Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Stop saying killers are tunneling/camping you because of the Pride Charm.

Sup3rCatTreeSup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Camping/tunneling is a strategy and has been done for a long time. Just because a charm is in the game doesn't mean you can blame killers for camping you because of the charm. People are using this as an excuse to attack killers for playing the game.

The only time you can say the killer tunneled you because of the charm is if the killer said something about it in the chat and criticized you. You cant start doing that, it's going to ruin the game for everyone

I have been wearing the charm and my games haven't changed, I get tunneled and I don't blame it on the charm. I say "Hmmm maybe the killer is playing the game and not doing it because of my charm"

Post edited by Sup3rCatTree on

Comments

• Sup3rCatTreeSup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

I have seen posts here about killers tunneling because of the charm, so I thought I would address it. Heres one, https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/253278/pride-charm-getting-camped#latest

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,741

Oh trust me I'm well aware that there are always a bad bunch no matter the community and you cant judge others because of the select few, so dont worry about that lol. Sorry about your past btw but dont worry I'll rock what charms and cosmetics I see fit XD

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,487

People are allowed to have complicated feelings about a form of discrimination they've been dealing with their whole lives. What I've mostly seen on the forums is people expressing concern that they'll be treated badly if they wear the pride flag in-game -- which, IMO, is reasonable, since this community's pretty homophobic despite all the LGBT players.

In-game, if someone treats you badly, it's hard to tell why. Which is also often the case in life -- you're left saying, "Did they do that because I'm part of a minority group, or did they do it for another reason?" and you can't ever actually know, and it's very uncomfortable.

I don't think it's fair to say "You have to believe it wasn't discriminatory unless you can absolutely prove it was" because the nature of the problem is that you usually can't prove it absolutely.

Honestly, the healthiest thing would be if we all wore the flag charm all month so no one was singled out, but I doubt that's going to happen.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,598

Unless it's stated in chat, that's hard to prove. Camping is a choice and tunneling is just efficient. Personally my screen is not large enough to really see charms, mostly just roughly shaped dots on a Survivor.

• justalilbit123justalilbit123 Member Posts: 168

That acronym gets longer every day. Case in point, It's actually LGBTQIA2S+ now.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,267
    edited May 2021

You don't really need to say the whole thing. LGBTQ or LGBT+ is fine. Or at least untill a better more efficient acronym comes along.

I love how I posted 2 very clear sentences and somehow you managed to find me saying "I hate how long the acronym is!!" in there.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,267

I'm sorry I didn't mean to talk down to you in anyway. I was just saying that you don't necessarily need to say the full acronym especially because I know how tiresome it can be to say the full thing.

• IIITweedleIIIIIITweedleIII Member Posts: 835

The problem is going to be who it differentiates from the false accusations to the actual true harassment. BHVR is going to have their hands full. Even if it's based on an algorithm determining reports. The spiteful folks who had a bad day. And reports. The claims of hate against the community. The actual reports that are true. The ones playing the game as intended charm or not. It is a small item on a digital character. But it's a large dealing on consequences, on the actions of the player themselves. Because the end result will be a ban. As the answer. Whether they're guilty or not.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Isn't that exactly what you did when you said I was calling you a homophobe, even though that word is nowhere to be found in the comment you quoted?

Oh brother. This isn't remotely worth minutes of my day. Good luck with your anger bud. I'm out.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,940

These false claims of getting called homophobic tend to get really problematic in these discussions. Orion really just gave his take on the acronym stuff and nothing more…

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675
  • UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 749

I knew this was gonna happen as soon as they released those charms. Honesty though charms shouldn't be visible to killers just other survivors imo. Some charms are to bright to be immersed with them.