Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

I have an idea and thought that it could possibly work

Friendly117Friendly117 Member Posts: 32
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm MOST LIKELY going to get told that I'm dumb and I should get good because apparently that's all some of the killer mains can come up with in the English vocabulary. But enough banter. Here is my idea.

Idea: Turn off RNG for pallets only.

Result: Gets rid of empty spaces/dead zones. Both teams get to know where all the pallets are and can determine how to play around it. Gives a great learning curve for both teams to know the map more. Survivors can have a more enjoyable experience (Mainly pointing that towards those that just come back or are new to the game).

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• TheStabbiNAngeLTheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Can you be more descriptive about this.You say get rid of empty spaces ?I'm actually pretty stupid, so I want to understand this better.

• BioXBioX Member Posts: 1,378

They means "deadzones", due to the randomised of the tiles of the maps it can happen that the map has areas that are empty, nothing there to help the survivor against the killer.

To OP it's worth a shot but you have to be careful not to make matches feel too similair, but I'm all for trying it

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,397

I'm the opposite -- I think the random elements of the game are what makes it the most fun. I least enjoy the matches where it feels like people have memorized the tiles and run them perfectly. I think it's better if you kind of don't know where you're going or what you'll find when you get there.

On the other hand, if people want to play tournaments, I think it would be cool if they had a tournament map with guaranteed spawns that they could study and build a strategy around.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

If you turn off rng that would make the game bland and competitive, you can't have just the same maps with the same tiles and have that much fun.

• WazzupWazzup Member Posts: 88

Okay as you insist I won't say that "You are dumb and you should get good."

Instead I will note that your idea is dumb just isn't that good. Is that better?

More specifically, random pallets add a dynamic layer to the game which keeps it interesting. Though I wouldn't mind a system where the pallet generator assigns the first X pallets a minimum distance away from any other pallet. This would reduce the chances of the unfun cases where one side of the map has zero or a huge number of pallets while still preserving a random element.

• Nyx32Nyx32 Member Posts: 130

If you're constantly getting told that your ideas are dumb, I don't think it's just "haha killer mains bad" and maybe you should think more about them before posting them? I can't take a suggestion seriously when the first sentence insults half of the player base of the video game for no reason.

• Marik13Marik13 Member Posts: 683
    edited June 2021

I don't think this is a good idea at all. Aside from making games feel much like the same and boring, I can see something like that being abused really easily.

Think of this. Imagine that all loops and pallets are exactly the same like you said. Ok. All you're going to do is give setup and ambush killers a hell of a buff. Imagine trying to go to the spot where you know the strongest loop is going to be. What's to stop a Trapper or Hag from just bombarding the area with their traps? Suddenly the strongest area available for survivors to loop and drop god pallets, becomes a literal death zone cus of killers like that.

Having that element of randomness I think is good for both sides. Prevents the whole standard memorization of loops and pallets and counters and all that. Yes right now we have basic go to strategies for traps and what not like killer shack for instance. But having everything spawn in the same spots or even in the same patterns on different areas of the map would only make this so much worse.