Home Discussions General Discussions

The Emblem system should removed for the Killer.

GibberishGibberish Member Posts: 437

The Killer's victory conditions should REQUIRE killing, not make it barely required.
Very simple formula:

0 Kills: Double Depip
1 Kill : Depip
2 Kills: Safety
3 Kills: Pip
4 Kills: Double Pip

Please no more of this participation award trash.

Comments

  • ZiNcZiNc Member Posts: 244

    So... revert to the killer cube?

  • weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,066

    As soon as you make it so only Survivors are awarded pips based solely on survival, then yeah we can do this.

  • hegewalddhegewaldd Member Posts: 30

    No. it should be based off points. Basing it off kills is terrible design since it encourages tunneling and camping, overall toxicity, and sweatiness. This game was so much better when it wasn't based off kills,

  • GibberishGibberish Member Posts: 437

    @weirdkid5 said:
    As soon as you make it so only Survivors are awarded pips based solely on survival, then yeah we can do this.

    I actually disagree with this.
    If the gameplay is rebalanced so that Killers being able to actually kill consistently vs competent, then the Survivors arent going to have as much chance to escape. While the current Emblems for the Survivors is not perfect, its a step in the right direction. Survivors should be scored on how much they contributed overall, and how much they avoided the Killer(while doing things of value anyways, not just hiding in a corner doing nothing), which the Emblem system kind of does, but not very well.

    IMO Escaping as a Survivor should be the equivalent to getting 4kills5gens as the Killer.
    Something that is definitely possible, but not something you should be able to do on a regular basis.

  • Forsaken_GhoulForsaken_Ghoul Member Posts: 6

    He was being sarcastic. But your suggestion is awful IMO. For a killer to double depip, even if he hooked every survivor twice, is a very poor idea. Basement camping and tunneling one person to death would be the new norm. The game grades you based off of overall performance, just like survivors.

  • weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,066

    @Gibberish said:

    @weirdkid5 said:
    As soon as you make it so only Survivors are awarded pips based solely on survival, then yeah we can do this.

    I actually disagree with this.
    If the gameplay is rebalanced so that Killers being able to actually kill consistently vs competent, then the Survivors arent going to have as much chance to escape. While the current Emblems for the Survivors is not perfect, its a step in the right direction. Survivors should be scored on how much they contributed overall, and how much they avoided the Killer(while doing things of value anyways, not just hiding in a corner doing nothing), which the Emblem system kind of does, but not very well.

    IMO Escaping as a Survivor should be the equivalent to getting 4kills5gens as the Killer.
    Something that is definitely possible, but not something you should be able to do on a regular basis.

    In a perfect balance for this game only 1 or 2 people should honestly be escaping in any given match. You can't take dev stats to heart either seeing as most people throw themselves at killers not really caring if they die or not. Less so than in the past, but it's still an issue. Escaping should be a pretty big deal to me.

    Realistically speaking, the Ranking system, if we based it on kills and escapes, would become a tournament-like ladder, with the best of the best escape artists being paired up against the best of the best killers. Pretty much everyone at the top spots would be feared Killers and cunning survivors.

    Alas, people who play this game are not that hardcore, sadly.

  • GibberishGibberish Member Posts: 437

    @ZiNc said:
    So... revert to the killer cube?

    More or less.
    The victory cube itself wasn't the problem, the problem was the the game balance was too skewed to support it properly. So instead of fixing the game balance BHVR just decided to give Killers participation awards instead, which solves nothing.

  • MrsMaliciousXMrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 598
    And then chop off the arms and legs of the survivors so all they can do is sit there and do nothing and let the killers get 4ks every game 😂😂😂😂
  • Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

    I believe both sides have issues with the emblem system, though when it comes to killer, as a killer user MYSELF; I think it’d actually be better if it was harder to rank up.

    Quite simply, ranking up is 1) not always a good thing, and 2) even if it is, it’s much too easy.

    Those are just my two cents though.

  • LonnyeLonnye Member Posts: 19
    No it shouldn't it is completly fine I double pip every game playing as nurse 
  • CasperCasper Member Posts: 3

    I personally like they are trying to attempt a way to balance the game for everyone, but I feel forcing people to "try" discourages having fun unless you are the person who enjoys that. I honestly think the old score system was better it allowed everyone to play as they wanted with being able to pip and those who did nothing didn't pip. The old system allowed both survivors and killers the chance to have fun and not feel they needed to try and achieve a certain set goal.

  • ZavriZavri Member Posts: 261

    It's just easier than survivors atm to rank up.

    Survivor ranking should be slightly tweaked, not nerfing killer ranking into the ground.

  • weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,066

    @Casper said:
    I personally like they are trying to attempt a way to balance the game for everyone, but I feel forcing people to "try" discourages having fun unless you are the person who enjoys that. I honestly think the old score system was better it allowed everyone to play as they wanted with being able to pip and those who did nothing didn't pip. The old system allowed both survivors and killers the chance to have fun and not feel they needed to try and achieve a certain set goal.

    I dislike the old system cause it essentially let people who didn't deserve high Rank to achieve it. The old system was extremely "participation trophy" oriented.

  • RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

    Welp, then it would be normal to normalize the factor for the survivors :
    Dying : Double depip
    Mori'ed : Depip
    Escaping : Pip
    Escaping while repairing more than 3 gens : Double Pip.

  • weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,066

    @Runiver said:
    Welp, then it would be normal to normalize the factor for the survivors :
    Dying : Double depip
    Mori'ed : Depip
    Escaping : Pip
    Escaping while repairing more than 3 gens : Double Pip.

    This would honestly just make gen rushing a complete nightmare lmao

  • RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

    @weirdkid5 said:

    @Runiver said:
    Welp, then it would be normal to normalize the factor for the survivors :
    Dying : Double depip
    Mori'ed : Depip
    Escaping : Pip
    Escaping while repairing more than 3 gens : Double Pip.

    This would honestly just make gen rushing a complete nightmare lmao

    Do you mean how the game is supposed to be played in the first place ?
    People aren't supposed to [BAD WORD] around as much as they do now, and they're supposed to repair asap to get out.

    At least with that kind of ranking (with rank rewards), you'd have PROPER STATS to show to people, rather than memein' stats.

    It's not happening tho.
    I doubt devs will revert their emblem system. They tend to never revert anything that they actually decently "polished" or decided.

  • HUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPYHUNGRY_AS_A_HIPPY Member Posts: 40
    I quite agree in all honesty. I believe that the killer goal system should have stayed for killer and the emblem system should stick with the survivors.
  • CasperCasper Member Posts: 3

    @weirdkid5 said:

    @Casper said:
    I personally like they are trying to attempt a way to balance the game for everyone, but I feel forcing people to "try" discourages having fun unless you are the person who enjoys that. I honestly think the old score system was better it allowed everyone to play as they wanted with being able to pip and those who did nothing didn't pip. The old system allowed both survivors and killers the chance to have fun and not feel they needed to try and achieve a certain set goal.

    I dislike the old system cause it essentially let people who didn't deserve high Rank to achieve it. The old system was extremely "participation trophy" oriented.

    I get what you mean. I think a simple compromise is having a 5th emblem for points that will say 20k gets you a bronze max so you get that 1 extra increase for putting effort in a match rather than sitting and getting 5k or 7k. The reason for this is there is more than surviving there's plenty of objectives and other roles to do to get points that the emblem system doesn't cover all as much. Same for killers like example DS person gets away those points during chasing, hitting, capturing at least a small bit should go to an emblem that might do nothing for you. Or combined with that idea make each rank take more pips to achieve or add more ranks. You put the time in you get the rank.

Sign In or Register to comment.