Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 2.4.0 PTB

Why?

TheMadDoctorTheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
What's the point of doing PTB's, there's no incentive to do the ptbs cause any blood points we get in ptb aren't given to our actual saves when it's over...what's even the point?

Comments

• TheMadDoctorTheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

Early hands on to new content, aiding in adding polish, and becoming the envy of people who cannot PTB?
    Off the top of my head.

Not really good points, and dude literally anyone can PTB I'm mostly talking about investment, any progress you make in a ptb isn't refunded....so no actual good reason to do it.
    edited November 2018
    not_Queen said:

@Rebel_Raven listed the 2 more important reasons why players are playing the PTB, early access to content and aiding in adding polish. Right now, the Player Test Build is successful solely on the motivation of a part of the player base. We do have a backlog task that is to give some kind of reward to testers, however, it is not being worked on right now.

Alrighty, I appreciate the response, despite that, would make more sense for ptb players to get bloodpoints to help really test out the new killer and survivor? If we're bug hunting and polishing why not give ptb players resources to test every part of a killer? I am at the high red ranks, (I don't like it up here.) and It's painful to have to grind just to break into a killer to really test em out. @not_Queen

Post edited by TheMadDoctor on
  • Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,638
    Its like voting really that's how I look at it... i wish i could get in on the ptb but alas im on PS4........ which reminds me @not_Queen is the optimization on pace for DEC? I'm kinda worried how the new graphics are going to effect FPS for console 

@Bravo0413 said:
    Its like voting really that's how I look at it... i wish i could get in on the ptb but alas im on PS4........ which reminds me @not_Queen  is the optimization on pace for DEC? I'm kinda worried how the new graphics are going to effect FPS for console 

true...still I am wanting to test the new killer, and I can't since im in red ranks, (at 3 currently,) and I've been waiting for five minutes...still no survivors.

• XoilicecXoilicec Member Posts: 9

@FlaffyWaffle said:
    Three words Please Buff Freddy

Please Buff Legion
    Fixed that for you.

@Xoilicec said:

@FlaffyWaffle said:

Please Buff Legion
    Fixed that for you.

yeah cause I cant get a grip on him because of the fact I cant get matches often in the PTB I uninstalled, I'm done.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

To test the new mechanics before it goes to live?

Ihatelife said:

To test the new mechanics before it goes to live?

I can't XD the que times for me are way too long so I can't.
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@TheMadDoctor said:

Get a group to play KYF with.

Orion said:

@TheMadDoctor said:

Get a group to play KYF with.

I tried, didn't work out at all.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@TheMadDoctor Well you should count your blessings that at least you can play test the ptb unlike the console users.

powerbats said:

@TheMadDoctor Well you should count your blessings that at least you can play test the ptb unlike the console users.

Not really man, The total waiting time for my matches today was roughly about 20 minutes....that was a total of 2 matches.
  • FlaffyWaffleFlaffyWaffle Member Posts: 5

@Xoilicec said:

@FlaffyWaffle said:

Please Buff Legion
    Fixed that for you.

That also

• FlaffyWaffleFlaffyWaffle Member Posts: 5

@TheMadDoctor said:
    FlaffyWaffle said:

Oy oy, get out of here, devs already are trying to do that.

Sorry I didn’t know

@TheMadDoctor said:

I'll group up with you.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@TheMadDoctor said:
    powerbats said:

Not really man, The total waiting time for my matches today was roughly about 20 minutes....that was a total of 2 matches.

If your playing killer then that's to be expected since everyone wants to try the new killer, go play survivor it's instant lobbies within seconds.

Orion said:

@TheMadDoctor said:

I'll group up with you.

That's sweet of ya, although I am only gonna be playing killer.
    powerbats said:

@TheMadDoctor said:
    powerbats said:

If your playing killer then that's to be expected since everyone wants to try the new killer, go play survivor it's instant lobbies within seconds.

....dude I don't play survivor unless with friends, solo it's always killer. I have no interest in playing survivor in ptb.

@TheMadDoctor said:

There's your problem; you're not willing to play Survivor for a few rounds and rotate with everyone who wants to play Killer.

Orion said:

@TheMadDoctor said:

There's your problem; you're not willing to play Survivor for a few rounds and rotate with everyone who wants to play Killer.

Noooooo if we did KYF swapping out is fair, the two matches I had were literally me going solo and the wait time for those was close to a half hour. How does two matches even help me get that juicy feel for da sexy Legion?

@TheMadDoctor said:
    Noooooo if we did KYF swapping out is fair, the two matches I had were literally me going solo and the wait time for those was close to a half hour. How does two matches even help me get that juicy feel for da sexy Legion?

...Yes, it would be KYF, like I said when I first addressed you.

• TaretsuTaretsu Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2018

Although I don't agree with OP's premise, I do however think that in the spirit of aiding beta testing, all accounts could receive a 1 mil BP cap in the PTB account everytime it is made accesible (as it won't affect the normal account anyway).

edit: I know you can KYF, IF you have friends online...

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Taretsu said:

Although I don't agree with OP's premise, I do however think that in the spirit of aiding beta testing, all accounts could receive a 1 mil BP cap in the PTB account everytime it is made accesible (as it won't affect the normal account anyway).

edit: I know you can KYF, IF you have friends online...

That would be a really good idea.

All survivors run into the PTB with their best items and offerings since progress doesn't save.

Meanwhile a lot of killers go in without any significant BP stored. So at the moment you see so many Legion's with 1 level 1 perk and no add ons which will obviously make the killer seem underpowered and gen rushed.

If they made all perks unlocked and gave some BP for add-ons  people could really test out builds and see what potential the new killers really have.
  • tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

@not_Queen

Can we just get infinite blood points during PTB for debug testing purposes? I mean, that's the whole point of testing, right? To see what's broken.

• akbays35akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@not_Queen said:
    @Rebel_Raven listed the 2 more important reasons why players are playing the PTB, early access to content and aiding in adding polish. Right now, the Player Test Build is successful solely on the motivation of a part of the player base. We do have a backlog task that is to give some kind of reward to testers, however, it is not being worked on right now.

Is there anyway that the devs can make a kyf mode tied into matchmaking so they can have the strongest perks of the new killer and survivor and playtest without having to grind? Like even most streamers just go into kyf with other streamers just to get matches and test the map/survivor/killer.