Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How many characters have you unlocked with shards?

Personally I have bought all the characters because I usually just spend shards on the shrine and the occasional cosmetic.

I'm curious how many people are patient enough to save 9k shards for new characters. I think the most I ever saved was 6-7k then said "######### it."

Comments

• DerZuntorDerZuntor Member Posts: 288

Plague, Oni, Doctor and Hag

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,367

From what I recall I have bought Jeff, Adam, elodie, twins and gun Jin with shards.

I have bought a lot of cosmetics with shards though

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,310

Most of them. The thing is, i dont even know what else to do with the shards, i currently have a little more than 100k of them.

But i usually dont care about killer cosmetics, since you can´t the them yourself anyway, and the only interesting cosmetics for the survivors i play i either already got or are not availible with shards.

But i cant even give them away. I would like to be able to award some shards to killers and survivors after the game (only players you are not in an swf with together).

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 8,477
    edited April 2021

Only one I bought with shards was Spirit. Everyone else I spent their DLCs. I used shards one time in the shrine for bbq and have used many shards for cosmetics.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,098

Jane and Élodie

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,626

Man there are some patient gamers here! Much respect to you guys, I've always struggled with that.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 1,986

Feng, Jeff, Jane, Hag, Doctor, Clown, Spirit, Legion, Plague and Oni. I dont own but I have all Ace, Adam, Quentin, Steve, Nancy, Ash and Yui perks unlocked on the Shrine.

I dont plan on unlocking more Survivors with shards since they are skins and I dont plan on unlocking Twins, Ill get Deathslinger or Trickster once their Archive gets out OR I save 18k shards (I unlock wathever Killer gets the archive, Plague being next I unlocked her few days ago).

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,593

Everyone except Trickster, but that's because lately I've been taking breaks from the game so it's taking me long to reach 9k (but I'm almost there).

• burntFuseburntFuse Member Posts: 290

None. I consider buying chapters as my continued show of support for the game, and save my shards for buying cosmetics.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,520

4 - Clown, Kate, Adam and Spirit. Everyone else with real money. (Which is kinda a shame, because I would love to have the white Shirt on Kate, but I wont buy the Chapter just for that)

And nowadays I pretty much only buy Cosmetics with Shards or sometimes Perks in the Shrine, when I want to click some Bloodwebs.

• brublibrubli Member Posts: 209

all non licensed killers with the exception of plag. I also got a few survivors but I don't recall which

• zombitehdeathzombitehdeath Member Posts: 575

Blight, twins, trickster

Felix, elodie, yun-jin

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,315

Six so far

• TripleStealTripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Around 8-10, hard to find out the exact number.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,613

All of them. The only ones I haven’t bought with shards are the licensed ones that you are unable to.

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 1,433

just two the twins an Ellode. The only thing that helped me do that was all the shards we got throughout December.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,455

I started playing the game during the 2018 Hallowed Blight event. All the chapters were half off, so I ended up buying everything that had been released so far (which, at the time, was up through Spirit).

The first chapter that was released after I started playing was Legion. I was extremely disappointed in what he turned out to be, so I bought him and Jeff with shards. And I've bought every single original chapter since then with shards, too. I only spend money on the licensed chapters.

I've amassed a rather large amount of shards, I can purchase chapters the day they're released and never have to save up for anything, so it's no biggie.

• _NIGHTMARE__NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 692
    edited April 2021

Oni, Hag and Yui are the ones I've got with shards so far.

I intend to do this with all unlicensed chapters (because why not get them for free by saving up stuff? It's not like I really ever find something else to spend them on, so it works for me for the time being.)

Edit: Spirit as well. I forgot about that.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 9,562

All of them. Never spend shards on the shrine and rarely for cosmetics so I usually have enough once a chapter comes out and enough for a cheap recolored cosmetic for the surv.

• TicTacTicTac Member Posts: 2,168
    edited April 2021

All killer and all survivor except Kate, Jeff, Jane and Adam ( i got all their perks with the shrine)

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,044

Back when they introduced it, I bought Clown and Kate for shards for trying out. Then when Spirit came out I've decided to buy the chapter, just to support. But I changed my mind quickly with the broken Legion patch. Since then I'm getting every original chapter with shards and avid putting to much money into the game.

• RepostRiposteRepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

4 killers, 1 survivor

I used to buy them but now that I have more shards than I know what to do with I just buy all the new original killers.

• DemoFrogDemoFrog Member Posts: 193

Deathslinger, just Deathslinger.

• gatsbygatsby Member Posts: 2,330

Twins, Elodie, Blight, Yun-Jin, Deathslinger, Trickster, Oni, Jeff and Adam

• DistortedDreamDistortedDream Member Posts: 671

Legion and Yun-Jin.

• landromatlandromat Member Posts: 2,193

Jeff and Legion Because i had hiatus that time and didn't want to give bhvr money for their terrible game atm

Trickster and Li because chapter sucks

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

Zarina.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151

I believe that everyone I could have bought with shards, I have done so. I don't like spending more money on an already overpriced game. The standard should be $30-40, not 60.