Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.4.0 PTB

Legion - the good the bad and the fix(?)

crocolifecrocolife Member Posts: 9
edited November 2018 in 2.4.0 PTB

Hey there dbd team,

After playing a lot on the ptb i decided to write my feedback on the legion (I'm sorry for my poor english but i hope you will get my points)

The good:
The rage of the Legion feels fast and fun. The feeling of being able to chain your attacks is a good one and in the beginning you actually feel like you have an impact on the game as you can hit many survivors in a very short period of time.

The bad:
Hits don't mean anything in this game as long as you are not able to down survivors and that's where the Legion struggles most. You have many injured survivors but at last you won't be able to down anybody as you will get looped for a very long time due to the movementspeed of 110%.
As survivor you don't feel pressured to heal as you are basicly safe as long as a pallet is nearby so the killer doesn't even waste time by hitting them with the rage. So in the end the rage feels like a useless tool as it doesn't help you to down a survivor.

The fix (?): Getting stronger by chaining attacks
As many of the people here I don't want to see you guys to release a weak killer and we want to appreciate your work for the community.
That's why my fix tries to emphasize the good and fun things about the legion: The chain attacks.
In my opinion the chain attacks should reward you for hitting multiple people (so to do the thing the killer instinct tries to encourage you)

First hit in a chain attack: Inflicts deep wounds
Second hit in a chain attack: Inflicts deep wounds + 25% less blood left
Third hit in a chain attack: Inflicts deep wounds + 50% less blood left
Fourth hit in a chain attack: Instantly downs a Survivor

Sounds strong? Yes! But you can counterplay as survivor by not sticking together against the Legion.

Let's have some Examples:
The Legion finds 2 Survivor close together
First Survivor gets a hit and deep Wounds; 2nd Survivor will get 2nd and 3rd hit and so has 25% blood left; rage ends

Legion finds 3 Survivors close together
First Survivor first hit, 2nd gets 2nd hit, 3rd gets 3rd and fourth hit and gets downed by the fourth hit.

In this way the Legion is a threat to groups of survivors but not a real threat to single survivors.

Numbers are just examples and could be tweaked.

I hope you like the idea of getting stronger by chaining attacks.

Have a nice day.

Post edited by crocolife on

Comments

• MortethMorteth Member Posts: 42

This could just be it! I love this idea

• Vadim239Vadim239 Member Posts: 217

Ardetha told a lot about disadvantages of a new killer

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,804
    Would be cool, another thing they can just do is if you strike a player who is injured without the deep wound status effect while you're in frenzy they get downed instead of getting deep wound and since you didn't get deep wound, you don't see the heart beats.
  • Vadim239Vadim239 Member Posts: 217

very reasonable and proving his point. I agree with Ardetha in all of it

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,398
    Okay but this doesn't fix the problem of downing..... it doesn't matter how much blood loss they receive like you said they can stay near a pallet and mend wait for the chase to start and you're good..... 115% is needed 
  • SpikeyBiscuitSpikeyBiscuit Member Posts: 38
    I really feel like giving the killer 115 means he'll use just his normal attack to down mostly and his special ability will be kinda useless except to initially damage someone once. That's not fun. His perk should be what's buffed so there's a point to playing this killer over every single other killer that already exists
  • IncarnateIncarnate Member Posts: 630

I think the real issue lies with the deep wound mechanics, pure and simple.
    However the power does need some tweaks as well, the chaining of attacks seems like a good tweak, but I think it needs more than that. Besides, it's currently nothing more than a blatant rehashed reuse of the spirits power with a few additions and alterations.

• thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,157
    Would be cool, another thing they can just do is if you strike a player who is injured without the deep wound status effect while you're in frenzy they get downed instead of getting deep wound and since you didn't get deep wound, you don't see the heart beats.
    Yes. Your frenzy is not lethal only if they are deeply wounded.