Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Solo queue tips?

ShamelessPigMainShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,843
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I've just picked up my solo queue adventures again and I can't say I'm happy I came back. It's still very much a I-ran-the-killer-for-4-minutes-please-get-out-of-the-corner-of-the-map-and-do-something-productive type of situation. Any tips? Should I really consider bringing left behind?

Comments

• apathyincapathyinc Member Posts: 373

I find solo queue is easiest when you are flexible with what you are doing. Use aura reading perks, Kindred, Bond, Blood Pact, Better Together, whatever, to see what your teammates are doing and fill in the gaps. Nobody doing gens, do gens. Nobody going for hooks, go for hooks. Everybody on gens, haha just kidding, that doesn't happen.

• ProfGameAndTalkProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326

When I solo queue and teammates are potatoes I'll intentionally run the killer over to a teammate. That and slow down in front of the teammate who is behind me so the killer can get them. Hilarity for hours!!

• tenoresaxtenoresax Member Posts: 685

Information is your best friend in solo queue

I find the best solo queue build to be Kindred (obviously) and Windows of Opportunity (know whether or not your teammates have dropped the pallet that you're running to already so you don't walk into a deathtrap) plus Open-Handed, the added 16m aura reading makes a big difference

4th perk slot is up to you, usually an exhaustion perk

• TheOwlTheOwl Member Posts: 166

When playing in solo queue, it is best to go in with the expectation that you will not survive the match and do whatever you can to pip before the game ends. Versus SWF groups where some players may have specific roles, a solo player needs to do a little of everything. Try to get some saves, work on generators, and run the killer for a bit. Additionally, don't be afraid of dying to the killer as it will only cause frequent frustration if you are.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend bringing left behind. Exiting via the hatch is very situational unless you have a key, and depending on which rank you are at, the killer will more than likely slug the third person to prevent the hatch escape. Kindred is an invaluable perk as a solo survivor and should always be a part of your loadout. In addition to this, I would recommend an exhaustion perk and decisive strike to help keep you alive, as unsafe saves happen reasonably frequently in solo queues (even when you have kindred). 

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

try perks like a aftercare or bond. they will tell you what your teammates are doing.

but my best tip is:

dodge lobbies with players that have default cosmetics, i know that cosmetics dont necessarily mean skill but you generally shouldnt expect much from a default meg or claudette.

tip 2: dont use self care, seriously this perk screws your team over so hard. the heal takes 32 seconds which means you wasted half a gen. even worse if the killer has nurses calling or sloppy butcher. as a new player you'll be loving self care and trust me when i say i couldnt stop using this perk for 50 hours.

tip 3: git gud. i know this isnt a straight forward tip but try watching ussylis videos and observe what they are doing. for example, how to mindgame a loop, what to do in certain situations and so on.

tip 4: while in a chase, dont lead the killer to gens that are being worked on. i know its tempting to lose the killer and make someone else take agro but youve got to know that youre only harming your team. the best way to avoid those situations is with perks like bond.

tip 5: dont always use the meta perks. perks like dead hard or sprint burst make you depend on them too much. try good perks that help your team like we'll make it or detectives hunch for finding hexes.

tip 6: play different characters and change up cosmetics. playing with the same character and the same perks will eventually lead to a burnout which will make you perform a million times worse. try playing different characters.

tip 7: dont waste good pallet loops. dont camp pallets like shack pallet, cow tree pallet, and many more long loops. you wasting those resources early on in the game will come back to bite your team in the ass later. seriously, theres been so many times where every pallet on the map is gone because a teammate didnt use them properly.

A lot of the time playing good can only take you so far because of bad teammates but these are my tips on how to perform better in solo queue.

• KirkyladKirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Just keep trying your best and eventually you'll get to a rank where they at least don't just crouch in a corner. Purple ranks and above are usually best for at least okay teammates .... most of the time lol.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,702

Re: tip 1, don't dodge lobbies. Queue times are long and cosmetics don't say anything about a player's skill. Just play the game and have fun.

Re: tip 2, 32 seconds for 1 teammate is no less efficient than 16 seconds for 2 teammates, assuming the killer doesn't interrupt you in the second half of the heal. This is especially true if those 2 teammates hop on a gen right after because of the coop penalty; you actually save time if one uses Self Care while the other hops on a gen. Self Care is a fine perk. People just misuse it by running to the corner of the map to heal every time they get injured.

Re: tip 4, I don't think anyone does this on purpose unless they have a very good reason (i.e. they're on death hook and their teammates haven't been hooked twice). In solo queue it's often just hard to know where teammates are. Bringing Bond is a fair tip, but it can't be assumed a player even has it and they might want to branch out and try other builds. It pays to just be vigilant when you're on a gen.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 5,691

So you you're admitting to sandbagging team mates on purpose? kinda odd....

• ProfGameAndTalkProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326

Not odd at all. You can get frustrated at people not progressing the game or you can make it fun. I choose to make it fun.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2021

self care is a great perk, its just that it gets mis used a lot. helps when your teammate didnt finish your heal and youre 99d or you have a lot of time to self care. queue times are pretty much instant in the morning. i know, cosmetics equal skill but come on, EVERY default claudette is a blendette.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,702

Lol I kind of want to reset all of my skins to default now just to surprise people