Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Pride charm = Getting camped :/

MineguyMineguy Member Posts: 318

The charm is not even a few hours old and 7/10 matches I got facecamped from a killer who hit the charm all the time.

I really like the charm but I wanna play normally....I'm sad this community has so many homophobic kids in it :/

Comments

• Karao_KeKarao_Ke Member Posts: 1,217

I got facecamped 5 times today (1 was a few games ago) and I wonder if it was for the same reason as they kept hitting me on hook as well. Not sure if it was aimed at the charm though.

I can't believe there's people out there like that. I never would've thought that would be a reason why someone was targeted out of the game until I seen this post. Wow.

• BlindMoleBlindMole Member Posts: 649

If they do that just because of your charm it's a really ######### thing to do....

• NoOneKnowsNovaNoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,351

If they explicitly keep on hitting the charm could it be a bannable offence...?

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 4,555
    edited May 2021

Probably not. Could always claim "I didn't even see the charm" which isn't unrealistic anyway, hence why I suggested teasing out a confession in chat.

• ClarityOfWillClarityOfWill Member Posts: 186

I had a game last night against a spirit who, based on their Steam profile / comments, I'm about 90% certain was tunneling me off hook due to the charm. Thankfully they weren't particularly good and with assistance from my team was able to run her for the full 5 gens and escape. I genuinely hope it was something less nefarious but sadly you never know with this community. Funny thing is the charm is just something that looks cool to me, I'm not part of the LGTB community, just someone who was raised to treat others how I'd like to be treated.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Same, my matches have been exactly like they always are.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,952

You can and should report discriminating comments and hateful profiles to Steam!

• Friendly_BlendetteFriendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,830

Thank god I am a killer main I can run the charm without this #########.

• ClarityOfWillClarityOfWill Member Posts: 186

Already did, but I have no faith of anything being done. There were comments going back to 2018 from people saying they'd reported the user and the account was still active. Still, Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I played for about four hours last night into this morning. I can't report any differences as survivor or killer, as I played both roughly equally.

One of my matches DID involve a hardcore face camper but then he let me go as the last survivor (I think it's because I stopped opening the exit gate when he approached and bowed as if to say "go ahead, take the win". I think I got lucky with that, he probably would have killed me otherwise).

So no, my first few hours of playing with the charm made no difference. To be honest, as killer I didn't notice the charms at all, Pride or otherwise.

• Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,792

I have the charm on my Legion hook, I didn't even use the Legion's power the whole match, yet I still had a Meg (also wearing the charm) running at me with their Endurance from BT when I tried to go for the unhooker, and hiding in a locker to hit me with DS when I tried calling their bluff.

Assholes will still be #########

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Fluffed pillows. Fresh sheets. Warm blanket. Lovely.

• MineguyMineguy Member Posts: 318

Well they looked directly where the charm is and hit all the time from that side.

thats concerning and hopefully you were just unlucky with your matches and this won’t be a general issue.

but I guess such people are easy to bait something out of in the end game chat, just mildly tease them for example that they needed to facecamp you because you outplayed them so hard. They will probably want to correct you ;)

• TicTacTicTac Member Posts: 2,228

Imo there needs to be more evidence to ban someone. Its not my problem bc i never hit people on the hook but i think clearer evidence is needed. Most will admit it in chat anyway.

That’s the thing though.. apparently those killer players stop playing the actual game and start to concentrate on such things and only target according to that.

This was a thing before, for example killers singling out characters that are people of color. And it was always against game rules and reportable/bannable with sufficient proof.

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 5,067

I didn't notice any difference.

• HawkAyeTheNooHawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 726

I'd be really surprised if the charm was the reason, a very very tiny minority may do this but most wont care or even be able to see the charm.

Im probably good for getting minimum 5 facecamps/beaten on the hook a day, i think if i put the charm on i'll still be good for my 5 a day.

Weirdly i enjoy it, if i didnt get it id think i was playing the game wrong. Get the gens done team, me and the killer are sharing a moment lol.