Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Resident evil 8 will join the game and not a older title, here is why

2»

Comments

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,310

Except by the time the chapter drops, re8 will have been out a month.

• RenDesuneRenDesune Member Posts: 246

They're cool but I don't know how well they fit dbd. Rocket launchers are just so off putting for a horror survival game.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,911

If they go for RE8 that'll be pretty disappointing tbh

• QwQwQwQw Member Posts: 4,523

I'd actually prefer if the killer was from RE8/RE7 and the survivors were from the og RE games.

• DeadHardManDeadHardMan Member Posts: 318

Let me just say this...

IF they're gonna only release only one Killer, Nemesis and Mr. X are the most plausible choices.

BUT if they're doing TWO Killers, Lady Dimitrescu could definitely be the second choice.

• TheDarkTyrantTheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,075

It makes no sense to bring a newer RE character into DBD. It would be a missed opportunity and some say for marketing but why does a game that's been out for a month already need marketing? This is also the 25th anniversary collabing with DBD. Not just any RE collaboration.

• IWasLeft2DieIWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,004

Also,

Regardless of the success of the current game it just is true that old re games are some of the most popular ones (1-4) and culturally relevant.

I'm sure RE8 will be really good but it would be risky for capcom and bhvr to put their money on a game that hasn't released yet.

• RumaRuma Member Posts: 2,072

Nothing against Resident Evil, i played every game so far but why should Resident Evil 8 be the biggest succes?

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

all i care about is the chapter being re related. they can give us big tiddy vampire lady for all i care

• PirscherPirscher Member Posts: 573

The devs already said in streams they are big fans of these earlier horror games..

They were teens/in 20s playing them back then.. so i think the chapter will be based on the classic games. So yeah

edited May 2021

Id be cautious on assuming this will be the best. A lot of people were expecting re6 would be the best game they released for very similar reasons (included well liked characters, popular mechanics used in previous games, etc) as why people are excited for re8 and we all know how re6 was received:/

I'm inclined to think re8 will be good but I'd temper my expectations slightly

• AnaraAnara Member Posts: 1,287

I understand but Mister X and Nemesis are more iconic.

• NephilimDiosaNephilimDiosa Member Posts: 15

not in comparison to another female killer, to me :P just stating my opinion

• CountVampyrCountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited May 2021

I’ve been playing Resident Evil since it was new (well… 1997) and have played everything since. None of them have topped RE2 so I would be a bit surprised if they used a killer from any of the others, much less from the most recent game that hasn’t gained a reputation yet.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

You could be correct since re8 includes a meg scream from the first dbd trailer, and the 5 on the new anniversary logo looks like a scythe

• DigwiidDigwiid Member Posts: 307

The absolute delusion people have that it'll be a RE8 related RE chapter is just mind boggling to the point that it's driving me mad that people have the audacity to even remotely THINK it's Lady D or any of her literal throwaway 15 minutes of fame sub bosses. There's not a single doubt in my mind that people who LEGIT think it's anything from 7 or 8 are either VERY new to the series and are following a fad because zoowie mama big booba or are just not on the same page with how licensed killers work and how we've received material correlating to the legacy of that particular dlc.

I will aggressively die on this hill shouting "It's not Lady D, It's not RE 8 and it most certainly won't be one of bananafly sisters."

The scream could very well just be a stock sound effect for all we know, I don't remember RE directly referencing another game like that ever, so this is getting chalked up as a coincidence more so than a reference. And again, if you'd play the game there'd be a good reason why you hear "Female scream 1" in the castle.

I'm just going to stop looking at any thread mentions of RE chapter until the actual reveal stream is out, just so i can crawl back up from the depths of my cave to bump a thread and scream I TOLD YOU SO from the bottom of my lungs and feel slightly superior for a fleeting moment.

Thank you.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Lmao I just stated a fact buddy, relax. I'm not a big re fan after all. I just made an observation

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,704

Ust sitting here smirking about the discussion that happened when PH dropped.

The stylized 5 this time could be bait after the trianglehead 4.... or not? Dun dun duuuun.

• KirkyladKirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

If they want to bring in long term resident evil fans then a killer from the new game would be very disappointing tbh. They need nemesis or Mr X, or just someone nostalgic that's iconic resident evil when you think back over the years of playing the game.

• trashgirltrashgirl Member Posts: 28

The trend is to go for more iconic killers. RE8 hasn't really gotten the chance to do that yet

• AnaraAnara Member Posts: 1,287

She cant be already an icon, she needs more time. One day im sure she will be a RE icon, but she is not already.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,747

I hope it's not lady D.

Outside of the meme's she's really nothing special. Would rather have one of the other lords then

And the duke as survivor. Pls i need this

• Asssblasster625Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

how would he even vault?

lady d was kinda weak if anything I hope the put Heisenberg in.

One of the issues with Re8 killers is that both Lady D and Heisenberg have so much of what makes them unique are their personalities which wouldn't be the case if they came to DBD. Id love for Heisenberg especially but if he didn't talk or carry his usual swagger it would kinda feel like a weak representation of him. Lady D has some other issues plenty of people have talked about as well.

My money is on older content since they were remade not that long ago and have a lot less practical issues than Re7 or RE8 killers