Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Don't cleanse totems to counter Noed

2»

Comments

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 1,871

The other survivor had no way of knowing the other four totems were down though, unless they were running small game or on comms with you.

This is why the totem counter should've been baseline.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,027

Being in a swf doesn't find the totems for you. That's my point.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,512

No, but it does let you know how many totems are left. All 4 solo players would have to use Detective's to get the same value as 1 survivor using it in a SWF, or they'd leave cleansing totems to one member of the team. But you can't coordinate builds beforehand and you can't communicate mid-game.

So again, you're still getting more information than solos when you swf, and solos shouldn't have to use perk slots, items, or add-ons to get this information.

• WexlerWendigoWexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Just do bones guys. Super efficient way to counter a perk that happens occasionally!

• Nemmy_WemmyNemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 757

"DON'T CLEANSE TOTEMS TO COUNTER NOED"

Nice try killer main, you aren't tricking me!

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 5,957

They also counted on being the one to go back to that totem instead of the possibility of them being the one to be downed by NOED. The whole "go back to the totem you saw if NOED activates" is only a good idea if you're not the one on the hook.

• CountVampyrCountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Bones are an easy 1000 bp. If I see one, I do it, and I always run Small Game because when I don’t it always comes back to haunt me. It’s worth mentioning that if Undying is in play the killer will still be able to see you if the bones you are refusing to cleanse are close enough to the gen you’re working on.

As an aside, you need to cleanse any totem you find near a gate. If NOED appears there it is going to be very hard to cleanse if the killer is already patrolling. I had a situation a few days ago where three totems were done and one was right next to me so I kept it there in case of noed. When I finished it didn’t light up so I was hoping I was good to go. Nope. It went to an undiscovered one that was equidistant between two closely spawned gates in the perfect spot for Oni to guard from. It was also not far from a gen finished no doubt by some guy that thought “Don’t cleanse bones to counter NOED”.

• just_temejust_teme Member Posts: 190

Cleansing the totem takes 16 seconds in other words 20% of a generator which can be often more detrimental. If you actually have to manuever a bit to get to the totem the number gets higher. If your team has the time to afford for you to do that its fine but if you guys are having a close match you are throwing by not contributing to the objective.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,187

for me that entirely depends on what stage of the game we're in.

if we're at 3 to 5 gens, ill cleanse every totem i get the chance to.

if we're at 1 to 2 gens, i'll stick with remembering the spots and checking them once the endgame triggers or me having all 5 memorized, so i go around quickly to break them.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151

Here's how I see it. If you don't cleanse all of the totems, don't cleanse any. If there's a hex, that's the exception.

If you won't follow my advice, at least leave up the totems that are in the obvious spots, and destroy the ones in the hard to find spots. NOED will be down in like 30 seconds if you find it in the obvious spot.