Home Discussions General Discussions

Survivor Blood Points

I think there needs to be a fix for the amount of points a survivor can earn in any given match.

I feel like whenever I play as a killer, I can pretty much play the worst game of my life and only get 1 kill, and get near 20-25K blood points. However, as a survivor, I feel like I can be a gen jockey and get a few saves and heals, as well as a few killer blinds or killer stuns and end a match (when I survive) with only around 15-25K blood points.

(I get these 25K BP games when I use a perk that increases blood points or a bloody party streamer. I don’t normally use these perks and BPS offerings are a one-time use.)

Comments

  • suchbeanssuchbeans Member Posts: 18

    There are some games I'll do like 2 gens by myself, get an unhook or two, cleanse every totem I see, and open the exit gate and walk out with like 18k while the killer gets 50k for a two kill game

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

    @PhantomKombat1 said:
    I think there needs to be a fix for the amount of points a survivor can earn in any given match.

    I feel like whenever I play as a killer, I can pretty much play the worst game of my life and only get 1 kill, and get near 20-25K blood points. However, as a survivor, I feel like I can be a gen jockey and get a few saves and heals, as well as a few killer blinds or killer stuns and end a match (when I survive) with only around 15-25K blood points.

    (I get these 25K BP games when I use a perk that increases blood points or a bloody party streamer. I don’t normally use these perks and BPS offerings are a one-time use.)

    The difference is that the addon-dependent killers lose their stuff after every game while survivors dont depend on items, keep them when they escape and can even gain them in chests

  • AvarikuAvariku Member Posts: 608
    yet if a survivor brings in items and contributes to a decent extent, those items are actually traded for the progress made. 

    I would need to do some research on that, but I would be willing to bet that the cost of the item plus addons isn't anywhere near worth the amount of bloodpoints gained through the progress gained with the use of those items... which would only further illustrate the disparity between BP earned for killer/survivor.
  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 6,244
    Killers and survivors earn roughly the same amount of bloodpoints per hour. 
    If the survivor has a bad match,  he can just enter a new one. 
    If the killer has a bad match, he's forced to stay until everyone is gone.

    Also, 25k points as killer isn't a bad match. 
    So don't try to make things up.
  • PhantomKombat1PhantomKombat1 Member Posts: 21

    @Tsulan said:
    Also, 25k points as killer isn't a bad match. 
    So don't try to make things up.

    Lmao I’m not? I can play pretty [BAD WORD] and get a lot of points. A good match for me (while running barbecue) can be upwards of 40k. Without barbecue it’s usually upwards of 30k.

  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 6,244

    @Tsulan said:
    Also, 25k points as killer isn't a bad match. 
    So don't try to make things up.

    Lmao I’m not? I can play pretty [BAD WORD] and get a lot of points. A good match for me (while running barbecue) can be upwards of 40k. Without barbecue it’s usually upwards of 30k.

    30k points without BBQ is a almost perfect match with categories maxed out.
  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

    Good survivor can already gain more points than the killer.
    If you can't, that's a YOU issue.
    Killer need more BPs, since they lose all their stuff every match and can't refill their stuff during a match (chests).
    And killer are way more add on dependent than survivor.

  • ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,154
    edited November 2018
    Wolf74 said:

    Good survivor can already gain more points than the killer.
    If you can't, that's a YOU issue.
    Killer need more BPs, since they lose all their stuff every match and can't refill their stuff during a match (chests).
    And killer are way more add on dependent than survivor.

    Ah but you naturally have your power a survivour has 3 slots to fill. The item and two addons. Also your items arent guarranted to be held as death comes often in dbd even with a crazy swf spirit and nurse exist so you will die.

    I play both survivour and killer regularly every season and honestly if i didnt have friends who want to hang out and play DBD I'd only be playing killer as you get way more points and level faster.

    Now even if you still disagree with my comparison with items and add-ons we all know the frustration of leveling your bloodweb to access the perks you need. They are priced the same as killers requiring the same amount of bp investment.

    I see this every goddamn double bp event. The massive drop off of survivours and long ass killer queues. People always just assume queues are messed up its obvious people want to get their bp so they can level their characters.

    But survivours are just skins. Yes, yes they are and their was a time I wouldnt care about leveling other characters but then we got the new cosmetics that are really impresive and worth using. The survival category is a joke. 5000 points for escaping that's it no way to improve the score throughout the trial minus self care woke up etc i think.

    On to potential fixes make completed gens a survivour has worked on to a certain percentage recieve bonus bp upon completion granting it to the survival category. Change safe hook rescue to be a survival scoring event. For boldness make it so survivour gains points on the chase for the survival category and call it containment or whatever you want to call it.

    I dont ever expect survivour to on average gaining more points then killer. As their should be an incentive to play the more frustrating role. However the disparity between survivour and killer bp gain is unacceptable. 
    Post edited by Zarathos on
  • RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,152
    edited November 2018
    I loce how these threads always ignore the actual amount of survivors in a trial. 
    Those "good rounds" in which a killer earns 20k... mostly have 2 - 3 survivors earn 18k- 22k

    As said before if you die early just hop into a new trial and hope that you dont mess up that fast again.

    Dont get darmed but farm them
  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

    But he can't jump into the next trial, because he has to wait for his SWF buddies. :P

  • ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited December 2018

    @Tsulan said:
    Also, 25k points as killer isn't a bad match. 
    So don't try to make things up.

    Lmao I’m not? I can play pretty [BAD WORD] and get a lot of points. A good match for me (while running barbecue) can be upwards of 40k. Without barbecue it’s usually upwards of 30k.

    30k and above without bonuses are perfect games with maxed sacrifices, which means 4k with a lot of hits, chases, bleeding, pallet and genbreaks on a Killer who can max out the deviousness, which some are known to never get like Pig.

    I agree that the survival category needs a rework but you don't have to go around trying to sell some fresh kool-aid
  • trossantrossan Member Posts: 5

    Why don't you share the progress after the match ?
    Say if someone were to do 2 gens by him/herself and also decide to recue me and that result in a death for that player but I still manage to get out, the person do not get a thing for "letting the team" win ?
    Or have I missed something regarding this ?

    BR

  • OakLestatOakLestat Member Posts: 125

    @Raptorrotas said:
    I loce how these threads always ignore the actual amount of survivors in a trial. 
    Those "good rounds" in which a killer earns 20k... mostly have 2 - 3 survivors earn 18k- 22k

    As said before if you die early just hop into a new trial and hope that you dont mess up that fast again.

    Agreed.

  • Dolphin9192Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 129

    @Avariku said:
    yet if a survivor brings in items and contributes to a decent extent, those items are actually traded for the progress made. 

    You can work around that by using an item 99% of the way and then if you can escape, you will keep the item and its add-ons.

  • WhiteAqua7WhiteAqua7 Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2018
    Master said:

    @PhantomKombat1 said:
    I think there needs to be a fix for the amount of points a survivor can earn in any given match.

    I feel like whenever I play as a killer, I can pretty much play the worst game of my life and only get 1 kill, and get near 20-25K blood points. However, as a survivor, I feel like I can be a gen jockey and get a few saves and heals, as well as a few killer blinds or killer stuns and end a match (when I survive) with only around 15-25K blood points.

    (I get these 25K BP games when I use a perk that increases blood points or a bloody party streamer. I don’t normally use these perks and BPS offerings are a one-time use.)

    The difference is that the addon-dependent killers lose their stuff after every game while survivors dont depend on items, keep them when they escape and can even gain them in chests 


    Killers do not have to use addons, even if they lose they get a lot of BP. If you use bbq and still lose but hook everyone you can get 40-50K. There are multiple killer perks for BP gain (Thrill, Beast of Prey, BBQ, Distressing) while survivors only have two perks one of which (no one left behind) barely helps with BP gain while the other one (We're gonna stack forever) helps decently but doesn't have an actual strategic use in game unlike the killer perks. Survivors cannot just hop into the nest game as some of us have to wait for our friends. If you get tunneled you can get as little as 5K as survivor.
    Post edited by WhiteAqua7 on
Sign In or Register to comment.