Home Technical Issues
We're currently investigating an issue impacting rank resets on all platforms. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more info!

Game crashes whole PC after the first match.

cyphergkggcyphergkgg Member Posts: 5

Hey guys.

So, I used to play a lot of DBD 2-3 years ago, never had any issue with the game itself. Recently I decided to download it again and play with my friends, however, after my first match DBD crashes my whole PC.

I even tried to close the game after the first match and then trying to join a new game, but it keeps crashing my whole PC. I play with my friends, the curios thing is: the killer also crashes/dc from the match (giving my friends a insta win).

I tried to search on the web about this issue, but didn't find much info about it.

Have anyone here faced a similar issue?

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 6,398

Is it doing a full shut down or just crashing to desktop?

• cyphergkggcyphergkgg Member Posts: 5

A full shutdown. My screen goes black, I can still talk with my friend through discord for a bit. Only shutting my PC down through the button works.

That COULD be power related. What PSU do you have, how old and what GPU?

My PSU is 750W, about ~5 years old, I also got a RX 580. Only with DBD I'm having issue. I can play Apex, Warzone, WOW, Overwatch, Devour, Second Extinction, GTA V, RDR2 just fine.

It still could be power. Other games working is, sadly, not a good indicator of it NOT being an issue (based on personal experience). But since you have an RX 580, it could also be the AMD issue that plagued the game a while back.

Folks got around that by using the radeon software to lower core/memory speed (by like 50 core/100 mem), but ONLY do that if you 100% know what you're doing.

Oof. I'll try to update my gpu then.

Thanks for the help.

I'd try the speed thing first because getting a GPU is a complete nightmare right now. Don't want you paying out stupid amounts of cash for the issue to persist.

Also if you can borrow a PSU from somewhere for testing, that'd be a good idea.

I fixed the issue, dont know why but compatibility mode was set for windows 8. Turning it off fixed the issue, lol.

Now I can happily enjoy this marvelous game once more.