Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I am loving the new struggle system.

2»

Comments

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,989

The new system works much better. Skill checks are fairly frequent and it prevents the hook suicides from happening earlier which at least buys those who want to play the game without throwing a hissy fit some extra time to get things done.

Hook suicides are purely selfish and can ruin it for others, so I'm glad the change benefits people who want to play, rather than those who just want to throw a fit. Personally, I would not have the option of dying earlier by not having an input, but instead have a slightly larger penalty for missed skill checks. It may encourage those who want to suicide to play on - maybe even survive and escape!

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,484

I'm so happy with this change. ❤️

I play on PC with controller, and my old method was that I had to drop my controller and start scrolling the mouse wheel because that was the best way to guarantee I didn't accidentally die, but it also hurt my wrist. This is so much better.

• SeanzuSeanzu Member Posts: 7,196

Is there any chance, due to having to now wait for two skill checks that the death sequence could be slightly sped up to compensate? As it stands if the killer knows where hatch is, and so does the survivor, the killer will always make it there due to the survivor not being able to insta die and also having to wait the (roughly 7 seconds?) for the death animation to happen.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 20,531

I'm pretty sure the point of the change wasn't to address hook suiciidng but to prevent people with serious wrist injuries from making it worse (hey) by playing their game. Some people physically couldn't play survivor due to this mechanic.

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I know but since they changed it they might as well have resolved the suicide issue at the same time, you know?

• MandyMandy Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 19,332
  • GladonosGladonos Member Posts: 392

So I gave negativity earlier.

And I want to say the hook change is amazing! I have problems in my fingers that prevent me from performing repetitive motions and now it feels nice and yet still interactive. Noobs also get help with their skillchecks! Great all around change.

...But... I still want my Bloodpoints back. 😉

• PureDoctorMainPureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

It feels really good to play with normally when I play with my friends I stay rather quite while on second hook since i wanna hit the A button enough to just wait it out and even then sometimes it didn't even register and I died from it but this, this is nice I can relax and its not hurting my wrist to press the button too fast. Overall good change good job.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,913

Definitely agree.

i don’t wanna go back to button mashing. Ever.

but the bloodpoints shouldn’t be missing as they are Survival points, which are already hard to get (except for the 5K that you only get when escaping)

• NVerdeNVerde Member Posts: 264

I honestly feel like there should be a 'Block being unhooked' button because I get so fed up of being unhooked right in a Killer's face (only exception to this is if I am literally about to die but it's usually done when there is PLENTY of time left on the meter). It's incredibly frustrating to have been hooked, get unhooked in their face and then insta-downed and it's so unnecessary 99.9% of the time, but it's entirely outside of your control and I hate that.

If the survivor who did it is also on Xbox I usually send them a message afterwards along the lines of "Please don't unhook people in the killer's face in future" and if I get any response at all it's usually abusive or something like "I'll do what I want."

Don't understand the mentality of survivors who actively do detrimental things to their teammates.

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,509

I hate spamming space too, sometimes i spam and i still dies on hook, same with my friends

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,907

The skillchecks should just give 100bp each and a fixed number of 10 should appear. Also they should give more passive bp like boldness points when the killer is in camping distance during all hook stages.

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,907
    edited May 2021

I made a perk proposal in the past "Not like this" when a survivor tries to unhook you, you can resist and kick the survivor. That in itself is sadly abusable to grief survivor going for a normal save unhook. So maybe they should make it like the overhauled bt and killer proximity based. If the killer is in x distance you can resist the unhook attempt to not notify the killer. And make it Basekit, perk based solutions are not the final answer.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

ikr. i always get a finger cramp if i play dbd for like 2 hours. this is definitely one of the better changes

• WexlerWendigoWexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

There should honestly be more ways to get survival points. I’d like if opening chests counted for survival, rather than objectives which is already an easy category to get Max in.

• Lochnload_exeLochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,332

Yeah honestly this change is really welcome, there has been times where I have had a slight latency spike or something for a second and it kills me. This skillcheck on the hook is so much better.

• MichealMicheal Member Posts: 288

Hell ya no more killing there salfs on hook. Now make more mettle of man plays.🥳🥳🥳

• JimboMasonJimboMason Member Posts: 758

Agreed! This new struggle system along with new coldwind are my favorite changes.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 4,300

Many thanks to the developers for including this change, it's such a better alternative!

My scroll wheel will live to scroll another day.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,680

I'm glad that the change was made, but bloodpoints for struggle state would still be nice.

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,278

I'm really grateful for the change, but there's one little nitpick: there's no survival points for holding on, so that still needs to be fixed.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296

Same. Often Id die early by accident because the game didn't register me mashing my spacebar.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 2,688

Yup, ahhh it's so relaxing to me now. Not a fear in the world, not a bit of intensity.

This needs to be optional, it's fantastic for people with problems or those who didn't realize there's no need to mash a button out of existence to survive. I prefer the mash, please make this an option.

• FantasyFantasy Member Posts: 430
  • hikenhiken Member Posts: 890
    edited May 2021

i dont really sometimes i want to leave early to let a teammate escape or something and i cant. or i get just very bored of the game and i may get saved to increase my level of boredom.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,884

So one thing I've noticed that I don't like is that it's much more difficult to time out being able to go for a save during struggle because if the survivor misses a skill check it drops way more. You think you'll make it but you don't because they missed a couple skill checks making the timer drop quickly. It's a bummer.