Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What is the most fun way to depip

Comments

• wxnickxwwxnickxw Member Posts: 742

I don't understand how this would help, I mean with current matchmaking can you still run into reds as rand 20?

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,678

Back when I was trying to get killer adepts with killers I sucked at I would derank by playing the game normally until the very end and last second I would dc so that it wouldn't ruin the fun of the survivors. But I stopped de ranking after I realised how stupid it is.

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 1,435

The fact that people are asking "Hey how can I depip and lower my rank in a fun way bothers me because you did all the work to get to where you are and didn't seem to have a problem then, now that you're ranked higher the game isn't fun anymore?

Why is that exactly?

• DwigthtDwigtht Member Posts: 462

I personally enjoy the gen guarding Billy:

Run double steering addons (Dad's boots + Spiked boots)

Perks: Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Brutal Straight, Overcharge

Game Strategy: Sprint around the gens and kick all gens that are being worked on. You can hit a survivor to get them out of gens, but don't engage in chases (that's a waste of time), just run to another gen.

Depip is not 100% guaranteed. Sometimes you get a pip. The final 3 gen battle is the most exhausting. Once I've fought for 20 minutes for last 3 gens with 4 survivors alive. I've lost.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 6,004

Hide and seek with stealth killer. You find a hiding spot, when survivor finds you hit them so they don't follow you, find new spot to hide, repeat. Also if they're running spine chill and you keep setting it off while hiding they tend to miss skill checks if they're nervous about a stealth killer. 😂

As stealth killer choose a gen to guard. Anytime survivors go near it hit them. This is good on Haddonfield in Myers house, can guard gen and basement chest from being searched.

As Ghostface find a hiding spot and spend match just marking survivors that come into your view - works best on maps with 2nd floor vantage point. Fun to watch them scatter when marked.

As Nurse, put on Insidious and NOED, at start of match blink behind exit gate, wait for survivors to finish gens and open gate, surprise them with instadown. You can either watch them crawl out or hook them.

As Trapper spend match trapping up killer shack (if possible play offering for basement to be in shack), don't bother pressuring survivors, they'll come to you for boldness points. Some survivors will just do gens and leave BUT most really want that basement chest or to undo traps after that last gen is done for extra points. Once last gen is finished go open closest exit, you'll probably hear a trap disarm because a survivor really wants that basement chest before they leave. Make sure you double trap the window because many survivors will think they're out smarting you by disarming outside window trap and climb through window only to be caught in second trap inside. Hook survivor in basement, reset traps, enjoy snowball.

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 1,062

Play trapper. trap a chest, kill anyone who challenges your superiority.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,273
    edited May 2021

The earlier ranks are very casual. Win or lose, you don't have to think very hard and everyone's either confused or vibing.

The higher ranks are saturated with players that take the game more competitively - sometimes in a constructive way, sometimes not. You're more likely to encounter players that get angry at you for playing the game (both your foes and your teammates) and lash out at you afterwards, you're more likely to encounter players that gloat and treat you like crap, and you're much more likely to meet players that BM you throughout the match. As a solo survivor, your ability to escape is going to go down the toilet, and as a killer, you're going to start running into bully squads on the regular. And matchmaking loves to pair you with opponents a tier or two above your rank, especially when the other side's queue is overloaded. So the red rank sweat squads are a problem even for green rank killers, who are woefully unequipped to handle them - but it's more of a warning of things to come than a constant issue.

People who play to unwind don't want every game to be against people who've worked the game down to a 400-level science, or people whose goal in the game is to make the other side ragequit. Matchmaking will move you upwards as long as you understand what your objectives are, and at purple/reds, every game is going to be a sweatfest, so they derank to move back into the zone where the games were on average chill and enjoyable rather than frustrating and humiliating.

Like, I'm stuck at rank 4 as a survivor, I'm horrible at looping, and I escape maybe one out of ten matches. The only reason I don't derank is because I can't do that as a survivor without punishing my teammates. The matchmaking will push you above where you belong if you play too many games in a short period of time. But it means I have way less fun playing survivor than I used to - and much less fun than when I play killer, because for killer I can control my rank and stay in an area with a comfortable challenge level (when it's not pairing me with full red SWFs, anyway, but I can take those every once in a while. Every other game and I'd quit DBD immediately.) I'm here to play for fun, not train for a tournament, and running ten rounds around a set of walls before giving up and walking away five times in one game isn't my idea of a good time.

Tl;dr, people are nastier at high ranks, high ranks are filled with experienced SWFs on comms, and getting completely outplayed is demoralizing. High ranks are less fun than middle/low ranks unless you play for the challenge.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

Screw around in the game

• TMCalypsoTMCalypso Member Posts: 227

When I don't care about ranks, bloodpoints, or such and just want to mess around, I'll choose Myers and try to race the survivors. Basically, you put both ultra rare add-ons on Myers. So it will take a long time to get to tier 3 but when you do you can kill anyone at any point. The main rule here though....you are not allowed to make any offensive actions against the survivors until you are in tier 3. Perks are your call. The goal is to get tier 3 and kill them before the survivors can finish the gens and leave.

• DemogorgeouseDemogorgeouse Member Posts: 361

Getting farmed and tunneled all game

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 1,435

That's a fair argument, but there are also a lot of people the de rank just so they can slaughter lower rank players. I've watched people stream who flat out say the want to smurf so they can get easier games. I understand the more competitive the higher you get that makes sense. However lowing your rank so that you get easier opponents is kind of dirty.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,273

Yeah, I understand that's a thing, and it's frustrating to get your ass kicked by someone who's ostensibly rank 16 but has 2500 hours in the game to your 50. Same deal as when SWFs put a smurf in so they can fish out baby players. But I personally derank so I can be in an area where I do well in half my matches and get outplayed in the other half, because ranking up naturally puts me in an area where I get outplayed way more often than not. (And part of this is just because of bad matchmaking - I stay in green ranks, and win or lose, most of my opponents are purples peppered with the odd red.)

• HealsBadManHealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,120

I like running a meme build idea and do a completely different objective.

EX: Play Plague with Discordance, Oppression, Surge and Surveillance. Use Black Incense and Severed Toe, vomit on Survivors if they're close together or are already sick. Vomit on objects randomly, punish them for not cleansing. I call it COVID Plague.

There's also Crack Wraith, with Purple and Green Shadow Dance addons w/Iron Maiden, Brutal Strength, Fire Up and Bamboozle. Basically do everything lightning fast.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 3,369

Rancor Wraith. Stalk all game. Take out the unsuspecting survivor. Use nemesis to change Obsession. Repeat.

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 1,240

It's not hard work to get into red ranks and red ranks are no fun to play on. I have more fun at purple ranks.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,864
    edited May 2021

Think about the Southpark episode Make Love Not Warcraft, which featured the medias idea of what a "stereotypical gamer" looks like:

With that as the inspiration, I give you the "Stereotypical Gamer" Blight build: Adrenaline Vial + Placebo Tablet add-ons, and whatever perks you think might help you because honestly it won't matter. With this build Blight becomes addicted to energy drinks (Adrenaline Vial), and is overweight while taking the lazy route to get over that with Weight loss supplements (Placebo Tablet), but overall thinks he's a total badass and can still take down survivors irl when he isn't spending his time gaming.

It's a lot of fun to challenge yourself with this build because it nerfs Blight so hard that I put it up there with the "Heavy Smoker Nurse" and "Burger King Myers" meme builds, wherein if you actually manage to get any kills while using the build... you freaking earned it!

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 844

I enjoy just following people with doctor and constantly shocking them LOL. Some survivors will just stop and stare at you when they’ve had enough, it’s so funny

• AkitoAkito Member Posts: 600

Bond , Diversion, Selfcare, Wake Up

Just think about it. Just let it happen. Enjoy.

• ZixologyZixology Member Posts: 1,062

When I get fast search times, and the killer tunnels me anyway. The best depip is a fast depip.

• latinfla4latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

I am personally tired of bullying and trolling higher rank swf...behavior doesn't want to put a casual mode in or stop sacrificing lower rank killers to the higher ranks then I will depip myself not my fault you ranked up that high and cant find a match with your own level...there is no incentive for higher rank killers to deal with this especially in the evening hours

• BuddhaBingBuddhaBing Member Posts: 248

People like the dopamine rush from winning, but don't want to put in effort. So they depip to play against people worse than them so they can win without really trying. Now, I don't understand how someone can still get satisfaction playing like that, they probably need to feed themselves a bunch of reasons why depiping doesn't take away from their victories.

Thank you you explained it so well and I know killers are getting tired of the constant and frustrating state of this game

Thay nurse build is just evil definitely one I will try thanks😂

• ToybasherToybasher Member Posts: 903
    edited May 2021

I saw a funny one where you change your name to "Don't wake the beast" and insidious camp your thrill of the hunt totem with NOED, Blood Warden, etc. and just AFK until they cleanse the totem.

Other options include "######### Doctor" where you play Doctor and just pick one survivor in particular and follow them around zapping them the entire game and doing nothing else. You can also combo it with Rancor, in which case zap the obsession all game, then insta-down them and fry them with Rancor after the final gen pops.

Franklin's Football. Knock items out of peoples hands with Franklin's Demise and try to keep them from escaping with them.

Piggyback builds. Agitaiton, Iron Grasp, Mad Grit, and StarStruck maybe, and just carry one survivor around swinging your weapon with 0 cooldown because of Mad Grit.

Burger King Myers. Combo Vanity Mirror and Judith's Tombstone and you'll be insanely slow, and just chase people around all game.

The Depipster. Play Trickster. Nuff said. I don't have him but I hear so many complaints about pipping being extremely hard with him. Dunno if it was ever fixed, but if it wasn't, he might be a good option.

Yeah trickster against high wall loops in most stages is a guaranteed depip for the most part but I wanted variety😂 think I will try that piggyback build should be good for memes

• wxnickxwwxnickxw Member Posts: 742

But then why bother spending the time depipping if your trying to avoid high level players if that's not going to help and it's based just around what time you play

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,966

Clown with Insidious and NOED. Park yourself in front of your basement box. Soon as the gens are done, go ham. If they escape, they escape. If they fall to NOED, tell them to do bones. You both depip, and give them a helpful service announcement.

• DeathBeamDeathBeam Member Posts: 257

Slug the entire team and let them bleed out of just insidious bubba.

• UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 749

Face camping bubba or slugging bubba with Noed, Franklin's, insidious