stalk and one shot. Blight and Nurse catch up quicker than you can lose LoS if they know what they are doing.

It kinda seems like you have no idea what you are talking about. We have so many tracking perks and expose perks that Scratch marks are just kind of a bonus at this point.

Why not? they just need to to start running slightly earlier, and as soon as line of sight is broken in some area with multiple objects, the survivor will easily be able to lose the killer again. I do not think survivors with lucky break will be more gen shy. If anytthing, they can escape much easier when the killer approaches the gen they are working on. So they are actually much safer to repair a gen while innjured than without Lucky Break.

• DwightFairfieldDwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,247

over time i warmed up to it

as a survivor main i probably wouldn't use it, but provided it requires two out of four perks to pull off, AND has a limited usage means it sort of balances itself

so someone can run away once or twice thanks to two perks, and then you down them and they don't have dead hard, adrenaline, BT, unbreakable, etc. etc.

taking up two perkslots for a powerful combo is normal meta shift type stuff, it's the same thing with Resilience/Spine Chill for faster vault speeds.

• odraodra Member Posts: 369

this perk is too strong actually i only wanted the stridor spirit to be nerfed, but using this skill to counter it would be really unfair to other killer.

even i would hate this perk when playimg as killer. since injured means you extend the chase a bit and if you lucky you can escape not as guaranteed escape

• valvarez4valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

Spirit is stronger and I don’t see the killers complaining when a cat can 4k with this killer

• DanoobielDanoobiel Member Posts: 129

LB on PTB is utterly broken.

I guess it's fine if you give killers Ruin + pre nerf Undying back, LOL.

Do that and I will finally shut up about LB.

I would be totally fine with ruin undying coming back. But I’m biased as killer main.

The problem with old ruin undying and new undying devour is that solo queueing is the hardest way of playing DbD. It’s very rough coordinating cleanse and saves which is why they changed it. Undying + devour might be a little too strong but it’s pretty balanced against efficient swfs.

All of you killer mains need to play so solo survivor man. You think getting looped for 5 gens is rough? At least you have control of that. You don’t have control of ######### teammates or getting farmed or dying on first hook.

Stop complaining, lucky break is fine.