Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

I wish BBQ was never a perk, and simply built into Bubba’s power.

TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I’m really tired of this perk.

The only reason it was originally implemented was because it was clear how strong Bubba’s power works for hook camping, so let’s give him a more attractive incentive to leave it.

The whole “but BBQ prevents hook camping” is moot at best. The very idea that we would see more hook camping without BBQ is laughable. A killer is either going to camp, or they won’t. Let the idiots hurt their rank and BP gains. It’s irritating how little skill investment killers need to put into hunting/tracking because of a popular perk like BBQ.

It’s lazy. And it can be very frustrating as a survivor, very often, even when attempting to do the right things against BBQ.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• rch614rch614 Member Posts: 551

No. I dont typically camp but I absolutely will if I have no sense of direction on where to go. I NEED the aura reveal to leave the hook otherwise I'll check the closest gens but I'm absolutely not going too far.

BBQ is not a problematic perk. Go hide in a locker, behind a gen, or get good in chases.

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I’m just frustrated. I really hate BBQ. I do (or attempt to do) the right things: reach a locker in time, reposition myself on the generator, try to get within BBQ’s blind spot range, get myself near a loop with a pallet ready for the killer.

But quite often I’m quickly screwed or cucked. I’m tired of the idea that somebody ELSE losing their chase punishes other players. And the part where so many killers are putting in zero mental effort to find survivors.

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,635

I agree that the BBQ aura reveal should be a Bubba passive. More killers should have passive effects that help dictate the flow of the game in a way unique to them. Like how Nemesis has the passive zombies or Freddy passively puts people to sleep or Huntress has a gigantic lullaby. Just being "run around and sometimes fire a hadouken" is bad killer design.

Each killer should warp the game in some way unique to them such that the survivors are feeling their effects when when not being actively chased. Bake (a weaker) Ruin into Hag or self-setting traps into Trapper or an infection 'aura' into Plague or random patches of Torment spawn for Pyramid Head. Each game needs to feel like it's the killer's playground, not just another round of drag-and-drop "generic man with stick and stone run after you"

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416
    edited June 2021

Your majesty, I love me Bubba, but I don't think BBQ being in his kit would discourage facecampers enough.

EDIT: nvm I realized this was a complaint thread about BBQ

Post edited by glitchboi on
  • Grimmy_BluuesGrimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 353

That's a hot take and a half.

You only get aura reading from hooking, which means the perk is rewarding you for doing good, and even then it is a short duration with no other gameplay effect. If lockers are hard to get to, pull a fake-out and run one way for 4 seconds then turn back or even hide your aura behind a gen. It really isn't hard to avoid BBQ, and it's useful for getting into the fun part of the game faster, that being chases.

But this has to be bait, I don't see how people can see BBQ as problematic.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 5,505

Not really.

BBQ is certainly ran because it has the bp bonus on it, but it's also a generally useful perk with the aura reading. You move the bonus bp onto a perk that is basically useless and you won't see it ran anymore than it already is.

All moving the bp bonus would do is make perks like thrilling tremors ran more.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 7,129

This. I would run something more consistent and always active. Like whispers. Or another slowdown perk like corrupt over BBQ

• CoalTowerCoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

Not any MORE, but that perk would have the same usage a BBQ does now.

Most players don't run BBQ for tracking.

• WeenieDogWeenieDog Member Posts: 2,040

BBQ and Thrilling probably takes the most amount of effort to to trigger, because you need to down and hook a survivor compared to Tinker, Whispers, or Discordance that you just get. Besides, a lot of perks for both killer and survivor can be described as "lazy and skill less"

And then there's the strongest tracking perk IMO, Infectious Fright. If you're teammates are struggling with bbq aura's, they have no chance against IF.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

Heres an idea, don't bother hiding. Who cares, even if the killer comes for you that's a very, very good thing. And yeah, there's absolutely loads of counterplay that's pretty easy to do but also.... You should be getting chased and hooked. That's absolutely the right play, hooks need to be spread out.

Or killers could use any of the far better, less recognisable and far less counterable tracking perks available at the cost of their own BP. After all, DbD isn't a hide-and-seek game. If it was, there would be ways of making stealth somewhat difficult that didn't involve perks.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,612

Or simply Thrilling tremors and discordance. But I am a BP slave and therefore BBQ is part of every build on every killer I play, even PH

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 5,505

No it wouldn't.

You are fooling yourself if you think most players only run bbq for bp. The aura reading is a useful effect that makes it worth using. It might not be someone's main motive to using but the aura reading is certainly a factor.

Monstrous Shrine with the bp effect would never have anywhere close to the same usage as current bbq because it is a useless perk itself.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

People regularly run BBQ on the trapper.

A killer who has no effective way of ever using the aura reading making it useless on him.

This means people are literally playing with 3 effective perk slots to get the BP gain bonus

Heck as for your example to the trapper moving the BP to Monstrous shrine would be a buff to it with him with BBQ.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

If we are going to talk about Barbecue & Chili, we should talk about all Aura reading and "tells" on both sides. Why do we have a Terror Radius, a Red Stain, or any ability to get warning other than our own eyes? I'm not advocating removing Barbeque & Chili (or anything really) only saying that singling any of them out is hypocritical. They either ALL go or we shouldn't complain.

Trapper can’t get the max bonus BP unless he hooks all 4 survivors.

Is he just waiting for the other 3 to come to him after his first hook?!

Also, anybody that believes Blight, Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Freddy, Demo, or Oni are only using BBQ for the bonus BP are not being honest with themselves.

• DecisiveDwightDecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593
    edited June 2021

Any killer that says they only run it for BP is lying I've seen killers running it in red ranks they always spin round and look where the survivors are then go off towards them and spirit is the worst culprit of that exact play style hook, check phase repeat. It's boring and unfun for survivors sure hide in a locker but most maps have dead zones where lockers never spawn and when you're there you are guaranteed to be caught with BBQ.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,612

I only run it for BP. Do I look around when I hook someone? Of course lmao, aura reading is a part of that perk and it would be stupid not to use it when you have it.

But I equip it only for BP. Give me the same bonus BP and I will run Thrilling tremors over BBQ anyday

• CoalTowerCoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

LMFAO NOT TRUE

If I wanted tracking I'd run Thrilling or Whispers.

Learn how to get chased. BBQ isn't a problematic perk, and it's weaker than WGLF.

• RumaRuma Member Posts: 2,072