Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Kate Denson Character Model Rework

13»

Comments

• AVoiceOfReasonAVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,267

Damn, she looks cute! Might play her finally! Everyone gets mad at the pictures because they don't seem to UNDERSTAND that their normal facial expressions are removed until loaded. People need to realize what a t-pose is.

• SlickstylesSlickstyles Member Posts: 445

They need to fix her nose and she'll look great. Her nose looks super unrealistic.

• CriticalWeaselCriticalWeasel Member Posts: 349

I'm guessing not everybody knows that the expressions are varied and this is just her default t-pose expression.

• Kate_Main_01Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504

Oh boy. I was nervous for this moment...

The pros

• Her hair looks fantastic and the ombre effect updates the hairstyle a bit in a way that I really like.
    • Her eyes look more sultry and more realistic, I like the smoky eyeshadow.
    • Obviously her skin looks more realistic and her cheeks look much better with the new complexion.

The cons

• Her nose looks a little botched. I think it is the nostrils being too small and lifted too high.
    • Like everyone else is saying her teeth are a little too prominent even in the video of her moving. She looks like she's a heavy mouth breather now and has these large teeth which with the new nose make her look a little mousey.

I don't hate the rework by any means. I hope that they will continue to tweak it before they release it as the finished update. But I don't think she looks nearly as beautiful as she could have/should have. Honestly she looks like Taylor Swift (who I personally find very unattractive) but with even more of a rodent-like face. She's now the kind of girl who I could see people finding attractive and could see being famous but who I would not find beautiful at all.

A shame. I'll continue to main her because I love the character and have put years into playing Kate but... I'm not thrilled. I'll remain hopeful that they fix her a bit. Does anyone know when this update is supposed to go live?

• KrungaKrunga Member Posts: 159

I'm pretty sure they are. Kate's brushing animation looks smoother and better overall, so I assume her facial animations will be changed.

• TheMadCatTheMadCat Member Posts: 1,888

I could never switch my main, I'm a too huge Silent Hill fan to let Cheryl in a corner. But I'm with you on this one: Kate could become my second most played Survivor.

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Weird, side by side I don't like the new design as much. She's still gorgeous, everyone has imperfections and I don't think something like a potential slight overbite or whatever suddenly render her monstrous. That said, she still looks a bit too young and "soft" to me. That's how I would describe all of these redesigns, everyone has gotten "softened".

Her new hair is very pretty but I hope that Meg keeps her red hair, it drives me nuts that the redesign picture had her looking more or less dirty blonde. Meg is a HARD redhead and I'd miss that aspect of her a lot if it were removed, especially if (and I know this is speculation, but IF) it were removed because they wanted Kate and Kate alone to be the one with some red in her hair.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,578
  • Karao_KeKarao_Ke Member Posts: 1,206

I'm surprised so many people here disapprove of the new version, I personally love her new look.

If anything, they massacred our beloved Dweet.

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,395

I honestly don't know what I think of any of the reworks. My brain can't process what the characters' faces look like once the contouring that was baked into the original textures is removed. Like, are their eyes all getting smaller, or is the shading just gone? I don't know.

edited June 2021

Dweet went from an adorable nerd to looking painfully saggy-faced. He's the one I'm disappointed in the most, I agree.

Does anyone know when we are getting this second round of facial updates for Kate, Ace, David, etc? Aren't the OG 4 characters coming on the 15th?

• Karao_KeKarao_Ke Member Posts: 1,206

I'm mainly disappointed in his hair. They took away all the floof :(

• DistortedDreamDistortedDream Member Posts: 671

I kind of like the new model, But I hate what they did to her teeth.

This is what I think we should have (and could have) had. 😪

I posted this in my own thread but wanted to leave it here as well. The more I've looked at her rework the less I've liked it.