Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Am I looking wrong?

TauNkosiTauNkosi Member Posts: 282
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

I watch all these YouTubers and streamers play the game. I see how they loop and juke the killer, taking them on long chases. I try to learn from the and copy what they do but it never seems to work. I keep getting down a minute into chases no matter what I do unless I drop every pallet early. Killers just always seem to catch up to me like it's nothing but when I watch others loop the killer, it's like they never bloodlust and make every possible mistake, swinging at every window and pallet. Am I doing something wrong? I want to get better at looping. There are times I do have my moments but those are so far in between they might as well not exist.

Comments

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 3,256

Did you know that even if you drop every pallet on the map early, as long as you don't go down that you've given your team enough time to finish all the generators?

The only time a pallet is really wasted is if you take a hit and drop the pallet at the same time. Even if you end up using all the pallets on the map your team still has window tiles and if they don't have all the generators done by then, they weren't going to do the generators anyway.

It comes with experience. I've seen chases and been like wow I wish that person would have lasted at least a minute. Don't be too hard on yourself.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Some looping tips are universal, like hugging the loop tightly, judging distance etc. But a lot of it is dynamic and you'll have to learn what will work and what won't on the fly. The killers you're playing against will fall for different things the killers that YouTubers are playing against and vice versa, so you have to switch it up based on who you're playing against. We call them "mindgames" for a reason.

But sometimes you will just get wrecked by crap map RNG no matter how well you play, it happens.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,554

I do recommend watching streamers and content creators, but you have to actually think about what they're thinking sometimes. They don't just loop a tile and that's it. They react to the killer's they're looping. If the killer is unpredictable, they have to change up their routing. If you have some distance between you and the killer when you get to a loop, you can loop it optimally and probably not get hit, but if they're right behind you when you get to a loop you're either gonna have to drop the pallet early or be greedy and get hit there. Just one example of many.

• TauNkosiTauNkosi Member Posts: 282

"Take a hit and drop the pallet at the same time."

The amount of times I've been hit while dropping a pallet isn't funny. I just can never time it right.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

You're dropping it too late. You're either not reacting fast enough or you're being too greedy with your looping and have to judge the distance between you and the killer better (this actually takes a while to learn because you need to factor in the killer speed, abilities, bloodlust, size of the loop, how well you're both cutting corners etc...but you eventually get the hang of it. The killer model can also play a factor, eg it's harder to judge distance on Freddy and hag because they're small and their lunge distance, animation and models aren't accurate with their hitboxes and speed whatsoever). Pallet stuns have also been 'buffed' recently, and they happen very quick now, almost the instant you start the throwing animation.

• papabear2009papabear2009 Member Posts: 115

Some of these content creators are really freaking good like Otz, Dowsy, and Truetalent. So almost all of their gameplay looks like the other side are children lol. Just keep it up and continue to learn, you can do it!

• papabear2009papabear2009 Member Posts: 115

Some of these content creators like Otz, Dowsy, Truetalent are really freaking good at the game so a lot of their gameplay will look like they are just rekting children. Just keep it up, continue to watch, practice what you watch and you will get better. You can do it!