Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Solo queue survivors who don't run kindred

Comments

• BangarangBangarang Member Posts: 352

I love using Kindred. I don’t always use it as I like to try out different builds, but it’s definitely one perk I use a lot. For me, it can be a complete game changer. Knowing whether you should stay on a generator or go for the save can honestly be the difference between everybody escaping or not.

I also love Bond and I’ve recently been using Better Together which is actually pretty great and I’m surprised more people don’t use it.

• Gay_Police_DeptGay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 744

I don't understand the argument "I rather run Bond over Kindred". I run both because, while they can overlap each other sometimes, they have different range + one of them shows the auras to other survivors AND lets you see where the killer is heading to as well, allowing better coordination.

My build is all around information, these 2 perks + spine chill and better together, because i don't think i need anything else. I can loop well enough, always check for escape routes before working on a gen, etc... I can use my skills to deal with that, but i can't get the information i want just by using skills.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2021

deliverance is way better. sure kindred can have its plays but with deliverance you dont waste your teammates time (which they probably wouldve spent self caring in a corner anyway). also kindred doesnt help camping, all it does is tell the other survivors that going for the unhook is a death wish. deliverance can also come in clutch in the end game when the killer hooks you next to an open exit gate. there were so many times where i wished i had the perk

• BangarangBangarang Member Posts: 352

I don’t really think they’re comparable as perks. One gives you countless aura reading and the other let’s you jump off the hook and only if you’ve managed to get a safe hook rescue first. Both are good in their own ways, but I’d say that Kindred is definitely more consistent with what it brings to the table.

• KayTwoAyyKayTwoAyy Member Posts: 863

Generally, I don’t really think I need it.

I’m almost never left on hook for over a minute, and if I am, its because of the killer’s actions.

I also don’t experience many avoidable hook trades or BT plays that Kindred would have helped.

As for when my teammates are on the hook, I practice common sense (closest full-health survivor has priority for unhook), and use context clues to inform my decision making.

Audio cues, HUD status changes, and what I can see all provide plenty of info for me to make a decision.

The only thing Kindred gives me that I’m otherwise lacking is knowledge about what gens people are working on.

I often feel like i’m the only one who notes the location of other generators being worked on when Kindred is up.

If i see a killer chase a survivor off a gen I’ll go over there to either stop the PGTW regression or finish the generator.

i will never understand why my teammates prefer to start a generator with 0% progress over the one they should have seen me cranking on Kindred.

I ######### you not, i’ve seen teammates start working on 0% gens that are 24m away from 90% gens they clearly saw me get chased off of with Kindred.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,806

Because I am sure my teammates will save me...

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,280

Because I change my perks alot.

• sesawyer3127sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

Kindred is a great info perk,,,that run with borrowed time to help with saves is a good half of a build I think.

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,749

But that doesn't happen every game, you would rather just not run it most of the time?

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,616

I used to run both Kindred and Bond, but I have come to prefer Kindred a lot more and dropped Bond. Seeing other Survivors whenever is nice, but seeing the Killer is what I find valuable. Also knowing if someone else is going for a save so I don't have to leave the gen myself is good.

• EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,257

Because the number one reason we die is because no one repairs generators. Prove Thyself doesn't help that. Kindred doesn't help that. Nothing does. It's a wasted perk slot.

Actually, I think deliverance is sometimes detrimental to use in solo queue. Yeah sure, it can help you when your teammates leave you on hook, but what happens when they don't? Most of the time a teammate will rescue you, but if you have deliverance and use it there is a good chance that your teammate will have already wasted their time to come get you and it would have been better to let them rescue you.

Kindred tells you a lot more than just where the killer is, it lets everyone know what everyone is up to which is valuable information.

In end game, you should probably be on second stage or death hook if you have been taking hooks for your teammates.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,763

I need space for sole survivor

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296

What bothers me even more is when I bring kindred as solo, I'm on the hook, the killer is face camping me and they STILL aren't doing gens.

• FancyMrBFancyMrB Member Posts: 1,228

I did run it but I found it didn't really help. People play how they wanna play and a perk won't change that.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,718

When I ran it I would be left on hook when killer was no where near me and be farmed off hook when killer was right there.

• AxeAxe Member Posts: 1,061

my build are often more focused on chases and gen pressure.

I run kindred every now and then and will prob do it a lot more once we get the open handed buff.

• lagostalagosta Member Posts: 1,682

@ShamelessPigMain I wonder how many of us in SQ would equip a perk that granted blindness while hooked.

• 53nation53nation Member Posts: 678

I run it basically every game. I just like to know what everyone is doing. I genuinely feel like it helps everyone in the trial make better decisions. Solo Q groups need all the help they can get. Also works decently with PT as a sort of ghetto bond.

• AkitoAkito Member Posts: 611

I get what you mean. I like running Kindred because it's very good. I really like the information about the killer.

One guy said "Uhh, but I dont wanna see the guy selfcaring in the corner"

if you are on the hook, you will see him no matter what. If not, Kindred tells you that if no ones goes for the unhook YOU should do it. Thats the point.

Beside the fact that you can see what the Killer is doing and adjust your position to have an advantage and other small things like map awarness (sth that only a good Killer has).

It's the fact to see if someone is ALREADY sprinting to the hook so that YOU can stay there, be efficient and do a gen. Or if no one goes for the unhook or both Survivors are deactivated by the Killer, you have to go.

And you see where exactly your teammates are and maybe the Killer too. That gives you the chance to position yourself perfect.

Kindred is a very good perk and very impactful. But if you have those hardcore noobs who despites to do anything productive it really doesn't matter what perks you run. No DS, BT, Unbreakable - Nothing is enough to win a game with those.

But all I can tell is that the quality of the games and the chances that the game will go well are higher with Kindred. It's all about information and how to position yourself perfect = efficiency. That's my personal experience.

Doesn't mean I don't run other things. Atm I enjoy healing build and WGLF. Just to relax and don't give a F about escaping or not.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

Sometimes I get annoyed with needing 2 perk slot just for basic info that is free for Swfs. (small game, kindred).

• NVerdeNVerde Member Posts: 264

I tend not to use it as others have said, it ends up annoying me more than it is helpful when I see what other teammates are doing and it's often nothing useful.

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 1,102

Info is fun until you realize that a perk slot for info has much less value than a perk slot for situations.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited April 2021

Solo survivors should not be forced to run perks to get what swf get for free.

I have yet to see a single update to buff solo survivors like the devs said they wanted to.

Kindred as base kit would be too strong, there has to be a different change to survivors to make solo queue better.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2021

you are overestimating my solo queue teammates. i got hooked and all of them waited at the exit gate teabagging. the killer wasnt even hardcore camping so they easily couldve gotten it. i feel like deliverance completely removes a lot of solo queue issues while kindred still has you relying on teammates to some extent.

I think that most people underestimate how good the average solo queue game is and would be willing to prove it, gimme like a week or two to play some survivor with and without kindred. This should be interesting.