Good job on the spam filter!

OrionOrion Member Posts: 6,573

I've only noticed a couple spam threads getting through from time to time, but everything else seems unaffected. So, good job @not_Queen and everyone else who takes care of the filter.

Comments

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 5,985

Yeah it's been good but I had a good laugh since right after you posted this a bunch of spam threads appeared.

Oh and one of our resident forum trolls upvoted one of them.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 6,573

@powerbats said:
    Yeah it's been good but I had a good laugh since right after you posted this a bunch of spam threads appeared.

Oh and one of our resident forum trolls upvoted one of them.

It's a WIP. I just wanted to compliment them on the noticeable improvement.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 1,866

Orion jinxed it, there was none when I checked and then they appeared after you posted! #blameOrion! (kidding in case anyone takes this seriously).

It is still WIP, but it does seem to be getting better.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 1,618

I use to enjoy trying to comment on all the spam that came in...
    Please we need you #blameOrion!

• not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 651

Thanks for the feedback! The moderator / CM team has been testing and modifying settings on the filter to try to get a better net on these pesky spammers. Seems like everything was great until you jinxed it ;)
    Now, I am all for the #orionjinx hashtag. ;)

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 5,985

@not_Queen

I do agree that it's definitely been better but a few questions have been bothering me though.

1. Why not block the foreign spam character on the English forums since that'd stop it right there, especially if certain keywords were added that they like to use?

2. I know new accounts get flagged for posting limits but why not have a filter that blocks accounts from posting the exact same thing text wise? That way they can't post the exact same thing across multiple forums.

3. Why not have a feature like League of Legends has where you can simply right click a forum post to flag it and report it? They did that to take care of the forum spammers there and it worked quite well since it's page view they're after.

If people open it to report it they get what they want which is view per post and it's how they get paid as well. By being able to simply right click and flag it you deprive them of views and the post gets hidden from view untila mod reviews it.

For posts incorrectly flagged they get put back and for the correctly flagged ones they get deleted and the account banned. You give them the hint pretty quickly once it happens enough to the point they go someplace else.

Now to prevent abuse League had a reports filter that false reports of those types would steadily get ignored to the point that trolls could flag forum posts all they'd want but it'd be discarded immediately. It's sort of a trust rating on the report side and the ones abusing it would get a forum ban of various durations up to a perma.

(This one I was told was a good idea before I extrapolated on it but haven't heard anything since.)

1. Last but not least new moderators to help allow the mods and acms to come out of the forum nether regions.

2. Someway to get this melody out of my head while playing, cooking food etc. Meow meow meow meow meow. 😁

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 6,573

Well, that didn't last long.
    @not_Queen If I may, it might be time for more drastic measures. Look, our spam bot "friends" are the only ones using Chinese characters. If you just hold all comments containing Chinese characters for moderation, it'll be fixed (until if and when Chinese players actually join the forum).