Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.7.0 PTB Feedback
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

"iT iNtRoDuCEs sOmEtHInG nEW tO tHE mEtA"

slim0bslim0b Member Posts: 551

ZubatLEL said it best, if you agree with the new lucky break you clearly never played killer at all.

And If you don't play both sides at a higher level then listen, you shouldn't have a part in balancing this game, period. It's like asking the valorant silvers for their opinion on which character is strongest, I know a LOT of survivors who if I asked whos the most busted killer to go against would say clown just cause they're bothered by his visual effect, you only want what's fun for you.

I'm not sure if you're making this whole stupid argument up and repeating the living sh‎‎it out of it till the devs implement it, just like you did with billy's nerf "hE hAd nO lImIT!!!" and completely ignored how fun he was to vs and to play as.

Stop, just stop. If introducing something new to the meta means introducing something completely busted in the game we don't want it, we'd rather see the same 4 BT DH IW DS sweatlords looping us than having to put up with complete loss of survivors upon hitting them then SUREE I'll take the same BT sweatlords any day over this.

This isn't something new to the meta, this is a lazy lazy way to just escape a chase, so damn lazy. Like oh my god the moment you break line of sight and it's over.

And you don't want it implemented for the meta, you want it to make games MUCH easier for you and to bully the everliving hell out of killers.

From someone who plays both sides equally with 1,400 hours this change would be disastrous. If you want videos of me looping rank 1 killers dm me and I'll send them right away (if you're assuming I'm some sweatlord killer main who only runs busted builds and all)

TL;DR: Put yourself in the opposition's shoe for once and you'll understand how unhealthy of a change this is. And if you already understand and you're still insisting "fOR thE mETA", then please stop the lies. You wouldn't want a new "mEtA" killer perk which shows your aura for 20 seconds after being hit in a chase to counter this busted one

Comments

• Avarice10Avarice10 Member Posts: 482

"An equivalent on the killer side would be something like once per game kick a completed gen to undo 25%/50%/75% progress on the gen and add one generator to the gens to be completed before doors get powered count, does not work during end game collapse."

Hyperbolic much?

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,080

That’s why they tested it on a PTB. If it goes through then we’ll have a big problem but it’s unlikely

• ghostieboiwsloppyghostieboiwsloppy Member Posts: 197

I find this notion crazy that because you don’t Agree with a certain streamer or whatever that bullied his chat, you suddenly never play killer.

Well I am a killer main. Been playing for three years. I play survivor at a fairly high level as well. I am interested in balance and variety to this game.

I can’t wait for Lucky Break to hit live servers. It’s gonna be a lot of fun. Especially since it’s gonna break the current gen-rush meta which gets boring Af.

Nice try with the Zubat thing tho. Istg everyone who’s complaining in here about the lucky break change just watched Zubat and came straight here.

The PtB proved that it can be a strong perk but it’s REALLY circumstantial. And it has a lot of counterplay.

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,025

I play more killer than survivor and still want to try it out before jumping on the New-LB-is-op bandwaggon, thank you. If you want to parrot Zubats claims, do that, but when others do want to get their experience first before crying OP, let them.

Also we ALL have NO SAY in balance decisions, thats up to the devs, obvisouly. Still we may have different views of certain topics, who are you to decide which opinions are fine and which not?

I am playing the "oppositions's shoe" , as you phrase it, and still fail to see where this change is unhealthy. Sure they can just vanish with LB+IW, but they have to give up two valuable second chance perks for that. They have to heal up after escaping to not let their LB seconds go to waste, so that even slows the game down (a bit). I don't know if it is busted or not, but I wan't to find that out MYSELF!

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,411
    edited April 2021

This is not feedback, and a clear example of why the DBD community doesn't deserve respect. Instead of making a respectful argument you just jump here with insults and going "muh streamer said". Not saying the new LB is balanced but this is not the way to be taken seriously.

Go play the ptb then, it’s really situational and most killers have Already started to predict the movement of lucky break survivors.

These Zubat goons are completely clueless.

Keep in mind no one’s saying this perk isn’t strong, we are just saying that it has a lot of counterplay and takes actual skill to pull off efficiently against better killers. Everyone’s completely overreacting.

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,025

Nah, i can wait for the live update and try it out then. But I also do not expect anything game breaking.

Don’t worry it’s not game breaking.

If Anything it will reduce the gen speed cuz all of the focus on hiding and healing.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,596
    edited April 2021

You should ask some of the very good survivors on this forum to join a KYF with you on the PTB - I'm not really that good at all and I'd be down - probably be able to get more than 4, I'd imagine, so if that's the case I can spectate and stream your counterplay.

That way, you can show via live/recorded gameplay how inconsequential it is to play against a team running IW/LB.

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to round up some good-really good players to assist.

• BeelzeboopBeelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

But the people who designed it do play only rank 20 games.

If you watch pretty much any footage of the devs playing their own game, you'll realize a couple things:

• They're bad. Really, really bad.
    • They play as scummy as possible to "secure" a victory.
    • They're all survivor mains.
    • None of them are red ranked, even as the objectively easier survivor role.

Explains their balance choices a bit, doesn't it?

• OopsAllHexesOopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

And then your own "gotcha" works against you because the Killer runs Stridor or any Killer perk to counter this build.

Here's a question for you: Do you think that a player should be rewarded for dedicating several perk slots to a single purpose?

• OopsAllHexesOopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    edited April 2021

Yeah, this still isn't busted because Killer perks shut it down. If you went through some of these topics, you'd see people like ShamelessPigMain bringing up perks that counter it.

Iron Will? Stridor says "hi". Lucky Break? Say hello to Sloppy Butcher.

And yes, you DO need to make a strong effect for dedicating two perk slots to a single effect in order to compete with meta, one slot only perks. THAT is balance.

And don't try "yOu DoN'T pLaY KiLlEr" please, I have 1000+ hours on console DBD as both sides, alongside several other feats that I'm not mentioning. Let's drop this measuring contest.

I don't think Stridor or IAE will help against the good-very good survivors on this forum that opt to run this combo, but it's certainly a fine opportunity to test it and prove otherwise.

• thefallenloserthefallenloser Member Posts: 1,234

Stridor, I'm All Ears

I'm a Rank 1 killer BTW.

• JasmineDragonJasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

so all the devs? There is not a single dev who plays even somewhat competently, full stop. The fact that they are responsible for balancing would be a joke, if it weren't so brutally unfunny

Sorry to tag you again, but if you are interested, let me know, and I will try to set it up.

You'd even have the assumed advantage, knowing that multiple survivors are using Lucky Break (I'd make it a stipulation that LB must be one of the perks selected). I still think that people would be more than up for it :)

• GladonosGladonos Member Posts: 392

Prove that Pop Goes the Weasel isn't OP you and 3 other killer mains will play as survivors against Otzdarva. If it isn't OP then you should win. :)

edited April 2021

Sure.

Set it up, although I'd imagine he'd think you are joking, given his opinion of the perk.

Your facetious reply would probably have served you better if you selected a streamer that thinks pop is unfair.

Feel free to leave some names here and I'll certainly discuss it with them.

I fail to see the correlation between your proposed scenario and me asking someone to showcase the claims they've made on a public forum to the users on said forum, but hey, at least your keyboard works and you tried to be condescending.

Yay.

He isn't gonna wanna join my dumb set up for the same reason the 4 bestest survivors on this forum don't give a crap to join your setup because it is stupid and a waste of time.

And really, you are that confident that you can win?

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,340
    edited April 2021

I play both sides at a high level and I think that its ok that they allow changes such as this to be tested on the ptb, its better to at least see the effects of changes such as this rather than throw them straight into the game or never make them at all.

Personally I like the idea of the change but do not fully support it in its current state but it does open the door for testing strong perk ideas / reworks on the ptb that can be tempered before hitting live to provide new perks to the meta or one step below meta

My ideal change to round out this perk to make it not overly synergize to remove all input from the killer is to add the effect increases grunts of pain by 50% while active, that way while it does synergize with iron will to make you quieter it doesn't make you completely silent and devoid of most tracking methods but leave the timer at a one time cumulative 90 seconds

edited April 2021

That's fantastic. Hopefully he accepts and then we can certainly prove that no one on this forum is willing to participate (hint - they are - people on this forum love playtesting and theory crafting).

Of course, I could be wrong, and that would be another easy claim to dismiss upon acceptance :)

Oh, I never said anything about winning or losing - I just want to see his universal counters in action. Ideally, I'd just be spectating killer, as I'm terrible at the game compared to some people that would help out, but once recorded, we could easily showcase these universal counters in action and put the issue to rest :)

Oh, you would only spectate? Maybe the guy you are responding to might also consider "maybe spectating"? :)

edited April 2021

I'd have no issue playing - Tossing them a free kill would probably help incentivize them.

I guess you take issue with people being asked to back up their claims, which they, in turn, enforce with 'just play the PTB?'

That's ok, though - you do you :3

Shame I'm asking them to play the PTB with me and show me/others what they're talking about, I guess?

Definitely. Come at me. I hope all 4 of you run lucky break so you’ll spend half the game healing. I can run my Oni and show how freaking useless it is against him. Or legion to make y’all run it out in 90 secs. Maybe plague or any catch up killer/one shot killer? You really didn’t think this through mate.

But I am down. The problem is I am a well above average killer so most of the noobies being scared of lucky break probably won’t be able to relate. So I’m not sure what this will prove.

But yeah I’m the ptb and a kyf with your legendary swf friends or whatever you WILL have to let lucky break run out. I can easily showcase how this perk is countered. I don’t have to, because anyone who’s played this game for a minute with some common sense know that all of this controversy is absolutely ridiculous. Entitled killer mains.

• slim0bslim0b Member Posts: 551

I swear I doubt the people saying "just run stridor" "I'm all ears exists lol" realize how stupid they sound.

As a killer you're dedicating your 4 perk slots to control the flow of the entire match, to account for all 4 survivors joining in. This is a 1v4 game.

If a survivor brings IW + LB he's just using up 2/16 (1/8) of his team's perk slots. Why combined team perk slots? Because I don't really care about every survivor I'm going against individually, I'm fighting THE WHOLE TEAM. As a killer I'm using 1/4 of my available perk slots.

Not to mention stridor just increases grunt volume, which means you could hear someone in pain nearby and they'll sound closer than they really are. It's REALLY difficult to account for that, and again, if you get used to stridor you'll ruin your base-kit tracking. And I'm all ears just has a cooldown.

TL;DR I shouldn't be forced to put in an extra perk to account for busted shi‎t you have, not to mention that I'm wasting more perk slots accounting for it than you are just putting it in your loadout.

Hold on while I gather my legendary SWF pals....by asking randoms if they're interested.

Come on man, I’m all ears and nurse’s calling are already meta on several killers. Besides the current survivor meta is build around countering the ways killers play. You having to bring nurse’s calling on wraith, how is that any different? This is a ridiculous counter argument, delete this.