Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do survivors seriously pat themselves in the head over pallet stuns and looping?

I know millions of survivors are sore losers and stuff, but do they really?

Had a lot of matches in which I kill a survivor and at the end of the game they cope with "S-so what if I died? I stunned you 4 times! HA!".

Is that seriously a victory for survivors? Running from a killer for a few seconds, getting a few pallet stuns, etc is that enough to make survivors pretend they didn't just lose the whole match and got humilliated?

Because I never seen a single killer who had all 4 survivors escape and he coped with "Oh w-well but at least everyone was on death hook!" or "A-at least I kicked 3 gens!".

Comments

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Millions of survivors being sore losers is rather hyperbolic, but rotten players play both Killer and Survivors you learn to shrug em off and ignore them after a while and just focus on the good convos and games. They can be bad sports all they like as long as I have fun and continue being a good sport they are popcorn entertainment

• lewislewis Member Posts: 63

Escaping is good but if I have really fun chases it doesn’t matter.

I’d consider it a win for me if I get some good loops in and teammates get out.

Being a solo Q only player your chances of escaping are not the best so playing as well as I can is all I can do.

• megswifeymegswifey Member Posts: 815

I'm proud of myself for looping a good killer, even if I die I think to myself "wow, I did alright and I'm getting better with it!" but I don't think I could ever get salty and get mad at the killer for getting me despite doing well ;w;

• Volfgang57Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369

I've stunned a killer 8 times before in a single chase. Not a huge accomplishment, but still gets pretty funny the longer it goes. If get downed at the end anyways, hey, who cares? I got my amusement out of it so I consider it a win

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,035

Seeing as a lot of killer players do in fact aim to get as many hooks as possible rather than as many kills as possible, I think you might not understand that someone's personal win conditions aren't the exact same as yours.

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,435

I'd say in reality it's only a handful of people but they are LOUD and they won't shut up until the convinced people that their way of playing is the only legit one, and that all perks and killer abilities that work against their playstyle must be removed

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

This. You'd be the kind of player that I would be referencing as a counterargument to everyone who talks about how cheap and toxic the killers are.

• NightmareKillerNightmareKiller Member Posts: 181

Show me a single "survivor bad" thread besides this one because all I see every day is survivor mains crying about campers, tunnelers, sluggers and Spirit.

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Seriously. In my first couple of weeks playing the game I went against a Huntress and happened to be pretty good at dodging her hatchets. We ran across each other several times in the match and had a couple of good chases.

Eventually I was the final survivor, and she won. But rather than hooking me she got me back up, motioned for me to follow her, and out of sheer curiosity I did. Using her body language as a guide I could tell that she wanted to engage in a test of skill - she headed up to the top of one of those little Autohaven hills and raised her hatchet. I started juking around to indulge her, and managed to get away from all but the last throw. She grabbed some more hatches, I waited, and again she got me up and we went another round. This time she got me with her second throw. After that she brought me to the hatch.

As someone who'd only been playing the game for a week or two that made a huge impression on me and I've never forgotten it. I'd love to give someone else that same feeling. It may sound all flowers and rainbows but sometimes sportsmanship really is more fun than winning.

• Friendly_BlendetteFriendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,356
    edited May 2021

Well I dont pat myself in the head but I do pat myself on the head

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,746

I'll take someone who "copes" by finding something to be happy about even when they lose over someone that can only feel accomplished and content if they win. Not saying people aren't allowed to be happy about winning, but thinking a lost (or even draw) match is all bad is how you get people that can win 20 games in a row and then start seething when they get a single loss.

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

Not everyone is playing to win. Honestly this thread makes you look kinda whiny just from that first sentence.

There is no set "win" in dbd. You can get 10 hooks and barely safety pip or 4 kills and safety pip. You can escape and safety pip or farm your teammates, do no gens and die and pip.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

Maybe it's because pallet stuns are extremely hard to come by and often comes with you getting hit in the process, especially with ping and so on.

If I stun you with a pallet without getting hit, I'm definitely throwing a party. 😝🥳

• wxnickxwwxnickxw Member Posts: 742

I dunno if he looped you a bunch and stunned you a couple times sounds like he did his job his team just didn't help out very much while he was in a chase.

Its sort if like in baseball if you hit a home run each time you get to bat but you loose by 10 points you can say yah I did pretty good that game

• NightmareKillerNightmareKiller Member Posts: 181
    edited May 2021

Or you know, people could just accept they lost. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

It's ok to lose. It's not ok to pretend you won when you didn't win.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • AkitoAkito Member Posts: 600

You can't really sort out what's a win for a survivor. For some it's 4 stacks on WGLF.

You just shouldnt forget that if this guy is a solo survivor, the only thing that counts is what he did in this game. What did he do behind the scenes? And did he f you up a little bit?

If so then yea. You can't say "Oh your team lose" Because that's not in his hands. He could be the best survivor and do everything right, if some or all teammates does not, then you can't do anything about it.

So yea it matters what you call a win. If you kill all 4 you will usually call it a win, same with every individual Survivor.

If I run a killer for 4 minutes and 1 gen got done and we all die at the end, clearly I won. Not my fault that the others just watched.

• VioletCrimesVioletCrimes Member Posts: 870
    edited May 2021

I get pallet stuns about 2 or of every 10 throws, so I’m happy if I actually landed one. I don’t teabag or be a dick about it; I just think “oh, yay” and run.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,165

You take this GAME too seriously - you know that right?

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,035

How? Victory and loss are not something that is defined in this game, it's completely up to interpretation.

When I play survivor, I don't care if I die, if at least one survivor escapes, that's a victory to me.

As killer, all I aim to do is hook all survivors at least once.