Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Dodging SWF

2»

Comments

• just_temejust_teme Member Posts: 190

Sometimes the map rng screwes you over and you can be in a situation where there isnt much you can do at all.

You shouldnt dc but i wouldnt blame someone for being frustrated about it.

• Harold_ShipmanHarold_Shipman Member Posts: 700

I am often tempted, but then remember how terrible my own swf is and hope they will be the same. They rarely are, but it does happen on occasion.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,308

Only way you can be certain is if you spawn the lobby and each survivor comes in one at a time. Most cases survivors are waiting on a killer to join, making it look like a 4 man SWF when its not.

• selflessneaselflessnea Member Posts: 555

I could careless if it's a swf. Honestly I invite it to some extent. I would much rather have the challenge everyone and a while from a good swf then to have all relatively easy games from solos/lackluster swfs.

• Friendly_BlendetteFriendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,355

I dodge keys and streamers thats it. Streamers cause I don't want to do something stupid get it clipped and now this a clip of me making some stupid play forever. Keys cause they are keys.

• TDKTDK Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2021

I dodge when i wanna have a nice Game. If i want some toxic hell i try. The moment click click click starts or Hooksabo etc. i start the Hookcamping. I don't even care for the Gens, let them do it. I only need one and thats where the Match starts.

Its much more fun, fast Games, fast Lobbys anyway. And if i Snowball into a 3 or even 4 K, hmmm...

• DragonshensiDragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

Usually it’s hard to tell they are SWF. Especially if they are on PC and I’m on PS4. Fair warning though, survivors still using Christmas outfits like elf Dwight and such are guaranteed to be toxic so I always avoid those outright.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,672

I have dodged 1 lobby, and that was because I recognised a team-mate who a couple of rounds back did his best to deliberately screw up the team (blocking; notifying killer, etc.). However, knowing there was a troll was the only reason.

As killer, I want to improve and that won't happen by cherry-picking. I empathise with why some do this and there's nothing wrong with backing out on the lobby screen. It's the dc when the round starts that's just being an arse.

Besides, sometime you miss out! I had a 3-person SWF of Claudettes with torches that ended up being slaughtered by my Wraith. Those moments are worth not skipping!

• JasixJasix Member Posts: 1,195

I've never dodged a lobby - what's the point? Assuming people are in a SWF - ok? SWFs are not all powerful - I have faced plenty of derpy SWFs in my 4+ years. If I notice the survivors can be particularly sweaty - I may change a perk or two to help me out, but that's about it.

• SnowMiserSnowMiser Member Posts: 39

SWF shouldn't even be in the game, I open the friend list of every survivor I come across. If there are friends, report both for cheating and dodge the lobby.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151

Lobby dodge away. Nobody should have to play a frustrating and unfair match, and that's exactly what SWF is gonna give you.

Glad to see you are wasting your time and crying wolf. FYI saying the same thing over and over won't make it true. Just because YOU think something is cheating - I will go by what BHVR considers cheating - since ya know - it's their game. Have fun playing in your personal salt mine.

• RougualRougual Member Posts: 511

Just ready up and play any survivors.

If you cherry pick you just play yourself to wait longer in hopes things will be easier for you, take the depip if you get stomped by 4 Fengs in $36.99 worth of cosmetics and charms; it builds charecter.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,734

Dodging them i get, but why report? They decide what's cheating not us.

The devs have repeatedly stated SWF is not cheating, and was always intended. Half of all survs are in at least a two-man group.

Sounds like lots of false reporting to me...

Developer fiat does not determine what cheating is. What is available in the unmodified game does.

If you show me a SWF group that doesn't use some kind of external communication tool, I'll show you a mythical creature. External voice chat is cheating, regardless of what the developers say, because there is no means of communicating with your allies in the game.

You have posted nearly the same message in like 6 threads. You have been shot down every time by simple logic. Get over it. Adapt - or move on already.

Nope, you don't have a choice but to listen. Gonna be here until you figure out what the word "cheating" means.

Actually I do have a choice and since there is no ignore feature on these forums I will just stop reading your inane posts.

You're a waste of my time.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326

You earn years of life by doing it, sadly it isn't easy to know before the match.

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,505

The only lobby I dodge if it's a swf from the Arabics, which has the most horrific pings and thus very unfun to go against.

Other than that i don't mind swf that much

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,734

I play on console, so I suppose it could be argued stretched res, video filters, sound cards, altering the ini/game files, heck even the mouse itself can be construed as "cheating" and/or "exploits" by comparison, as none of these are available to us for this game. Aside from stretch res I don't consider them as such, mearly in the "possibly unfair" category which I can remedy by turning off Crossplay.

But it is not up to mine, or yours, or anyone's own personal code of honor. It is up to the devs.