Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Dodging SWF

HuDawgHuDawg Member Posts: 312
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

I want to hear all your opinions on dodging SWF. I've been guilty of cherry picking my lobby many times before and i dont think it will stop if i see a SWF whether its 3 or 4 man on red rank with flashlights then nope im out.

Comments

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,174

Play however you want to play. Dodge if you want to dodge. I don't mind SWFS that much. I still chase them down and kill them. I love using my ruin and giving everyone chases before I have to be a sweaty try and break it. So I only dodge maps/Detective taps(yes others can run DH. But usually only with maps) Whereas a tall may have DH just as a base

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,174

Also...My advice to you is learn to bait flashlights. Enjoy all the free hits you'll get from them and slug them all. I will GLADLY run vs 4 flashies

• PanicSquidPanicSquid Member Posts: 655

I usually take the bullet, so some other killer doesn't have to. Same with keys.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,408

Playing against SWF has improved my skill a lot and I never dodge them unless I've already played against them on the same day. Even if they have like 4 keys or 2 toolboxes/2 flashlights, it's still fun to play against them because of the challenge it brings.

I recommend playing against them, they might feel sweaty to play against and you may have to sweat against them, but it's still satisfying to get at least a 2k against them.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

I don't, SWFs are rarely bully squads, 8/10 times they are the nicest players you'll come across, the other 2/10 times they are the literal worst you will ever come across. I take that risk.

Most of the anger you'll get come from solo's because they are frustrated.

• eleventbheleventbh Member Posts: 309

I like seeing flashlights in a lobby or going into the game and realizing it's a sabo squad. They're usually super altruistic and just trying to make fun plays for themselves, so I try to have a fun time too. Seeing flashlights means someone's always going to be wasting time hovering around for a save. I just don't like groups like the one I versed earlier that all brought balanced landing, toolboxes and one BNP+ offering for Hawkins. If I could've dodged I would've. Who knew BL was so good on that map?

• BioXBioX Member Posts: 1,378

Do whatever you want but I'm you care too much.

Know that even I you don't hit anyone you still only gain points, there is no negative.

Personally I don't care enough, I just play whatever is matched up with me

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Survivor in solo queue is more like minecraft if your little brother every so often just came in and burned all the stuff you built to the ground randomly 😂

• XzanXzan Member Posts: 908

I dodge if i have a Daily on a Killer I'm not good with.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,312
  • MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

I often dodge full SWF lobbies after awful games. Usually by quitting to go play survivor for a few trials.

• beachedbeached Member Posts: 302

I usually am up for a good challenge with swfs who have the same amount of hours as me (given they have public profiles on steam) but if it is some god squad comp team that have thousands of hours collectively who are just looking to bully killers in public matches I'm going to dodge. If you want to play like a comp team I will fully admit that I'm not as good as a comp killer, I play this game casually so I feel like if I don't match the vibe they put off I won't ready up.

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

On what world do you live in to believe that this game is balanced around soloqueue?

Going against soloqueuers is a faceroll, and I'm not even carried around by gen regression perks

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791

Meanwhile my experience is the exact opposite, consistently.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,098

First of all, DBD isn't balanced. Never was. 

Second, the devs intention is to balance the game around solo queue, because balancing it towards SWF would make the solo experience miserable. 

And just because you are going against 4 solos, it doesn't mean a free victory. I rarely play with friends, so most of my survivor experience has been in solo queue, and I've seen countless effective teammates and great plays. 

• RoboMojoRoboMojo Member Posts: 1,287

Isn’t being downed early usually the survivors fault? Unless you’re talking about the killer spawning like right next to the killer. DCing because of that is still scummy but whatever. People DC for literally anything these days.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,312

You are right. because swf and solo is not seperated, the balance of killers is somewhere in between both modes, leaving killer at an advantage vs solo survivors (but good survivors can handle it, but with this matchmaking, its just a diceroll), and swf stomp you if they want to.

Thats why it needs to be sepereated from each other, so you can balance both modes seperatly. But swf don´t want that, using the argument killers wouldnt play vs swf, ignoring the fact that there would be no reason doing this if the balance was aknowledging their advantage and balance accordingly. They just dont want to lose said advantage. Also, there is killer that like the challange, i was assured.

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

I can count on my hand the times i got stomped by a swf

• just_temejust_teme Member Posts: 190

Swf is just potential it doesent make them good or make them have reasonable decisions. 4 soloq players can be leagues ahead of 4man.

Granted swf reduces how good you have to be but at the same time it promotes overaltruism which is a detriment.