Home Technical Issues
We're currently investigating an issue impacting rank resets on all platforms. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more info!

No network connection

smellwellsmellwell Member Posts: 7

Been getting this error for a while, normally at least once each session I play. I always immediately check my internet and its fine. normally it's at the end of the match when i either die, escape or get the last kill. sometimes it's mid-match though, but not as often. causes a matchmaking ban and loss of bp from the round. been going on long enough i figure behavior owes me at least 1 mil in lost bp lol. I have 3 PC's and this happens across all of them using the same steam account.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 6,398

I know the team is looking into this issue atm and wanted log files. So thanks for posting yours. I'll get it passed on :)

• Tysonstarr1Tysonstarr1 Member Posts: 5

im having the same issue

Thank you. Will get that passed on as well. Hopefully all this info will help.

• smellwellsmellwell Member Posts: 7

I can see this wasn't addressed in the patch today as i just got a MM ban again for a DC i didn't do. My internet is fine, just like everyone else who comes here to post the same. They really should remove the MM ban while they work this out.

I'll ask and see if there's any update on it. No promises though.

• erementargerad17erementargerad17 Member Posts: 5

It is the same old story. Nothing really changes. I have a 24 hour ban because of your freaking crash, bug or error. I can play any game regularly. It is always dbd that has issues. And what do mods and developers do in regards to this? Just shifting the blame at the players' internet. Updates and patches are useless. This is the only game that gets patches almost every week, but they can't fix anything. It is a let down.

• Tysonstarr1Tysonstarr1 Member Posts: 5

ok, not wanting to sound pissy or anything, but im still having this issue. Im really wanting to play through this tome but im lucky if i can even have one game that doesnt do this. i tried reinstalling dbd, Ive waited for other updates. i just dont know what to do about this. Ive spent a LOT of cash on this game. I have 1566 hr Ive sunk into dbd (at the time or writing this) Ive been playing from basically the beginning of when this game launched (off and on). Ive seen this game when it gets ugly, Ive seen this game when its beautiful. Dbd offers something that no other game does. ive been looking around and im seeing a lot of other people posting saying the same thing. As a mod I know you cant do anything about it, but please can we get some kind of acknowledgment from the devs or something. I know what this game has to offer and i truly love dbd.

Thank you for reading, and i hope this issue can be resolved quickly. One who believes in this game, Tysonstarr1

• CakefromtheSkyCakefromtheSky Member Posts: 2

I just got banned from matchmaking as killer for a DC that I didn't do. First ban ever. I was putting heavy pressure on the survivors and I was DCd with the network connection message despite having wired internet and no issue (and could instantly reconnect - except couldn't play due to ban). It's hard not to be upset on this - when you're really winning and then this happens it's hard not to think that the survivors cause it somehow. Both times are when I'm doing well.

• gvlfblvdgvlfblvd Member Posts: 1

I am currently having the same problem. Have been disconnected 3 matches straight mid-game as survivor. It's something on DBD's end, because my internet is fine- I have full access to everything outside of the game. I work 6 days a week and get almost zero time to have an actual life; it's very frustrating to sit down and try to play your favorite game/get some progress in the rift and have this happen when you've got very limited free time. Getting the 10-15 minute matchmaking lockout only exacerbates the problem. Very, very disappointed Behaviour. Please look into this- I reeeeally would like to play your game.

^ it definitely is. The last I heard is there is absolutely some kind of issue that's causing this, but I still haven't had an update on what's going on. I was hoping 4.7.0 would fix it, but it would seem not.