Home Discussions General Discussions
The celebrations continue. :sparkler: The Entity has extended the Gilded Stampede event by an extra week. Log in daily to redeem 50,000 Bloodpoints for each extra day until the end of the event on March 4th 11AM EST!
https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/lunar-new-year-2021

Stop with the anti heal meta

just make gens harder to do please all this anti healing isn't helping killers in the slightest and this new killer is no exception. just do what we have been asking for fix gen times please

Comments

• Might_OakkMight_Oakk Member Posts: 1,241

Tbh there isn't really a reason to heal vs the new killer since the frenzy hits are pretty free. No mither meta.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,510
    Being notified two people are on a gen seems like a help in slowing down gens. Or am I insane?
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 17,690

@Carpemortum said:
    Being notified two people are on a gen seems like a help in slowing down gens. Or am I insane?

OP is a Survivor main. That and their name should tell you everything you need to know.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,004

Yo someone know, how long it takes to heal yourself with anti-healing build?

@Ihatelife said:

Give me the numbers and I can calculate.

@Orion said:

@Ihatelife said:

32 seconds with self care (standard) + claurophobia, sloppy butcher, thanathopobia

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227
    edited November 2018

@Ihatelife said:

@Orion said:

@Ihatelife said:

32 seconds with self care (standard) + claurophobia, sloppy butcher, thanathopobia

Before the most recent update (where they increased base heal time to 16s) I tested with a friend. Sloppy + Coulro + Thanata 1 stack took him 59 seconds to heal himself with Self Care. As it stands now, it would probably take 65+ seconds to Self Care in this situation. With the best medkit with best add-ons that are not insta-heals with Botany he was able to heal himself in about 24 seconds (ie. all those buffs/debuffs add up to normal Self Care at the time).

• Dr_TrautsDr_Trauts Member Posts: 690

@Orion said:

@Ihatelife said:

If someone is selfcaring, under the effects of thantophobia (all 4 people are injured), sloppy butcher, courophobia
    how long would it take to self care? as this is potentially part of my doc build alongside nurses

• friendlykillermainfriendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,166

@Orion said:

@Carpemortum said:

OP is a Survivor main. That and their name should tell you everything you need to know.

Nah I’m a killer main you can tell from past posts

@Ihatelife said:

@Orion said:

@Ihatelife said:

I said numbers, not perks. I don't know how much Coulrophobia, Sloppy Butcher, and Thanatophobia slow down healing. I do know that Thanatophobia slows down healing depending on how many Survivors are injured, hooked, or dying, so that's another thing you have to clarify.

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 861

Ironically this killer is weak to people simply not healing and rushing gens. There's pretty much no reason to be healthy against him, so healing isn't important, which leaves only generators left.

• M2FreamM2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Any "fix" that requires a perk is just a band-aid. Not a real fix.
  • FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,337

@Orion said:

The only way you would know that is if they'd told you so. And they've said explicitly that they're a killer main. Also.. what does their name tell us exactly? That they play killer but are a decent human being? Gasp! God forbid such a person exist.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 3,907
    Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

The only way you would know that is if they'd told you so. And they've said explicitly that they're a killer main. Also.. what does their name tell us exactly? That they play killer but are a decent human being? Gasp! God forbid such a person exist.

Bravo. Well said.

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

I must've confused him for someone else. I remembered reading a comment by someone with the same profile pic and a similar name saying they were a Survivor main. I checked a few of his comments and couldn't find it, likely meaning I was mistaken.
    That said, their name tells us that they don't play to win. It doesn't make them a "decent human being", as you said (although that's quite telling), it makes their opinions pointless when discussing balance changes like this, since all they want to do is play "pin the tail on the donkey and let the donkey walk out of the gates".

@thesuicidefox said:

@Ihatelife said:

@Orion said:

@Ihatelife said:

Before the most recent update (where they increased base heal time to 16s) I tested with a friend. Sloppy + Coulro + Thanata 1 stack took him 59 seconds to heal himself with Self Care. As it stands now, it would probably take 65+ seconds to Self Care in this situation. With the best medkit with best add-ons that are not insta-heals with Botany he was able to heal himself in about 24 seconds (ie. all those buffs/debuffs add up to normal Self Care at the time).

Wow, cool <3 Thanks

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

I must've confused him for someone else. I remembered reading a comment by someone with the same profile pic and a similar name saying they were a Survivor main. I checked a few of his comments and couldn't find it, likely meaning I was mistaken.
    That said, their name tells us that they don't play to win. It doesn't make them a "decent human being", as you said (although that's quite telling), it makes their opinions pointless when discussing balance changes like this, since all they want to do is play "pin the tail on the donkey and let the donkey walk out of the gates".

I don't think that's necessarily true, it's something you're reading into it based on how you think of "friendly" killers. I think, for starters, being friendly does make someone a decent human being. But friendly doesn't mean that you don't play to win, in this case it likely just means that he either aims to play in such a way that makes the game fun for everyone while still playing competitively, which is definitely possible to do, and/or is kind to people he plays against. That doesn't mean he lets them go, just that he's a good sport. I think all of those things are to be applauded, not looked down upon.

You either play to win or you handicap yourself. You can't have it both ways.
    There was a link going around some time ago about scrubs and what "play to win" actually means, wish I'd saved it.

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

I don't think that's necessarily true, it's something you're reading into it based on how you think of "friendly" killers. I think, for starters, being friendly does make someone a decent human being. But friendly doesn't mean that you don't play to win, in this case it likely just means that he either aims to play in such a way that makes the game fun for everyone while still playing competitively, which is definitely possible to do, and/or is kind to people he plays against. That doesn't mean he lets them go, just that he's a good sport. I think all of those things are to be applauded, not looked down upon.

There was a link going around some time ago about scrubs and what "play to win" actually means, wish I'd saved it.

I know you can because I've experienced it time and again. A handicap doesn't mean crippling yourself. It just means you make it harder for yourself to win, but you still try to win regardless. Say if you're playing a board game you're good at with your family, it's the difference between brutally slaughtering your opponents and taking advantage of their inferior skills, or playing to beat them but doing it in such a way that they learn and have fun at the same time. Yes, maybe you don't win as efficiently or by as great a margin as you might have otherwise, but it's not crippling yourself if you still win, it's just being compassionate towards the other players. For some people, compassion for strangers you're never going to see again isn't important, and I understand that, but personally I still think it's an admirable quality to have.

Handicap yourself or play to win. Pick one. "Play to win" means playing to the full extent of your ability, period.

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

I know you can because I've experienced it time and again. A handicap doesn't mean crippling yourself. It just means you make it harder for yourself to win, but you still try to win regardless. Say if you're playing a board game you're good at with your family, it's the difference between brutally slaughtering your opponents and taking advantage of their inferior skills, or playing to beat them but doing it in such a way that they learn and have fun at the same time. Yes, maybe you don't win as efficiently or by as great a margin as you might have otherwise, but it's not crippling yourself if you still win, it's just being compassionate towards the other players. For some people, compassion for strangers you're never going to see again isn't important, and I understand that, but personally I still think it's an admirable quality to have.

Handicap yourself or play to win. Pick one. "Play to win" means playing to the full extent of your ability, period.

Well, no, and I just explained why. Restating your point isn't an argument. But given that that's the case, I'm not going to repeat myself. So okay. Let's just agree to disagree, I guess?

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

Well, no, and I just explained why. Restating your point isn't an argument. But given that that's the case, I'm not going to repeat myself. So okay. Let's just agree to disagree, I guess?

Yes, let's agree that you're wrong. You either play to win or you handicap yourself. Playing to win means actually playing to win, by using the full extent of your ability. The instant your concern switches to "let's not trigger my opponent", you're not playing to win any more.

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

thank you im glad someone can see what i am. as i said before all i want is to help make these forums better

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

@friendlykillermain said:
    just make gens harder to do please all this anti healing isn't helping killers in the slightest and this new killer is no exception. just do what we have been asking for fix gen times please

Gen times shouldnt be increased, I already fall asleep holding M1 half of the game.
    We need a REWORK, collect fuel for generators or sth a bit more challenging than holding M1.

@Master said:

Gen times shouldnt be increased, I already fall asleep holding M1 half of the game.
    We need a REWORK, collect fuel for generators or sth a bit more challenging than holding M1.

^This. I feel like the repair time has reached the maximum tolerable limit for the average player. What we need now is more complexity.

edited November 2018

thank you im glad someone can see what i am. as i said before all i want is to help make these forums better

You're one of my favourite people on here honestly. I always enjoy reading your comments and seeing you trying to be kind to people wherever you post :) We need more of that.

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

thanks your comments are really nice i really appreciate the support

@Fibijean said:

You're one of my favourite people on here honestly. I always enjoy reading your comments and seeing you trying to be kind to people wherever you post :) We need more of that.

thank you! your one of my favorite posters as well it seems we both share the same sense of being a decent person how can one person derive joy knowing they are taking it from others everyone equally having fun is what we all need to look for

@Master said:

yeah that would be great im just tired of healing changes they dont really help killers out like they're intended more objectives would be nice as much as people loathed the Halloween event i felt like it was one of the most fair changes made in the game

@Fibijean said:

thank you! your one of my favorite posters as well it seems we both share the same sense of being a decent person how can one person derive joy knowing they are taking it from others everyone equally having fun is what we all need to look for

Exactly. Playing competitively is fun, but when you have to walk all over other people to do it it's not that enjoyable anymore. The best games I ever have are the ones where everyone just has a really good time, even if I lose. A lot of people think that it doesn't matter if you're kind to strangers or not because you'll never see them again, but personally I think that if you're only kind to people when you get something out of it then what does that say about you? Not to mention that a wholesome, friendly environment is just more fun to be in overall!