Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 2.4.0 PTB

you're playing Legion wrong, and here is why

bigemu1bigemu1 Member Posts: 6
edited December 2018 in 2.4.0 PTB

DELETE - DUPLICATE THREAD

Post edited by bigemu1 on

Comments

• bigemu1bigemu1 Member Posts: 6

Note: I've also found that Monitor and Abuse is almost a requirement on this killer. Monitor and Abuse allows your terror radius to be small enough to guarantee a stealthy approach like the Wraith, and guarantees the first hit instantly. It also expands your terror radius after the first hit to the exact appropriate distance to find nearby survivors.

If you add Distressing, the terror radius will be too large and survivors outside a reasonable distance that are not worth pursing will show up on the HUD, and distract you (tunnel the first survivor instead).

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,638
    Another note that janik confirmed in another thread... when killers instinct triggers legions TR is increased to 32 meters so that would mean that you have a 40meter TR to work with 
  • lordhelioslordhelios Member Posts: 63

Or if you can’t keep up just follow but not chase let deep wounds finish them.

• Th3NightmareTh3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,134

@bigemu1 said:

HOW TO TUNNEL A SURVIVOR WITH LEGION

(a step-by-step guide for scrubs)

Step 1 - Injure the survivor with Deep Wound. This is free, and instant. It's the fastest injury in the game. You're already halfway to downing this person with no effort.
    Step 2 - Use your speed boost to catch up to the survivor. This happens almost immediately also. Boy that's nice and fast.
    Step 3 - DO NOT HIT THE SURVIVOR WITH A 2ND DEEP WOUND LIKE A SCRUB! You can do it. I have faith in you. I know it's tempting to swing. They are right there! SO JUICY!
    Step 4 - End the ability when on top of the survivor, or get in front of them and body block - wait WHAT! But... but... the cool down. Yeah, well. Guess who else has a similar cool down? The Wraith's wailing bell.
    Step 5 - Close the gap. Yes, believe it or not, you can still chase survivors down with 110% movement speed. No it is not impossible. Yes it takes a bit longer. But you're literally already over halfway to downing this survivor with almost no time invested.
    Step 6 - Hit the survivor with a normal attack.
    Step 7 - Hook your prey.

You should only do the steps above once you have injured all the survivors in the surrounding area. If the survivor is by himself, then just tunnel.

I"m honestly tired of seeing scrub killers spam Deep Wound, give the survivor a free speed boost + attack cool down + ability cool down, then whine about how "underpowered" this killer is. You're using the killer wrong. Every single killer in this game, with the exception of the Nurse, still relies on a base attack to down survivors. Deep Wound is not designed to be easy mode for bad killers, and no ability should be designed to just be spammed. The Hag, The Huntress, and the Spirit all have 110% movement speed. All of those killers still rely on the base attack in some way, and do not simply ability spam 100% of the time.

The only useful change might be to give the killer 112.5% movement speed, but it may end up overpowered. Try playing the killer correctly first before buffing and potentially overpowering this killer.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/home/leaving?target=https://clips.twitch.tv/PlainSpinelessPeanutNinjaGrumpy

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,734

I'm surprised no one said this earlier. There are even addons to reduce the cooldown.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    bigemu1 said:

Step 1 - Injure the survivor with Deep Wound. This is free, and instant. It's the fastest injury in the game. You're already halfway to downing this person with no effort.
    Step 2 - Use your speed boost to catch up to the survivor. This happens almost immediately also. Boy that's nice and fast.
    Step 3 - DO NOT HIT THE SURVIVOR WITH A 2ND DEEP WOUND LIKE A SCRUB! You can do it. I have faith in you. I know it's tempting to swing. They are right there! SO JUICY!
    Step 4 - End the ability when on top of the survivor, or get in front of them and body block - wait WHAT! But... but... the cool down. Yeah, well. Guess who else has a similar cool down? The Wraith's wailing bell.
    Step 5 - Close the gap. Yes, believe it or not, you can still chase survivors down with 110% movement speed. No it is not impossible. Yes it takes a bit longer. But you're literally already over halfway to downing this survivor with almost no time invested.
    Step 7 - Hook your prey.

You should only do the steps above once you have injured all the survivors in the surrounding area. If the survivor is by himself, then just tunnel.

I"m honestly tired of seeing scrub killers spam Deep Wound, give the survivor a free speed boost + attack cool down + ability cool down, then whine about how "underpowered" this killer is. You're using the killer wrong. Every single killer in this game, with the exception of the Nurse, still relies on a base attack to down survivors. Deep Wound is not designed to be easy mode for bad killers, and no ability should be designed to just be spammed. The Hag, The Huntress, and the Spirit all have 110% movement speed. All of those killers still rely on the base attack in some way, and do not simply ability spam 100% of the time.

The only useful change might be to give the killer 112.5% movement speed, but it may end up overpowered. Try playing the killer correctly first before buffing and potentially overpowering this killer.

Use the reduce cooldown add ons to make this work
  • RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

Do we really need to tell you why this is not working outside of yellow ranks?

• PebblesPebbles Member Posts: 29

@RSB said:

Seriously though, this barely justifies a response. Even mid-ranks do not allow you to play this way.

The fact that this and using the DWE timer reduction add-ons are the only two strategies that can even begin to work is very telling.

• IncarnateIncarnate Member Posts: 677

@RSB said:

I think you have to, since it seems the OP doesn't seem to think that there is a problem with the legions power.
    There are various issues with its power, and is quite underwhelming, unfortunately. There is a reason why so many are saying the power is weak, it's because it currently is. Though it does have a lot of potential, despite the fact that it's just a blatant rehashed reuse of another power with a few additions and alterations.

@Incarnate said:

@RSB said:

I think you have to, since it seems the OP doesn't seem to think that there is a problem with the legions power.
    There are various issues with its power, and is quite underwhelming, unfortunately. There is a reason why so many are saying the power is weak, it's because it currently is. Though it does have a lot of potential, despite the fact that it's just a blatant rehashed reuse of another power with a few additions and alterations.

To be honest, I do not have time, nor patience to do so again.

I've told people step by step why "Hit & Run" tactic and just normal tactic does not work against survivors with basic knowledge about the game. If he wants - he can look at my posts history.

edited November 2018

Since he made a second thread - I will write it again, damn me.

@bigemu1 said:

If you are extremaly lucky you can hit the second survivor, otherwise - smart ones will just flee/won't group up when facing Legion and you won't hit 2/3/4 of them.

Step 3 - DO NOT HIT THE SURVIVOR WITH A 2ND DEEP WOUND LIKE A SCRUB. You can do it. I have faith in you. I know it's tempting to swing. They are right there! SO JUICY!
    Step 4 - End the ability when on top of the survivor, or get in front of them and body block - wait WHAT! But... but... the cool down. Yeah, well. Guess who else has a similar cool down? The Wraith.

By the time you did this the first survivor already mended. Also you can't "get in front of them and bodyblock" because of one simple reason- you move only 120%MS speed, while they gain 150%MS when you hit them, and then normal 100%, and that just lets you gain enough distance to hit them again, not get in front of them and bodyblock. Also as you mentioned - stun. The survivor gains even more distance.

Step 7 - Hook your prey.

You write it as if it was so easy to chase and down a survivor with 110%MS. No, it is almost impossible against competent, mid-high rank looper. He/she won't let you get to him close, orat least not fast. So tell me - what's the point of using a killer with 110% MS speed while in chase if you can use other, better ones, even damn Freddy?

So, in the case of Legion, you have 2 ways of downing the surv - at the beginning hit as many as you can (useless, because when you chase the last one, the others are already mended) and:
    a) Try to chase him as a 110% MS killer, which is literally pain in the ass and even Freddy can do it better.
    b) Tryhard to hit the surv 4 times with Frenzy attack.

What's the point of doing a) and b)? All killers can do it better, and this is the thing that places him at the bottom of tier list. That's the thing that makes him useless killer made by people, that do not play their own game/don't know anything about it and don't know how is it on mid-high ranks. Things that may work on low ranks (aka hitting multiple survivors with Frenzy, and many of them will just don't remember to mend) won't work on mid-high ranks.

Post edited by RSB on
  • RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,913

Imagine making a forum account just to be so wrong :(