Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Ruin, Undying, and Tinkerer are grossly OP and is a free win

Comments

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 2021

The only thing i disagree with in this post is the stuff about bbq

But then again people here think they need to stack slowdowns to even have a chance to win :')

Post edited by nursewannabe on
  • MarioT6MarioT6 Member Posts: 25

I legit only run BBQ for the bloodpoint increase. :P

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,637

Eyyy, Discordance and BBQ go really well with those perks!

Also. Why do I always become so happy when I see one of Sluzzy's posts? Sluzzy deserves a promotion for these amazing and 100% accurate posts. I love Sluzzy, Sluzzy is a legend xd

#Love4Sluzzy

• MasterGritMasterGrit Member Posts: 329

And two totems pop first 30 seconds of the match is a free lose

• OGlilSPOOK20OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    edited May 2021

Bruh I can't tell if this is a troll or not lol.

Sure the perks are strong combined but 2 of the 3 perks can literally be destroyed.

Sooo... Yeah :)

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,600

Is it bad that I actually agree with Sluzzy here that Tinkerer + Ruin needs a serious, serious change on high mobility killers, especially where solo survivors are concerned?

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

No, it's not. Sluzzy is very provocative but he's right many times they make a thread.

Just because this forum is filled with whiny players, it doesn't mean that killers in general are in a bad state at all, and often have it way too easy, especially when it comes to solo queue (as you mentioned) but also against the average swf that plays for fun

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,083

Funny think is i at first when ruin first got reworked thought tinkerer would only go off once. But once undying came out and i saw the 3s synergy i was like "tf is this?". I would say though once ruins gone even if you have pop tinkerer loses most of its value. So in the case its no different than ruin survelliance imo.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,600

In solo it's a miracle if a single totem ever gets cleansed or a gen gets done without your direct involvement ngl, so needing to cleanse totems before starting on gens while Blendette does nothing, baby Meg throws Shack pallet and dies in 0.2s still and Nea DCs because the killer won't chase her is a pretty hard gamethrow

• GladonosGladonos Member Posts: 340

OP: ...wat year is it.

Me: Huh? What?

OP: WHAT YEAR IS IT!? THE DATE!!!

Me: 2021.

OP: My god... Am I really in the future?

• Vyne456Vyne456 Member Posts: 765

Uh oh sluzzy is crying about perks now.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,098

Ok, maybe Ruin + Tinkerer needs some sort of change. This combo was okay with Old Ruin, but now it gets a little oppressive from time to time.

• HaunterofShadowsHaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,459
    edited May 2021

They're hexes. You can destroy them. They wouldn't be as powerful if you couldn't destroy them. Boom defended.

• ReverseVelocityReverseVelocity Member Posts: 1,069

No, I agree with Sluzzy here as well, actually. Tinkerer by itself is pretty oppressive, but throw in Ruin, and it can become borderline impossible to get a single gen done while it's up if you're not in a 4 man, especially on high mobility killers.

Tinkerer is by far my least favourite perk in the game right now. Ruin, Undying and BBQ are all fine, but Tinkerer is a bit too overtuned imo, it needs a cooldown from being able to activate on the same generator multiple times.

• The_SniperThe_Sniper Member Posts: 76

Honestly, it only feels oppressive against really high mobility characters IMO. I will say, Tinkerer needs some sort of cooldown, like 40 seconds

• bowobowo Member Posts: 121
    edited May 2021

None of the individual perks in the ruin+undying+tinkerer combo are too powerful, they just become highly oppressive when used together on a high mobility killer like blight. i'm also not sure why you find bbq far too powerful - perks like thrilling tremors and discordance are even stronger in this build.

edit: i was baited. right? this is a bait.

• Tempest753Tempest753 Member Posts: 50

I'm with you up until the point of BBQ+Tinkerer being the problem. The problem is Ruin+Undying, if you pair BBQ+Tinkerer with Pop it's not nearly so miserable, and if you cleanse Ruin+Undying these two perks don't really do much of anything to delay the game.

The problem is that Ruin needs to be a certain level of power to justify being a Hex perk, but if its effect is strong enough to warrant running alone then it becomes oppressive when paired with Undying. In general I think Ruin needs to be weakened a little and totems need to stop spawning in places where they're guaranteed to be spotted and cleansed instantly (like spawning on top of survivors at the start, spawning on top of hills, spawning 2 feet from a generator), but that's just me.

• lkalin91lkalin91 Member Posts: 142

Oh look another Sluzzy thread

• GreysTavernTTVGreysTavernTTV Member Posts: 12

You defeat it by gen tapping to check for ruin, and then dipping to go nuke the totems. You almost always spawn opposite of the killer so if you get on that gen you spawn by you're already screwing up because odds are 95% of the time you will get interrupted before you can finish even with 3-4 people on it. Just, do, bones.

• MuntcuffinzMuntcuffinz Member Posts: 18

Lol found the rank 10

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 3,866
    edited May 2021

I do disagree with this. Ruin + Undying + Tinkerer is no longer as strong you make it to be. Like how DS + Unbreakable + Dead Hard isn't as strong as it's made out to be now. Tinkerer is very strong with killers like Hillbilly and Blight. But outside of mobility killers it's pretty lackluster. What good does Tinkerer do for a Myers or Huntress on Mother's Dwelling, Blood Lodge, or Thompson House with how far apart gens are? Or on Badham, Haddonfield, or the Game where the stealth doesn't matter since the survivors will be right next to a great loop or pallet? So yes Tinkerer is brutal on mobility killers. But, should we say Thanataphobia is very strong because it works so well with two killers. Or Stridor because it only works on Spirit but so well? Simply no. New Undying + Ruin isn't nearly as strong either because instead of 4 totems it only takes two. And there are so many instances where you're spawning right next to totems and with how loud Hexes are it's not uncommon for this build to be obliterated in the first minutes. And even quicker on maps like Autohaven and Ormond. So now yes you can say what if it's Lerys or the Swamp and then yes it'll take a while and there's a good chance the build lasts a while but that's the map not the perks. So while yes Tinkerer + Ruin + Undying is a strong build could've agreed old variation was OP but the new variation isn't OP. And BBQ still balanced.

That's RNG being more inconsistent then ever. One day I got a whole desert on Wreckers Yard. Another I got Groaning Storehouse with Jungle Gym into Killer shack into two good loops, into the Storehouse.

• thefallenloserthefallenloser Member Posts: 1,227

Still don't get why people are trying to analyze Sluzzy like they aren't obviously trolling. Just look at their prior posts.

Although I would definitely still be annoyed and a killer as strong Blight doesn't need a mega slowdown build. Personally with my killers I run one regression perk. And get a little more creative.

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 2,952

missed ya sweet cheeks :)

But yeah I do agree to some extent for once. Against a solo q team these perks are overkill. SWF its manageable