Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I started playing Pig

Her power is very luck dependent, like to such an extent it can hurt.

However those moments when it works in your favor? Amazing, satisfying, incredible.

I think she needs one thing; Basekit Ruleset No. 2, it would increase tensions for survivors and force them to make difficult choices, other than that, I think she's perfectly fine as is.

Comments

• DawnMadDawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

I made a post suggesting a couple buffs for her recently. Mainly, her slowdown needs to be more reliable and her dash needs to be less predictable. Otherwise she is one of my favorite killers.

• SatelitSatelit Member Posts: 969

The nastiest Pig build is Tampered Timer + Crate of Gears,there's just not enough time to search all the boxes if you get unlucky with RNG

Tampered Timer should be changed if they make the trap value more consistent

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 6,656
  • Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,548

Ruleset No. 2 as Basekit would be a bad idea. In most cases (like at least 98% of the time) the first thing Survivors do is to look for Jigsaw-Boxes, which provides Slowdown.

With Ruleset No. 2 you do not get this Slowdown, they do Gens. Especially when it is midgame, you can have people still pushing out Gens, because they cannot see the Boxes, which might lead to you losing the game.

In general, the Traps are not her only power and certainly her most boring one. IMO Headpops are not really satisfying, they are just RNG-Kills, nothing which is really earned. The Survivor was just unlucky. Or, you brought super-strong Add Ons like Tampered Timer and either a fifth Box or Crate of Gears. (Tampered Timer needs to go)

IMO Pig should have more love to her Crouch and Dash. Some Add Ons should be gone (as I said, Tampered Timer, also Exhaustion and Mangled because those just promote a tunneling playstyle)... Others need to be reworked because they are outdated, like Skillcheck-Odds or Skillcheck-Penalty.

So, more love to Crouch and Dash and a Add On-Rework is all Pig needs IMO. Granted, this comes from someone who player her A LOT.

• AVoiceOfReasonAVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,267

That's what I want. That and her dash to be 1 second to activate. Takes too long if they start to run and you can never get a hit.

• TeabaggingGhostfaceTeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 1,555

Can i boop the snoot?

• EQWashuEQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 1,843
    edited June 2021

I really enjoy playing Pig. I'm not very good at mindgaming with her yet (I'm fairly decent with em I think), but when I can successfully fake a dash direction and land a hit, its a lot of fun...that and just crouching around and being sneaky.

Also to this day, having had the DLC since week 1 of its release, no one has booped the snoot when I'm playing Pig, and I am very sad about that!

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,809

Good. When you run ruleset number 2 you want them to have red traps on not white ones. If they rush for traps sure they're off of gens, but no matter what they will be forced to remove their helmet. They will have to make that trip to jigsaw boxes regardless of ruleset no 2 or not. All ruleset does is increase the pressure should they ignore it and have their trap timer start. If their trap timer starts, they risk death......<---That was the point all along. To get them to risk death. Thats all ruleset no2 is. Its a "There's a high chance you might die while this is active" add on.

edited June 2021

I personally don't like her speed nerf while crouching compared to ghostface, but I guess the excuse is "she can dash" so....whatever.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 18,317
  • Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 5,066

they still have to make the trip to disarm the traps. what RSN2 does is make it so they are under a lot more pressure.

this "the slowdown doesn't exist on RSN2" is just silly...

• IOIOOIOIOO Member Posts: 61

Guide: Don't conserve helmets, use all at the beginning because it helps applying pressures

If you feel like the survivor is good then don't ambush and pretend to do it

Never crouch unless you are sure someone is nearby

Don't over chase a person, pig is a m1 killer

• RiskyKaraRiskyKara Member Posts: 561

I'm gonna boop your snoot

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,975

What RSN2 does, from my personal POV, is delay the stall potential you get. If the Survivor has no idea where any boxes are because the auras are gone, then ideally they'd just do a gen, which means you aren't getting any slowdown from that Trap until the gen pops. Fine if you are actively shooting for a Trap kill; less fine if you actually need that stalling.

They still have to stall no matter what. If they don't stall and take off the traps they die....periodt.

It delays the stall; it doesn't remove it altogether. The thing is that with RSN2, it significantly raises the chances that by the time they start looking for boxes, the team as a whole will be one step closer to powering the Exit Gates.

either the stall is now, or after the next gen gets finished... either way, stall

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,174

Really? You've never had a survivor go up to you at the start of the match and boop? Quite a few times I've run at someone with my knife out and they crouch and point even as I stab them! Plus there's the "I'm on death hook or you closed the hatch, please spare me" mercy boop. If a survivor randomly crouches and approaches you, they want to boop, but they'll usually turn around and book it if you don't crouch and oink back; if you run towards them, they're just going to think you're attacking.

Booping is also something you can initiate pretty easily as a Pig - at any point, even mid-chase, if you crouch and start oinking, I'd say about 50% of survivors will eventually turn around and boop. Though I guess it's not as satisfying as a surprise boop that you didn't ask for...

I'm just baffled and sad that you've never experienced this magical interaction for yourself. :(

Anyway, if we're talking Pig buffs, what I'd like to see is an improvement on her crouching movement speed and the speed of her crouch itself, and then a smidge more distance on her dash. I'm ambivalent on her traps - I think they function fine as is, even if their value isn't that reliable. Terrible kill tools, pretty good slowdown. She doesn't seem like she's built to be reliable, and I'm okay with that.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

If they do generators, then they risk us running Tampered Timer and Crate of Gears / Jigsaw's Sketch which makes RBTs killing machines.

Survivors with traps who completes the last generator essentially give me free kills because I'll just open the doors and cause the EGC to do the dirty work for me. Had a 0K turn into a 3K because they make this mistake. If I had BW, the game would've been a 0K turn into a 4K.

Stall later is bad because the Survivors have actually accomplished part of their goal and now lose out less on temporarily being down a Survivor.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,174

Ruleset #2 kind of... orders survivor behavior? With it, people work on gens and then scramble to get their traps off all at once. But you're better off if the team isn't on the same page and everyone's doing something different. Say one person's hooked, one person's going for the save and will then heal, one person's on a gen, and one person's trying to get their trap off. This is the ideal situation for you, because you can go after the single person pushing objectives and the team won't make much if any gen progress while you're chasing them. Does this make sense? You usually want one person to be trying to do gens because they're very easy to find, but you don't want other people on gens when you're chasing that person because, well, they're getting things done and you aren't in a position to stop them. One person on gens is manageable even without regression perks. Several people on separate gens usually can't be stopped and they'll make progress that you can't regress. Ruleset #2 encourages survivors to finish gens before doing your slowdown, and that's not something you want.

It's the same principle that you don't want to have all 4 survivors with a trap on at the same time. You'd have a window of time where absolutely nothing gets done, like a magnified Corrupt Intervention, and then it's back to 4 survivors again and you're out of traps. Pig plays stronger by artificially creating a 3-man game for 4 times that length, because 3 survivors is the point where the killer can pressure the team faster than they can dig themselves out of their hole. Additional survivors being occupied at the same time has diminishing returns.

The tl;dr is that you want one survivor to be busy at several times way more than several survivors to be busy at one time. So it's more useful to you to have the team disorganized, with people doing box searches right off the hook and you harassing the other three whenever they try to do something, than it is to have multiple people ignore boxes until a gen gets completed and then bum rush the boxes.

Ruleset #2 is only useful if you're trying to ensure your traps are lethal, and Pig has better addons for that purpose.

•  Antares2332 Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,087

Yes, I'll never understand what the point of this was

I have no idea why you think having 4 survivor with traps makes the game harder somehow... you just switch to patrol the boxes...