Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Can NOED please get a nerf

fr0sty1223fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 305
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

At the very least make it spawn like a normal hex so you don’t have to cleanse every totem in order to get rid of it before egc. Just played a game against a bubba who was actually terrible with the killer, he was a rank 20 and I was able to loop him for 3 gens because he refused to give up the chase and when we finally got all the gens done he gets a completely undeserved 3 k because NOED exists. Before you guys say to do bones we did 4 totems but the 5th was so hidden and we can’t just ignore gens all game to only do the totems so he still got it. This perk needs to be changed.

Comments

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,978

I think this is more a problem with solo info as opposed to noed

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,245
    edited May 2021

Dude...small game just got buffed...literally ive denied like 15 noeds in the past....20 games ive played? Funny enough knowing that you got all of the totems is very helpful. Once i see that counter go to 5 im like "that's a huge weight off my shoulder". So id suggest yad give it a try. And also the killers reaction to smacking you to realize noed never activated is halarious.

• Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,711
    edited May 2021

Bones before gens.

The hatch spawns regardless of how many gens were finished; they are optional objectives.

All 5 totems, however, must be cleansed or else the killer gets NOED even if a single gen wasn't done (anti-gen-rush perk, my behind), because NOED procs from closing the hatch for some Entity-forsaken oversight.

• Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,711
    edited May 2021

They should be thinking “we need to get out now because the killer doesn’t deserve anymore points.”

• GrimzyGrimzy Member Posts: 218

i think noed is fine, all that it needs is to immediately activate upon last gen completion and not waiting for a hit.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

you know for sure that its highly unrealistic to expect all 5 totems to be cleansed. youre not even gonna make it to the end game if you play like that. thats like a minute of only cleansing totems and going for saves or doing generators. not to mention how long it takes to find all of the totems and get to them. small game isnt really meant to prevent noed, its there to get rid of mid game hexes. also 15 out of 20 games have noed? i have like 2 noeds in 15 games.

• fr0sty1223fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 305

I was trying to get out but bubba was camping both exits since they spawned like 5 feet away from each other so there was 0 chance of me escaping.

First off I shouldn’t need a perk to see how many totem are left, that should just be a counter that is always there. Secondly there is no room for small game or detectives in my build. I have a specific build I go for my specific play style and small game/detectives don’t give me enough to warrant replacing one of my perks. I run perk to change my playstyle to have more fun with the game, I should have to run one specific perk every game because a killer could be running an op unfair perk.

edited May 2021

Idk its been fairly common for me maybe im unlucky but green to purple (because i que with my gf who is rank 11 and thats what we get despite me being rank 1) maybe people don't trust moving into purple without it? Also have you ever kinda heard of the strategy "totem remembering"? I just if the games going pretty fast try to memorize totems as i run by them (which with its new buffs is very direct) then come back and destroy them later. Also i run inner strength so the 12 second totem for a 8 second heal which ignores the likes of sloppy is pretty good. Also after playing so long i know most likely totem spawns anyway.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416

Nah, they should just rework it.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

Small game buff is a direct counter to NOED. If you dislike NOED, run Small game and become a hero for your team.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

No, it doesn't. Do Bones. :) I know you said not to say it, but clearly nobody brought a map. There are FOUR of you, I'm sure someone could bring a map. Every Survivor I have has at least twenty of them in my loot. There are also Perks that help you find them. It doesn't matter how well it is "hidden" with a map or the right Perk.

NOED is fine as it stands now. The purpose of that Perk is to remind you that there is another objective besides Generators, i.e. Totems. You are supposed to cleanse them. The DEV designed NOED specifically to encourage you to do just that. They believe in Player agency so they allow you to choose not to do it, but make it a gamble.

I want you to think about something. NOED isn't designed wrong. It does exactly what they want it to do. Consider the following:

1. NOED is a general Killer Perk, i.e. everyone has access to it.
    2. NOED is one of the first (if not the first) Perks Killers get offered on the Blood Web.
    3. NOED functions in identical ways to several Survivor Perks, triggering when the Generators power.

Horror movies have what is called a climax, a high point in tension right before the end. This is the most desperate moment when the Survivors are making their last ditch effort to escape. Things always rev up to an unprecedented level at this point. That is exactly what NOED is designed to do, make sure that the end of the match isn't anti-climactic, punctuated by Generators turned on, doors open, and you walk out. The did this on purpose.

The evidence clearly shows the DEV knows exactly how NOED works, and that it is working as they intended. What do you think the odds are that they are going to change it knowing what you know now? It is more productive to start bringing gear and Perks to help you kill Totems, and practicing the process. I assure you that Survivors manage it every day. In the time I took to write this post I'm sure Survivors have defeated NOED a hundred times.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,525

Oooof. Typical entitlement. "I shouldn't HAVE to run a perk for that !" Doing 5 totems and gens isn't realistic !

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 4,285

You're basically saying the game needs to change, because you don't think it's worth it to replace one of your perks with the perk that counters the thing that's wrecking you. It doesn't work like that. Either it's worth it or it's not. If you're worried about NOED and you cannot play around it, you should take something to counter it. Otherwise, you chose not to use the tools at your disposal and it's your fault for prioritizing other things above NOED removal. That's like not going into a locker when BBQ fires and then complaining that the killer came straight to your gen, or continuing to do gens when Devour Hope gives its 3 stack warning and then going surprised Pikachu when you get moried on your first hook. This game requires constant awareness of your opponent's tactics. When you can't account for all four of the killer's perks, or you're playing someone that seems newish/a Trapper/a Bubba, you should be alert for NOED.

NOED has counters at every stage of the game. I've never run it myself, but it's survivors' fault for seeing dull totems as an objective not worth addressing. New Small Game works wonders for bypassing soloQ's lack of coordination. Even if nobody was running Small Game - your Bubba would not have gotten a 3k unless people kept trying to extract the first person he caught. If you can't find the totem and you don't have something like Borrowed Time, bail. NOED is powerful, but it's only powerful for a short stage of the game, can be completely denied, and relies on survivors being overly altruistic to get more than a single kill with it.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

noed is rare at red ranks. also, do you cleanse all 5 totems or just some totems and then try to remember the locations of the rest? i use detectives hunch and when the last gen gets done i check all of the totems that get highlighted. idk about you but id say thats a more efficient way of preventing noed

If you actually read my post I said we did get 4 totems done. It is not realistic to get done every gen and every totem in a match and this is what people fail to understand. NOED needs changes because right now all it does is give bad killers undeserved kills.

• Viktor1853Viktor1853 Member Posts: 755
    edited May 2021

Do bones 

It is realistic. I play both Killer and Survivor. I face NOED with the same statistical probability that you do. We get it done. So can you. Quit blaming your personal failures on other people or the game. You either rise to the occasion or you don't. If you can't handle (or don't enjoy) the game, find another. NOED is fine. Thousand and thousands before you have dealt with it. During our exchange here people are dealing with it. Stop making excuses.

edited May 2021

Really depends. Like i said i use is so i do save time in the long run with the shorter heal if i come by a totem (especially if the killer has sloppy or a killer that has nurses). But yeah i won't spend to much time looking and doing totems i do try to find their locations to come back to later. But if a killers not exerting much pressure ill obviously cleanse them all for IS heals. I really just adapt based around the matches speed. Also funny enough i used to use dh but for some reason id always have that one totem that wouldn't show on the aura reading.

I can’t do 5 bones and 5 gens alone. You forget not everyone is playing in a swf. I primarily solo queue and solo queue teammates are god awful. The very very very least bvhr could do is give us a totem counter without having to use a perk and that might encourage people to actually do bones. I agree that it can be possible and likely to get done 5 bones and 5 gens in one game but not as a solo queue player. This is why so many people hate NOED: it punishes solo queue players extremely hard. On the rare occasions where I do play with friend NOED is almost never and issue but as I said that is rare and I mostly solo queue.

edited May 2021

I also play Solo; you don't see me making excuses. Not every Solo team you get is full of idiots. I find if I just do my job, many of them do theirs. If you are unhappy with your teammates not pulling their weight, that is also NOT a problem of NOED. That is a problem of the Survivors and they need to change their behavior. They did give you a Totem Counter on a Perk in the most recent update.

I shouldn’t need to run a perk to get a totem counter when swf gets it for free. The devs need to close the gap between solo queue and swf.

• Power_GuyPower_Guy Member Posts: 1,572

No. NoED can be countered by doing totems. Why should you get to figure out which totem is it before the end game?

Hex perks are already hot garbage with all the detecting perks, bad totem spawns, and SWF having a hive mind once they find a lit totem (and knowing if all totems are cleared).

You should in no way get to figure it out ahead of time, or it would be more trash. Just pick yourself up by your bootstraps and git gud. It's your team's fault if you don't clear all the bones before doing the final gen, so why should the Killer get a nerf for your bad play?

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,855

Sorry to say it but uhhh.....Survivors like you are why I have such an easy time playing this game. You do it to yourselves. And you're so predictable. Pride, arrogance, greed, the 7 deadly sins are easy to spot and manipulate in this game, everyone shows their vice. And people like you are a toss up between pride and greed. I can get you to do silly things like try to save someone who's already dead, or take a hit for someone I had no intention of killing, or hand your own team mates over to me in order to save yourself. Because you're not willing to change, all I have to do is change even a little bit.....and people like you lose their minds. Doesn't matter if its NoED, or Franklins, or Iron Maiden, or a tricked tampered timer on a bear trap. You play for yourself, and only yourself and are unwilling to change. Not only that, you have a specific set of perks you crutch.....which I can bet, I probably run a counter to in at least one of my builds. This mindset you have is always going to put you at a disadvantage. Because you can't adapt. And if you can't adapt....you can just expect the killer to keep digging that knife in deeper until you either depip, or actually try to survive.

But again you don't have to take my advice and I'd prefer you not. Easy prey is easy prey.

If you read my post you would see that I did 4 totem by myself that game because my teammates were hot garbage and refused to do them. I don’t play in swf very often so I have to hope my teammates know to do bones. The very least the devs could do is give us a totem counter without making us run a perk for it.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,855

I'm terrible at survivor...like completely trash. But I've been running small game even before the buff and never had an issue with any totems let alone NoED. So what I wanna know is....how can a terrible survivor like myself handle it.....but you can't? Also mind you....I ONLY DO SOLO Q. So while you can sit up and say, "Well, its not meant to stop NoED" (which it is btw) Theres still an entire slew of other hexes it can counter as well. Again, just because YOU choose to fail doesn't make something too strong. YOU just chose to fail. You get 4 perk slots to put into your kit as a survivor plus an item....if you can't run builds that set you up for success and to be prepared for the situations you're weak against then its your fault. If you don't know all the hex spawns, carry something that will help you. If you don't like wasting your own stash of items, get a perk that will show you chests, if you don't like being downed right after a hook, carry DS, if you're constantly making saves within the terror radius of a killer bring Borrowed Time, if you can't rely on your team mates to heal you, bring a med kit or self care, if you constantly find yourself healing team mates, bring botany. If you constantly find yourself with team mates that don't have communication or you're always ending up on the first hook, bring Dark Sense or Kindred. Like theres soooo many tools you can use. You choosing not to use them but instead complain is nothing but your own fault when you fail.

So, same thing I said to the OP....don't listen to any advice I just gave, as a killer main I prefer you to fail......Easy prey, is easy prey.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 3,800

Side note - anyone else seeing more noed users than usual?

I've been seeing it in almost all of my games lately, whereas before this patch I didn't see it as often (Red ranks)