Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How to deal against stridor spirit?

i know spirit is a broken killer but are there any tips to loop her while you're injured, especially in safe loops where she may or may not be phasing

Comments

• BabawizwizBabawizwiz Member Posts: 347

i usually do that but i'm also bad in looping a bad spirit, as long as she has stridor and im injured, i hv no strats

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,052

Yeah stridor spirit is basically doom unless there new, I've had games where it just seems unfair

so there really isnt a strat huh

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416

There's not much you can really do, as others have said. Just hope for the best, I guess.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,804

There's a few things that can help but like playing against spirit in general there's no guarantee any of it works.

Crouching reduces your noise which can fool spirits into thinking you are farther away.

Spirit's phase duration is limited so strong windows and pallets with enough distance from when she starts the phase will force her to stop phasing. Of course some addons make this much harder.

You can use ambient noise (like the barrels on fire on some maps or repaired gens) to help hide your own sounds.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,327

Just don't take chases, heal as if your life depends on it (it does), and use stealth more than brute forcing gens in the killers face

• AxeAxe Member Posts: 1,061

pray your team is good.

if no gens get done and they cant carry their own weight just let her kill you and go next. ignore the "you leave your behind in a 3v1 its not fair for them" bs. But if they are actually good, just try to push thru the game as much as possible.

jeez i barely try juking killers by crouching around fireplaces but ill give it shot. Might wanna try to not give her the first hit

• hikenhiken Member Posts: 891

u dont, is one oif the things that have no counter in this game. try avoid getting injured, a good option is using Spinechill.

• shadowman0105shadowman0105 Member Posts: 261

To add on to this.

stridor can be a double edged sword, while yes they can hear you through iron will if you didn’t bring it with you your groans will be louder then it would normally which could cause her to misread your position

(example let’s imagine my groan can be heard 5m away if stridor comes into play my groans goes up to 10m spirit phases but undershot and only came up short hence double edged sword)

stealth is always and at times crucial with every killer.

gen pressure is important as it will establish both safe zones to heal and the pace of the match.place gens to where she will need to phase to cover ground is always preferable rather then pushing gens without thought.

lastly have a fall back plan even if you play to the best of your ability the match can be decided despite your efforts by the actions of your teammates if things look bad (as in three injured at 3gens) then it’s time to find the hatch and go from there.

• odraodra Member Posts: 369
    1. pray the killer is noob
    2. pray the killer doesn't have good headphones
    3. pray the killer have pity on you

At this point no counter can be effective on her, if she's good then she can pinpoint exact location on you, the worst miss would only be like 1 meter which would easily able to counter by just approaching you again.

Bonus point if she has bbq + ruin maybe just suicide yourself

• MineguyMineguy Member Posts: 318

Iron will plus no mither. Your injured the whole round but even with stridor you make no sounds.

• BioXBioX Member Posts: 1,378

So that is half your build just on the off chance you come across a spirit?

• Cosmin262Cosmin262 Member Posts: 117

have a friend fast vault a window on the other side of the map

• Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Just ######### on hook. This is only way.

• MineguyMineguy Member Posts: 318

Nah it's also so a lot of fun with resilience and spine chill

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 1,350

Easy, let her down you and then ######### on first hook.

Enter next game!

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,524
  • AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 1,398

Be as unpredictable as you can : continue looping then on an other chase just hold W and crouch, then run to her, etc.

Similar to playing against a Nurse but most important : stays out of grass as much as you can, as she can see it move when phasing.

• tomas11403tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

For this first part you talk about, you cam actually tell when she begins phasing. It's a little difficult to tell at first, but once you get it down it's reliable. Basically Spirit has several animations which go in a loop, and they flow together fairly smoothly. However, when she begins phasing, this cycle will reset, and her body will shift back to the position at the start of the cycle. It can seem hard to differentiate at first, but it is fairly clear as this movement is unnatural, and will happen pretty suddenly. With practice, however, this allows you to reliably tell when the Spirit is phasing.

Obviously knowing when she is phasing will only do so much, but at the very least you'll be able to tell when not when to vault into her.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,740

Pray

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,844
    edited April 2021

Most tactics don’t work against good Spirits.

Sometimes doing dumb moves work (for some reason) like for instance, one time I went against a Spirit where I saw a tile with a pallet and I faked the pallet drop by placing my character not inside the pallet but on the other side of the wall that connected to it. So in her mind she thought I was one of those survivors who waits at pallets and she swung, because she could “hear” me in there, but I wasn’t even there anymore by the time she swung. 😂

• TrickstaaaaaTrickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256

Honestly spine chill is pretty much the only way to counter her stridor. Since you know if she is on you.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,907

Some one in my chat came up with this sage advice:

"You ######### yourself and pray hard she somehow slips in it."

• Harold_ShipmanHarold_Shipman Member Posts: 733

gen rush and hope she's #########. The good thing about spirit is because she's so busted she attracts a lot of crap killers who have had a bad time on other killers and want some easy wins; and fortunately, unlike pre nerf freddy, if you're crap as spirit you'll still probably lose.