Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions Off-topic

What's Your Favorite Video Game?

Vyne456Vyne456 Member Posts: 598

My favorite games are GTA V, Sims 4, Monster Hunter, and Friday Night Funkin', also Pokemon Sword. Those are the games that I liked over the past years and I still like it today.

I wonder asking the community what are your favorite games so I can get to know you better, Any kind of game would be fine.

Comments

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 6,073

Well, obviously DBD is my favourite... Or better yet, 2018 DBD is my favourite.

As for other games, I really like: GTA V, Pokemon Soul Silver, STAR WARS: Jedi Fallen Order, Red Dead Redemption 2, and this list goes on.

Call of Duty and God of War franchises are also really good, in my opinion.

• DBDudeDBDude Member Posts: 308

My favorite games are The entire Plant Vs Zombies trilogy (except Heroes and Battle For Neighbor Ville), Garry's Mod, Dead By Daylight, Godzilla The Game PS4, Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, and Jurassic World Evolution.

• Rizzo90Rizzo90 Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 10,942

Bloodborne, hands down.

• CheeseAntonCheeseAnton Member Posts: 796

Aside from Dead by Daylight, I'm a huge Nintendo fan (don't worry, I don't play DBD on switch) so that's where a lot of my interest lies. Some of my favorite games of all time are Super Smash Bros. Brawl (for introducing me to the series and bringing my Smash main Lucas) and Ultimate (It has Steve Minecraft), Xenoblade Chronicles, Breath of the Wild, Minecraft, Super Mario Galaxy (1 & 2), LoZ Twilight Princess, and Pokémon Black. Also love the Yakuza Series, Jet Set Radio, and Lovers Rivals of Aether.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 4,321

DBD of course, super mario galaxy, among us, and NHL.

• Gay_Police_DeptGay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 744
    edited June 2021

Monkey Island, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Mount & Blade... to name a few

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Quite possibly Morrowind. I had the greatest expectations waiting a year for that game (having never played an Elder Scrolls title before) and when I finally got it it still managed to surpass them. Morrowind was one of those rare games that completely changed my understanding of the capacity that video games had to immerse the player in deep, fully realized worlds.

Other lifelong favorites include Final Fantasy IV, Maniac Mansion, The Sims 3, The Forest, Monstrum, GTA San Andreas, GTA V, Mount and Blade: Warband, plus way too many more to list.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,552

It's a toss up between Silent Hill 2 and Silwnt Hill 4: The Room.

Silent Hill 2 left a strong, emotion impression on me. That reading at the end by Mary still is the most emotive pieces of voice acting, because of how real it felt. Especially considering what hellish journey I had to take to get there. The whole game was a journey, where every subtle nuance had meaning.

Silent Hill 4: The Room was a horror that I've never experienced before or since. Outlast came close, but from my experience that sheer terror, disorientation and dream-like state was an amazing piece of art that was heavily under-rated. Even the apparent 'blandness' of Henry was actually a creative design so that the player could integrate more into the world.

Silent Hill 2 might edge Silent Hill 4: The Room, but it's damn close.

• QwQwQwQw Member Posts: 4,113

I actually don't really play many games, but I really like Skyrim, Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 8, and Friday Night Funkin'.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,681

Friday 13th: The Game.

And I'm a older gent. Manhunt and GTA V are big favourites too.

• Liam282Liam282 Member Posts: 109

Metal Gear Solid (Ps1)

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 1,793

Darkest Dungeon is up there for me.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 8,614

My all time favourite game is half life opposing force. Really well made and cuts out the boring parts that made half life weaker

Favourite game at the moment besides DBD is either apex legends or payday 2

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,312

My two most favorite games of all time are the Super Mario Galaxy games, 1 and 2. It's hard to pick which one I like more.

Honorable mentions include Portal 2, A Hat in Time, Mario Kart Super Circuit/Wii/7, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Minecraft, Castle Crashers, the Gen 7 games of Pokémon (Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Moon), and Sonic CD.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,453
    edited June 2021

God of War 3 is my absolute favorite, but Resident Evil Village, God of War 2018, The Last of Us Part II, God of War 2, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 2 and 3 Remakes, and Resident Evil 7 Biohazard are also up there. God of War and Resident Evil are just really good series in general.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,445

I could give you a bit of a list :>

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    • Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
    • Resident Evil: 3 Remake
    • Alien: Isolation
    • GTA V
    • Dead by Daylight
  • DistortedDreamDistortedDream Member Posts: 670

Some of my most favorite games are Left 4 Dead, State Of Decay, Dying Light, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Resident Evil 3 remake, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 7, and Silent Hill 3.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,636

It's gotta be Soma.

This is if I'm leaving out everything I have too much nostalgia for to evaluate fairly, though. If not, SSX Tricky and Sly Cooper really need to be in the conversation.

• BeHasUBeHasU Member Posts: 820

Hollow Knight was just *chef's kiss*

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 2,053

the souls (& co) games have left a profound impact on me and have guided my taste in games, content creators, art, music, and more for quite some time now.

so you can imagine how i feel about the elden ring trailer. haven't happy cried in quite some time.

• RyRapsYTRyRapsYT Member Posts: 291

Resident Evil 7, Outlast, Dead By Daylight, Resident Evil 2, Alien: Isolation, MLB the show games.

• Lx_maliceLx_malice Member Posts: 1,040

The Resident Evil franchise easily. If I had to pick a favorite it'd be Resi 4 no contest. I've through that game countless times across many different platforms. I practically know the game inside out. Oh and it was also the first video game I ever played lol.

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 6,804

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Dead by Daylight

Super Mario 64

*No particular order but these are some of my favorites

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,612

Nothing really gets close to Team Fortress 2 for me. I always keep coming back to it and I don't think I'll ever stop doing so.

But very honorable mentions go out to Fallout New Vegas, Metal Gear Solid 3, Civilization V, Dead By Daylight and Left 4 Dead (both of them). Roughly in that order if I had to make a numbered list.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,681
    edited June 2021

I think I'm one of the few people that disliked Soma, and I played it to the end. I thought it started off well, but I ended up not enjoying it. I found the enemies more annoying than scary. I just wanted to get the game over and done with.

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,636
    edited June 2021

Ah, that's a shame. I don't think the main point of Soma was to be scary - It did have some scary sections, but the game was all about plot and atmosphere. It's kind of like DBD in that it takes place in a horror setting and it can certainly scare you from time to time, but that's also more of a secondary draw of the game. I don't mean to imply that Frictional was ignoring that side of things either, because they clearly weren't; I just mean that telling a compelling story was the game's main strength and probably the devs' biggest focus.

There's a "Safe Mode" setting for people who don't really enjoy the monster encounters but still want to experience the story and environments, so that might have made the experience better for you!

• SypherpathicSypherpathic Member Posts: 489

Red Dead Redemption 2

Deus Ex

Half Life 2

Fallout 4 (Fallout subset: 1,NV,3,4,2)

Diablo 1

World of Warcraft

Dead by Daylight

• Lusiem9Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87

My favorite games are: Half life 2 for being the phenomenon when it was released, Left 4 dead 2 because its the most fun zombie shooter so far, Amnesia Dark descent for being one of the most intense and smart horror games out there, Plants vs zombies because of nostalgia, Little nightmares franchise for that Tim Burton vibes and my magnum opus Resident evil remake.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 5,761

Dying light