Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Borrowed Time & Bubba

I've noticed in several games, that unhooking someone with borrowed time still gets them killed by Bubba's ability. It does block the first tantrum swing, but then they go down when the second connects. The sprint burst is often insufficient to make enough distance.

A basement Bubba is frustrating enough, so having borrowed time active should at least grant a temporary escape. Maybe the invincibility could last for the whole duration of BT and not be gone after the first hit or have at least a few seconds of i-frames after the first hit. For the duration of the typical M1 swing cooldown for example.

The point of the perk is to prevent being downed instantly after being unhooked, not to delay it by half a second.

What's your opinion on that?

Comments

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 6,026

It's Bubba's power. Some killers have powers that counter certain survivor perks. It used to be that Undetectable and the Oblivious status effect countered Borrowed Time, which meant a bunch of perks and killer powers rendered Borrowed Time useless.

Now, for countering BT, it's just Bubba and... does Oni's Demon Strike still counter Borrowed Time? That's strong, having the only counters to a perk being Bubba and maybe Oni. Even the Exposed status effect doesn't counter BT.

• Toblerone007Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

You should be getting enough distance to make to a window after the first one connects if playing correctly. The perk is already serving its purpose and being granted 12 seconds of unlimited hits is a terrible solution. Imagine the level of body blocking every match because you cannot go down.

Solution here is to not unhook when Bubba is right there and start popping gens. If Bubba wants to win the match, he has to leave the hook.

• whereismykebabwhereismykebab Member Posts: 217

Not quite, vaulting a window will usually get you hit a second time. Yes, invincibility for the whole 12 seconds might be bad, but if it's like for the duration of the typical cooldown, not sure what it's called, the time the killer whipes the weapon after a hit. Basically just enough to block the second swing.

As a solo there is no way of knowing if Bubba is still there or not or maybe waiting just out of range of Kindred. I don't think not unhooking against a Bubba is a good play in general. I was once left dying in the basement while the Bubba was chasing someone on the other side of the map, but the other two assumed he was camping.

• Luciferr_2ndLuciferr_2nd Member Posts: 910

Not that hard - I wish my solo Q teammates knew how to do this :(

• PureHostilityPureHostility Member Posts: 692

You don't understand what "taking the game hostage" is...

It is ANYTHING but what you said. If player whose actions are limited or completely hindered due to actions of another player can finish the game in one way or another without a requirement to forcefully terminate a game by using esc-> leave game or alt +f4, they are not being taken hostage.

Even if sacrifice time would take 30 minutes to complete and you had Bubba camping you for that amount of time, it still wouldn't be the case. As long as at some point game ends by itself (sacrifice, bleed out timer, EGC timer), there is no hostage situation at all.

Stop it.

If you are doing well in a chase you are not going to get downed.

• WexlerWendigoWexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Preventing survivors from being saved and getting altruism points which are crucial to pipping at red ranks is absolutely taking the game hostage. Not talking about proxy camping, but full on face camping with Bubba shouldn’t be allowed, there’s no reason for it and it creates a toxic community.

You can do well in a chase, and still get downed. Bubba shreds through pallets quickly, even if you greed, he takes no skill to play and if you run him around for five gens, there will barely be any pallets in endgame.

• BrhoomBrhoom Member Posts: 238
    edited June 2021

Please stop spewing this nonsense, a camping Bubba getting an early down means an EZ 4k for him with noed and bitter murmur.

Again, this myth of camping means a loss for the killer because the team didn't rush gens is nothing but lies disproven by Otz and multiple forum members here who main Bubba as a camping killer

edited June 2021

You still don't understand what taking the game hostage is.

That's like calling a killer tunneler and face camper because he is still on the same map as you after you were unhooked.

Sucks to be camped, killer wants to kill you and that's it. Let 3 others escape as you buy the time.

I think you feel extreme entitled to things that sometimes may be out of your grasp and you start blaming others or accusing the falsely.

Why are you doing that? What's the point? Are you trying to imitate Sluzzy?

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 14,162

It's an instant de-pip if you counter it.

No shame in admitting you can't.

I hope you realise how condescending you’re coming across. There’s not a dictionary definition of ‘taking the game hostage’, I can believe facecamping Bubba counts for it, you don’t have to.

This has nothing to do w entitlement or feeling that I deserve to escape. There’s a problem in a game where I depip because a LF chases me for five gens, then facecamps me. There’s many simple solutions to fix this, and change it so that at worst the killer can proxy you, and not facecamp. Idc about proxying, but a game that doesn’t punish someone for standing still is just silly.

Devs already stated what it is in one of their ancient twitch streams. So it is You who is skewing its definition.

I also already told you what it is in my first post. You seem just too stubborn to try to understand it.

I think it is, don’t really care if you don’t quite frankly. As I said, there’s no dictionary definition, it is subjective. I don’t think being in favour of a game where killers can stand still is a good hill to die on.

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,747

Well you dont have to get the unhook if hes that close to the hook, it's okay for someone to die at times. But iv had survivors try unhook midchases when I'm bubba, like sorry but I'm gonna capitalize on your bad play... I can't always afford free unhooks

Developers have put many unfair & unfun mechanics in the game over the years, they aren’t infallible. The thing, you’re turning this entire argument to be about a definition, rather than addressing the fact that survivors are being punished for performing well in the chase. It’s fine if you never go down in a chase every game, but 99.9% of people will go down from time to time.

Good for them, doesn’t mean I can’t believe that standing still at the hook as Bubba shouldn’t be allowed. There is a massive difference between camping and standing still at the hook.

You do have to unhook if you want to pip or not depip at red rank lol

Then you're blatantly wrong and refusing factual evidence.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/62203/holding-the-game-hostage/p1

Ergo, your argument has no meaning and is therefore useless.

Enjoy :)

It is exactly the same.

You could argue it is a facecamping, even though it isn't possible anymore since introduction of "rotary hooks".

There is also proxy camping (soft camping) and hard camping. But if you don't like subcategories for camping, standing at the hook or nearby of a hooked person is nothing more but just camping.

That's literally the gaming definition of camping...

What factual evidence? Can you give statistics or reasoning for how BHVR determined what is ‘taking the game hostage’? I’m completely capable of understanding the current rules, I am merely advocating for them to be revisited to create a less toxic game for everyone.

Same as the other guy, you really need to grow up and not be condescending when people disagree with you. :)

Rotary hooks are irrelevant for Bubba, as his attack can cover the entire hook and instadown. Obviously, a face camping Trapper isn’t going to cause the same issue. It’s specifically with Bubba that there is a problem, as a Bubba facecamping on his first down is making it extremely hard for survivors to pip. Killers shouldn’t have this control over the pipping system of the other side.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 7,129

I think bubba just needs a rework. Where his chainsaw can only down one person at a time. Then he gets a cool down. There's no reason he needs to be able to down multiple people in one chainsaw frenzy. Or in this case. Downing the unhooker. Then hitting the unhooker twice before they can barely even move

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,747

Only if you're bad... there are 3 other categories to get emblems in, altruism is the easiest to get up as well so you really wont need to. However players that arent as good tend to constantly go for saves/heals because they struggle with chases and gens

Can’t get altruism or boldness if the killer is standing still on the first hook. I’d love to max chase out every time, but I can’t when killers refuse to chase people other than the hooked person. To pip at red rank, you need to get gold in each category, or equivalent depending on iridescent. It’s the same nonsense as a killer spawning in and being afk the whole time, you have to go around cleansing dull totems and run around the killer to not depip.

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 837

Ah yes, the usual Bubba complain.

Tell then, oh survivor, is it not holding the game hostage to constantly bodyblock the Killer on the way to the hook, to chain lightburn them and to not open the exit gates and to get away?

Basment camping Bubba is a bad Bubba. That chainsaw is an extremly versatile and useful ability and to use it only for camping shows that you did not understand the Killer. It is like only using Spirits ability for map mobility. You complain about a Killer not using his ability effective.

"... he takes no skill to play ..."

Doubt. Bubba is not easy to play against a good survivor. Also his ability has some mechanics you need to learn. He is "easy" as in "easy to learn" but he is not "no skill", he takes medium effort to master. Stop the nonsense just because you do not like a Killer

Also suvivors are to blame themselv sometimes. As Bubba it is quiet frequently that I chase someone and after I missed a chainsaw (2 charges) and lower it (you know, the little animation), they run to the hook. When I reach them I ram myself into the hook to trigger a trantrum and even thou they see me reving they go for the unhook. Consider: They led me here. I was chasing them and they came to their hooked teammate and try to unhook him. And then they blame the Bubba for "camping" and "tunneling".

Standing still in front of the hook is a debatable thing. I think it is useless as even when I am forced to camp (all gates open, one guy on the hook, open map, no hill or basement) I constantly move and look around to spot the survivors. And standing still with Insidious is just no fun for me. As I said, that is a bad Bubba.

We can talk about a point deduction for doing so: Less chaser and less sacrifice points for standing still within a radius to the hook. That way bad Bubbas would not rank up and the game would tell them that their way of playing is just trash.