Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do you think you belong in red ranks?

Comments

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,097

Difficulty is that 'red rank' is meaningless due to the way survivor emblems work.

I am definitely better than I was when I first got to red rank, and I'm better than a LOT of red rank players, but I'm not some top tier survivor and I'm not -that- good at looping a killer. I'd probably be purple rank if the ranking system worked properly.

• TicTacTicTac Member Posts: 2,203

Its hard to say. I dont know how good red rank player would be. Current red rank is easy as almost every killer and survivor, but there are matches where i need my mains to keep up with the survivor. Im probably around top 15%, but i cant say for sure.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,704

Technically, I am the same. But instead of learning about numbers and mechanics, I love to learn about the game's history. From old offerings to broken builds in the past, I love to learn about everything.

But, like you, that is my real skill. Other than that, I am pretty bad and definitely shouldn't be in Red Ranks. Sometimes I just do random stuff in-game and hope it works.

• XzanXzan Member Posts: 908

As survivor? Nope. I can do gens and I'm mediocre in chases.

As killer? I often get the feeling that I'm red ranks because I can make good use of the mistakes survivor do, not because I'm a good player.

• TheDarkTyrantTheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 1,955

I believe I would be in red ranks. I do very well and get 3-4 in most games. I don't know which red rank I would be in though. 1, 2, 3, or 4.

• RoboMojoRoboMojo Member Posts: 1,322

No. If ranks were an accurate measure of skill I might be about rank 6 or 7. I have my moments but I’m usually just average or even mediocre.

• ProfeziaProfezia Member Posts: 673

Well, I think I'm definitely better than 95% of the playerbase, at least by experience (playing since DbD beta), so I surely belong in red ranks.

• Raz_Raz_ Member Posts: 296

as survivor yes, not a god player but i know how to optimally play the game, loop etc

as killer more rank 4-7, depending on the killer.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,245
    edited April 2021

Yeah i just reached 6k hours in this game 50/50 between survivor and killer and i pretty much know completly everything about this games mechanics. As killer personally i end most of my matches with a 3k because hatch but most of the survivors i face or get solod with are kinda potatoes. I saw a red rank survivor with like 100 hours in red before i think? Then as survivor i run the killer for 2 minutes and 1 gen pops. Im personally gonna fear the mmr as killer because i know im gonna get pushed to my limit but itll feel nice as survivor getting teammates of my skill level.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,815

For killer not really. I'm rank 3 killer and I think I'm more rank 7-8. As survivor without a doubt yes. I feel I make all the difference in most games as solo for my teams.

• landromatlandromat Member Posts: 2,193

90% of survivors are boosted potatoes on red rank because of SWF. Solo they're purple at max

• sharkster13sharkster13 Member Posts: 228

I'm red in survivor and green/purple in killer. For the survivor I still feel I'm more in the purple ranks because of the killers I get paired with (either yellow/green or red). But I did notice my inexperienced looping kinda puts really good killers off cause they don't expect it.

But for the killer it depends for which killer. For some I feel I should be in brown, but for some I feel I should be red. But overall I feel I should be in yellow.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,594

Not particularly. Low-tier Killer with meme build? I shouldn't be able to climb up to rank 1. I think my rank is due to the large percentage of potatoes.

• Deathslinger_MainDeathslinger_Main Member Posts: 75

No. Maybe purple ranks tho

• Deathslinger_MainDeathslinger_Main Member Posts: 75

As a deathslinger main it's hard to compete against a coordinated team.

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

As nurse? Yes

As survivor? No, green or purple maybe?

As any other killer? Not even green ranks

• oliviaaoliviaa Member Posts: 102

ya i think i do belong in red ranks. i got here from only playing solo queue in 2 months so either the killers flopped or i am just slightly above average

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,191

given that i play this game for fun and red ranks are about as fun as watching paint dry on half speed, absolutely not, i have never gotten there and have no plans to

• MinibeastyMinibeasty Member Posts: 52

As a survivor? No. And sometimes it's very frustrating to go only against red ranked killers since their skill usually overlaps mine by a long shot. I rarely feel like I have a chance of escaping 😥

• KiPiKiPi Member Posts: 43

Steam likes to disagree.

Other than that you might be right :p

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296

I think I belong in purple. At times I do very well with my chases and other times I do horrible. As survivor I have a tendency to run to dead zones. Which is why I'm starting to run Windows of Opportunity.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,892

Hmm,i would say about High Purple Rank would fit for me as both killer and survivor.

I got a lot of knowledge on both sides and know how to play them pretty well.

My only big weakness is that i'm pretty inconsistent.

Like one game i'm able to get one great play after another but next game i'm doing so many stupid mistakes that i'm wondering how i'm not back to rank 20 yet.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,394

Id say i belong in purple for both roles. At 12 and 14 atm as i don't get to play that much.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,975

Yeah, I stopped playing for a month or 2 due to some frustrations and so my rank naturally fell, I went back to green ranks and it was bad, like 4k'ing while doing nothing but moving backwards the whole game bad. Even when I got back to purple ranks it was still pretty consistent 4ks, it wasnt till I started going up against red ranks again that got some kind of challenge, sometimes, since you know even when I got back to red ranks I would still sometimes get as low as yellow ranks so you know.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,704

Yes

• CornHubCornHub Member Posts: 1,864

I belong in purple ranks, but I've been hard stuck in red ranks for 2+ years. Unless I get tunneled & camped 10 games in a row in not leaving anytime soon.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Don't have lightborn on most of my killers unfortunately.

• worriedfeng03worriedfeng03 Member Posts: 82

Before the rank reset I was rank 2 and honestly I don't know how to loop to save my life (at least I don't believe I know how to loop) so I was very surprised that I got that far up the ranks.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,521

Yeap. I'm a sweaty try hard. Who is great at killing and looping