Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

My suggested changes for a bloodweb revamp

TauNkosiTauNkosi Member Posts: 282
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I prestiged my claudette and I had two possible perk builds in mind for her. Needless to say, due to the sheer amount of perks I have unlocked, I wasn't able to get a SINGLE one I wanted for said builds and have no plans to keep spending BPs on her, seeing she's already way past 50. So I'm forced to use a healing build, a build I do not want to use. This happens way to often and honestly, the blood web needs a major revamp. Here are my suggestions.

1. Reduce the price of everything by 1000 BPs.

This will help reduce grind and save you a little extra BPs for other purchases. Need I say more?

2. Perks you don't pick up in one bloodweb do not show up immediately after.

Dear game, if I really wanted no mither, I would of picked it up 3 bloodweb ago. I'm only picking it up now because you're forcing me to and it's the perk you decided to not consume.

Seriously, a perk you don't immediately pick up should NOT appear in the bloodweb for a long while. We should be getting different options every bloodweb in order to get the perks we actually want faster.

3. More perks appear the higher you level up.

I am aware this already happens, it takes too long and happens far too late into the bloodweb. You get like, 2 perk options until you reach 25 then you'll get 3 options until you reach 45 until you finally get 4 every bloodweb after.

Here's my suggestion:

Levels 1-15: two perk options every Bloodweb.

Levels 15-35: Three options every Bloodweb.

Levels 35-50+: Four options every Bloodweb.

What do y'all think? I feel this would reduce the grind a lot and make leveling up a less miserable experience.

Post edited by TauNkosi on

Comments

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,374

Bloodweb needs a change, its getting out of hand with so many perks out there. Needless to say, most of them are either trash or you don't want them on the character you leveling up.

Remove perk tiers so every perk you buy, will be tier 3 already.

Or at least make items in bloodweb cheaper like you suggested

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,872

I'm not sure what I think about this. I like the "Reduce the price of everything by 1000 BPs" part.

But what do you mean by "Perks you don't pick up in one bloodweb do not show up in future ones"? So a perk will never show up again in the future if you don't pick it up?

And also, "More perks appear the higher you level up". That's kind of how it works already. More perks will show op the higher lever your characters are.

• JudyIscariotJudyIscariot Member Posts: 64

Otzdarva had an interesting suggestion that I liked which would solve a lot of headaches: If you get a teachable perk unlocked, it's unlocked on the rest of your characters at level 1.

• ReinamiReinami Member Posts: 2,458

These types of suggestions don't solve the problem permanently though. They only solve it for now, but as more chapters get released, and we get more and more perks added. The grind will still get longer and longer.

What they need to do, is create a system that lets you pick the things that you want, that way you can get working builds for your characters whenever you want rather than having to wait for RNG to hit. And then, if you are missing a perk you want, just grab it.

• TauNkosiTauNkosi Member Posts: 282

For number 2, I mean like, immediately after. So many times does a perk I don't want keep appearing until I'm eventually forced to grab it. It can and will definitely appear again later down the line but it shouldn't appear for a while if you choose to ignore it.

• JudyIscariotJudyIscariot Member Posts: 64

I don't know how having level 1 doesn't give you at least a starting point. Believe me, I'm 100% with you on reducing the grind but even having level one on a lot of perks is significantly better than not having anything. It hasn't seemed like the devs have had a major appetite for reducing the grind, but hopefully they do something because it does absolutely get worse with time at a pretty major rate. I can't remember where I saw the calculations but every character added to the game is literally millions of BP to grind. I didn't start until late last year so it's a pretty huge mountain to climb.

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) an anniversary event, but events are really only a bandaid.

• ReinamiReinami Member Posts: 2,458

Because many perks aren't good until level 3, or the level is vastly superior to the others to the point where it doesn't even make sense to use the perk. Like, Iron Will for example, basically does nothing until you get it to level 3