Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Iron will and lucky break... Killer is going to be unplayable for good.

2»

Comments

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,044

So Lucky break is good for the game, because it limits Killer's options for playstyle, if it becomes meta? Especially when focusing on direct chases is the preferred way to play for most people.

The big question isn't if Lucky Break will be dealable, but if it will make the game more frustrating or fun. I personally will just play less killer, if it stays the way it was during PTB, because I want to have a choice, if I want to go straightforward or hit and run.

• thefallenloserthefallenloser Member Posts: 1,223

It is literally impossible for games to last 90 seconds even if the killer is doing absolutely nothing.

Seek help.

• crowbarmancrowbarman Member Posts: 462

90 seconds is long enough to lose 3 gens at start, which is near the end of the game. A good SWF team will split up and this is what you'll get.

I do agree that if you dont have a hook in the first 90 seconds as a Killer, you have a high probability of losing. The exception, as noted above, might be if you get several injured hits on the survivors and some pallet breaks. But if you chase a survivor for 60 at the start and they disappear with just one hit to show, then yeah, not good.

• GeneratorGenerator Member Posts: 35

Imagine, Iron will, Lucky break, Distortion, and Quick & Quiet lmao

• Drixpy_JayyyDrixpy_Jayyy Member Posts: 181

@thefallenloser its just an exaggeration not a true fact I know its impossible

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,624

Plague will do fine. Survivors will waste them perks. And Wraith with all seeing also using Starstruck and Agitation yeah that Lucky + Iron Will won't help you that much.

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Yes great game plan bud and good point. I will point out tho that not every killer in there arsenal has these types of add-ons tho. See the current meta at least at least at top rank is too split and do gens then maybe later you might see 2 on one gen. So at beginning there is a very small window to get that first down already. Nonetheless I still don't mind using every killer on the roster at my rank now I feel if/when new LB comes out, along with forever safe unhooks (New BT), and new object (have not seen yet so unclear) that I might/probably will have to unleash my top 3 all the time and that just idk don't sound fun.

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,000

I didn't say it was good for the game. I said essentially that it isn't going to be the death knell for Killers that so many people are saying that it is.

Whether it is good for the game or not is heavily dependent on whether you personally want the game to more closely resemble the irl games of Freeze Tag or Hide and Seek. Neither game is unfun, neither way to go is strictly wrong... but people are going to have their own opinions. I personally am probably not going to mind the change if the meta does shift. However, you're not wrong for preferring the game to stay resembling Freeze Tag.

Besides... there are perks and add ons to allow the Killer to potentially keep things more direct if that's what they want... and... honestly there will be less speed bumps to playing that way if Lucky Break becomes meta because there will be less DS, UB, DH, and BT in play. Much like right now half the reason why hit and run kinda works despite not being meta is because almost nobody brings healing perks to counter it.

Seriously... just throw on Stridor, or Spies, or I'm All Ears, or whatever mid chase tracking perk you'd like and BBQ + Pop will probably still function.