Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Create Your Own Perk

Comments

• DCh4rlieDCh4rlie Member Posts: 62

Now I know this is a bit of a spicy one.

Survivor Perk: Now we're even.

Gain one token for each safe unhook up to a maxmimum of 3 tokens.

In a chase, while looking at one of your fellow teammates up to a maximum distance of 12m, press the active ability button (E) to tag the teammate.

The aura of the tagged survivor will be shown to the killer for 3s.

Tagging a teammate will cost one token.

... Yes, I really REALLY don't like Blendettes :D

• Frontdoor6Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609
    edited May 2021

I don't know if anyone used this yet, but here's mine

Killer Perk: Think Ahead

The perk has 2 tokens at Tier 1, 3 tokens at Tier 2, and 4 tokens at Tier 3

"At the start of the match, the perk has the number of tokens depending on the Tier. With these tokens, the killer is able to destroy a pallet before it is thrown down. Destroying a unused pallet consumes a token. Once all tokens are used, the perk is deactivated."

Alternative idea: The Token maximum is 3 and a token can be reclaimed by destroying 2 downed pallets.

• TwitchyMikeTwitchyMike Member Posts: 759
    edited May 2021

Not sure if there is one similar to this yet in this thread but I'm not gonna read 9 pages ATM while I am at work lol xD. Ahem... Ill read them soon! Okay I am making this up literally right now so I know the seconds and meters need to be tweaked.

Perk Name - Blending In.

Perk Description - Your travels through the fog have taught you how to blend in to your surroundings. You're acute understanding of the fog and studying it has given you the ability to hide in plain sight finding pockets of fog.

After 6/5/4 seconds of staying still and being 3/2/1 meters or more away from the killer after pressing "E" "Blending In" activates nearly becoming invisible to the killer.

However Stillness Crows are drawn to your presence quicker and bring the noise indicator after 20/30/40 seconds being idle in one spot too long instantly giving you 3 Stillness Crows. The Stillness Crows remain until you're put into the dying state.

Blending In can only be used again after being unhooked or unhooking yourself. (So for a total of 3 uses)

My idea for this perk just came to me as I was thinking if there was a fun way to incorporate a perk that works with the fog itself and as a penalty uses the pesky crows as a cost to using this crazy idea for a perk lol. I might even make a whole survivor 3 perk build for this too lol.

Post edited by TwitchyMike on

I can see why you would feel this way. But it is a simple and very effective business strategy. Getting your clients feedback is key and getting fresh ideas from your player base is amazing! And people who want to keep their ideas for themselves are free to not share. W

ho knows the product just as much as the person making it? The person using it! Now of course if I was the developers of DBD and saw someone post a great idea I would make sure to praise them for it and even offer them a unique in game skin for example or any type of reward for the great idea. I would even go far enough as to scout them out if they continuously were exceptional with their creativity and look into possibly having an interview with this client.

Unfortunately and I'm not saying this about DBD but there are many companies out there that don't praise there fan base enough so again I can see why you would say this. But it's fun to just kick the can around with everyone here and bounce around ideas and hope we see something a customer suggested get put into the game :)

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,608

Well aren’t you a sunshine? :D

this thread was freely created by a forum member and not by BHVR. Giving feedback and suggestions is also something done in every gaming forum.. and there are tons of creative and fun suggestions in the ‚Share your work‘ section but the devs are still creating their own content…

and DbD isn’t ‚charging‘ anyone ‚out the arse‘. Every original chapter can easily be bought with shards which you just accumulate by playing. And skins are completely optional and can also be bought by shards in most cases… literally no one forced you to spend more money on this game than what you have to spend on the base game and maybe licensed chars, but you surely understand why they cost money right?

• TheStabbiNAngeLTheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    edited May 2021

How how about you make a perk that block's the exits for 10 seconds ,since survivors attend to just troll the killer at the end of the game. It's pretty unfair considering how fast gens get done and toxic survivors like to just sit and t-bagg you and I'm talking about the threshold when the door is open, if there injured why do they get that privilege why do they get a free taunt when all the did was run the killer for three minutes mind you have gotten two or three hooks in that time so the perk should activate at least on 4 or 5 hooks,and block's the threshold for 10 seconds on a basic attack.

edited May 2021

Kind of already have this!

No Way out

After hooking a Survivor for the first time, No Way Out gains a token. When the last generator is repaired, The Entity blocks both exit gate switches for 10 seconds, plus an additional 4 seconds for each token in your possession.

And...

BLOOD WARDEN

As soon as at least one Exit Gate 

is opened, Blood Warden activates.

• The Auras 
    •  of Survivors standing within the Exit-Gate area are revealed to you.

Once per Trial, hooking a Survivor while Blood Warden is active calls upon The Entity 

to block the exits for all Survivors for 30/40/60 seconds.

edited May 2021

No way out is a trickster perk yes. And blood warden is a Nightmare perk. There's a build to use both of these perks also along with Remember me which is also a nightmare perk. It's kind of a meme build but I'm currently trying to go for it. Of course any killer can do that build of course.

• TheStabbiNAngeLTheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Oh okay Thank you ,I haven't purchased Trickster yet ,but I'm going to when ,I get paid .

It's funny I haven't seen one person talk about it or run No Way Out ,but I seriously need a perk like that.

Ya I have actually been researching DBD day in and Day out while at work lol. So even though I just started playing DBD since the 4th anniversary event I have learned some things pretty quickly. I like the idea of the end game build too.

• Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Survivor Perk: Unity

Life is full with dangerous but for you and your allies, that is not problem.

When within 10 metres of a carried Survivor, killer will lose %5, 6, 7 movement speed.

• SavageKukriSavageKukri Member Posts: 15

Perk: body guard

You know the dangers others have to face, and you will do anything to protect them

When within 2/4/8 meters of an injured survivor in a chase, Body Guard activates.

While active, press the Active Ability button to dash backwards, stunning the killer for 3 seconds.

Causes the Exhausted effect for 60/50/40 seconds

Body Guard cannot be used while Exhausted

Like if you like idk

• DeviriDeviri Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2021

This website is very helpful if you want to mock up a perk.

Edit: I just wanted something that might stop tunneling.

• GGSlushyGGSlushy Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2021

Killer

Hex: Counterfeit

For every other Hex perk you have equipped, Hex: Counterfeit will convert a Dull totem into a fake Hex totem to a maximum of 1/2/3.

As the killer you will see 3/2/1 of the fake Hex totem(s) aura.

If Hex Counterfeit is cleansed all dull totems and fake totems get broken except hex totems.

I think this a pretty cool idea for defending multiple totems and not just one of them with undying... and ofcourse its named coutnerfeit because its op but if you get caught you are dead, thats why ALL totems get cleansed except hex totems (you get why its counterfeit)

• GatoIsBoredGatoIsBored Member Posts: 6

Haven't figured out exactly how to balance this, or how to name it, but I have had this thought for a while now.

Essentially it's a perk where when you vault a window, or a pallet towards the killer, you stun them for a few seconds. However, I would think this would come with a token system, where you'd have to earn a token to get it, and it's limited to a certain amount of tokens. After you used all of them, you can't use it anymore. Y'all are welcome to nerf it if you want.

• ShyPirateShyPirate Member Posts: 235

Survivor Perk: Magician's Assistant

Years of training in the art of stage illusion allows you to hide in plain sight, even in small spaces

Each time the killer opens an empty locker, gain a token up to a maximum of 1/2/3 tokens. When the killer opens a locker you are hiding in, consume one token. The locker will appear empty to the killer when a token is consumed.

"Nothing up my sleeve"

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 1,235

Killer Perks

Anxious Pursuit:

* Breaking a pallet, generator, or wall grants you the haste status effect for 8/10/12 seconds. (5% increase in movement speed).

* You do not lose bloodlust when performing these actions.

Blind Eye:

* Each Time a totem is cleansed you gain the undetectable status effect for 25/35/45 seconds.

* Hex Totems you have will appear as dull totems for survivors.

Hemophobia:

* Survivors who are in the injured state have their healing speed and healing efficiency reduced by 16/18/20%. This effect does not stack with other perks.

Survivor Perks:

Locked Grip:

* Killers carrying a Survivor within a 8 meter range of you cannot willingly drop survivors.

* When the Killer loses a Survivor they are carrying their stun time is reduced by 30/25/20%.

Soul Bond:

* Reveals the aura of the obsession to you for the remainder of the trial.

* Increase you healing, repairing, vaulting, and sabotaging speed by 4/5/6% when you’re within a 16 meters range of the obsession.

• Revolver_OcelotRevolver_Ocelot Member Posts: 92

Idea I had for Slenderman if he was a Killer:

Paranoia: The myths that surround you invade the minds of the feeble making your prey easy to manipulate. Standing still for 2 seconds during a chase activates this perk. Once activated your red stain remains in the spot facing the same direction you were while standing still. Gain the undetectable status effect for 5 seconds, after which you regain the red stain. This perk has a cooldown of 60/75/90 seconds.

False Hope: Your enigmatic presence deceives your quarry now and forever more. Survivors cannot see progress bars when repairing, healing, sabotaging, cleansing, rescuing other survivors, disarming traps, opening chests, or opening exit gates while outside the Killer's terror radius.

HEX: Grave Peril: Intruders of your domain show no mercy and neither will you. Injured survivors that perform rushed actions suffer from the Broken status effect for 15 seconds. This effect does not effect survivors already suffering from the Broken status effect.

• ItsKermitItsKermit Member Posts: 1

Survivor

Tech Help

The first chest that you open will always have a Commodious Toolbox. The toolbox will also come with Instructions so the generator won't give skill checks until the toolbox is worn out.

(I couldn't think of a good name)

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,606

I think I thought of a decent hex perk actually:

Hex: Bone Voyage

Cleansing this Hex revives all totems(as dull, hex totems gone are still gone forever), places all totems randomly on the map as if the map just started. If its the first totem to be cleansed, adds 3 dull totems and resets itself(bypassing Undying ofcourse, which can be repeated untill all totem spots are filled).

This totem could make hex builds a potential living hell, without actually making hexes themselves broken. It would give more use to Undying, while also making Thrill potentially the strongest hex protection in the game, gives survivors more reason to do dull totems before they dare touch a hex totem as if they found 2 hex totems at the same time, it could potentially mean their discovered totem disappears and moves to another spot. The danger, ofcourse, is that a well hidden hex might put out in the open. Other than that, it's actually a hex you want to be cleansed.

• DarkJokerOfAmuroDarkJokerOfAmuro Member Posts: 81

There night be something ssimilar to this so not sure but not gonna read the back pages cause too long lol.... but i got an idea while ago when thinking of the mechaninc of Old Ruin, if i had to change and make a new perk for nurse originally and THEN changed it a bit when i saw that Trickster got a Hex version of Bamboozle so i figuredy why not a version of Sloppy?

Hex: Malicious Malpractice

When Active, Survivors who become injured from a basic attack suffer from both moderate amounts of hemorrhage and an extra Mangled status (basically 1.3 times or so stronger than normal mangled ). While also healing yourself or an injured survivor, good skill checks will give 6/7/8 % regression and great skill checks will offer 0% progression. Failed skill checks give an extra 1% regression. Any survivors healed to healthy will still suffer a "slightly" hemorrhage status while hex is still active. Skill check regression does not occur when trying to heal survivors in the dying state. if any survivor were injured and hex becomes broke, they only suffer normal bleeding and a normal mangled till fully healed.

• DarkJokerOfAmuroDarkJokerOfAmuro Member Posts: 81

Thought i posted it and it seemed to have been deleted?? anyway not sure if there's a similar idea but yeah thought of this idea awhile ago and tried to work its mechanic.

Hex: Malicious Malpractice

When Active, Survivors who become injured from a basic attack suffer from both extra moderate amounts of hemorrhage and an extra Mangled status (basically 1.3 times or so stronger than normal mangled ). While also healing yourself or an injured survivor, good skill checks will give 6/7/8 % regression and great skill checks will offer 0% progression. Failed skill checks give an extra 1% regression. Any survivors healed to healthy will still suffer a "slightly" hemorrhage status while hex is still active. Skill check regression does not occur when trying to heal survivors in the dying state. if any survivor were injured and hex becomes broke, they only suffer normal bleeding and a normal mangled till fully healed.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,778

An Alan Wake perk:

Bring the Light: You know the power light holds is key to facing the darkness.

The perk becomes active once you have done 80%/70%/65% of a generator. The next time you complete a gen, a radius of 16m/16m/20m around the gen brightens up more than usual for 1 second. Any killer within that radius will be blinded and spun around. Once used, the perk becomes inactive until charged again.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,778

A Magnus Archive survivor - Jonathan Sims:

In short, an archivist who has certqin supernatural powers linked to an entity called "The Beholding"

#1. Persona: You are able to take on characteristics of those who give you statements.

When you finish a healing action on another survivor, you are able to know 1/2/3 of their perks. - Starting those you may not have. You also gain the power of one of those perks for 40/50/60 seconds, effectively giving a temporary 5th perk.

#2. Compulsion: You are able to compel others to give statements, willingly or otherwise. - When you are hit by the killer, you are able to see 1 killer perk. This can happen 1/2/3 times throughout the trial. There is a 60 second cooldown between uses, and cannot be activated when the survivor has the "Endurance" status.

#3. Knowing: You are able to know certain things without prior knowledge. - At the start of the trial, the aura of the killer and survivors are shown to you. You will also see 1/2/3 treasure chests and the item within. The effect vanishes after 4/6/8 seconds.

• Lunchbox8404Lunchbox8404 Member Posts: 1

Survivor

Decisive Kick

while in second phase of being hooked, forfeit chance to struggle activating decisive kick

Decisive Kick when active you forfeit chance to struggle, in an attempt to kick the Killer and "stun" them... the camping bastard!. award %150 boldness bloodpoints for being a bad ass on the way out

• arturradukevicarturradukevic Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2021

You have a abittite for totems that fill you with gas.

When you break a hex Let it RIP first ability actives get in a locker killer takes you out hit the skill check to fart stunning the killer for 3 seconds first part of perk deactivates via worktime. For every other dying/hooked survivors, gain an additional 6/8/10% chance to self unhook. self unhooking applies any unhooking perks equipped to you.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,608