Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Spirit Counters?

I would like to know at least one counter to spirit, the one I only know is ‘Iron Will’ but I keep facing try hard Stridor spirits. Tell me please what counters are there, because I am trying everything possible to counter her but none of them work.

Comments

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,848

Uh, there's hoping the Spirit is bad or makes a single mistake?

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,978

Play Jeff and confuse her with how loud your grunts are

• RiskyKaraRiskyKara Member Posts: 660

Yeah fight against me when I'm spirit. I promise you you'll probably make a god damn fool out of me.

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 9,274

Just walk unpredictability and hope the Spirit player is incompetent. You can drop pallets on one side and hope it’s correct as it’s just a blind guess. Spirit really has no reliable counters.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,487

Why is it try hard to use a perk to cover her biggest weakness? But best counter to any killer is stealth. Might not be a favored play style but not using an effective tool puts you at a disadvantage.

• StibbityStabbityStibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,643

There are soft counters, such as trying to trick them at windows and pallets, but nothing concrete. You're flipping a coin.

• DbD_EnjoyerDbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 457
  • CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,805

Most maps have areas of ambient sound that can help cover up your own sounds. Repaired gens can also do this. On top of that crouching also reduces the noise you make as well. Spirit is largely reliant on sounds to track so making it so that she struggles to hear you over the sounds of the environment can help you lose her.

Besides that, her phase duration is limited (5 seconds at base). This means safe windows and safe vaults with enough distance will prevent the spirit from reaching you since she can't go through walls. Duration and Speed addons however can still threaten to reach you and there's no good way to tell if she's running them during the match.

• lagostalagosta Member Posts: 1,682

A good spirit? you can't. If she didn't pinpoint your location based on sound/visual clues it was her mistake, not your prowess.

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 4,436
    edited May 2021

Do you have a source for crouching reducing the noise you make? And since there are many noises survivors make, could you please clarify if your source does not (i.e. groans of pain volume, how frequent they are, etc.)?

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

play ace or tapp with iron will. even with stridor theyre almost completely silent.

OR

if you want a direct counter: iron will and no mither. i know this is a terrible counter but its the most you can do

• SoapNSpookSoapNSpook Member Posts: 151

There are none.

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

No Mither + Iron Will + Fixated.

She phases? Walk.

Its very satisfying confusing a Spirit by not being where she thinks you’ll be when she reappears, and can’t be sure where you went.

Fourth perk can be Urban Evasion, Lightweight, Dead Hard, or Calm Spirit.