Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Pallets have been worthless for me lately

TauNkosiTauNkosi Member Posts: 282
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Are they broken again? I keep getting hit through them. They're not doing there Job by stunning the killer. It's getting frustrating how often I get down/hit cause the killer gets a lucky hit when I know I threw that pallet down soon enough to stun them. I feel like I'm being punished for trying to conserve pallets.

Comments

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Getting hit through a pallet is intended if you throw it too late, or the killer swings into it and you throw it before their attack animation is over because your hitbox extends back into the pallet. If it's not that then it's a ping issue. It should be harder to get hit through a pallet drop, the stun happens instantly now.

• TauNkosiTauNkosi Member Posts: 282

I hate predropping pallets but that's what I've resorted to given my luck. It's not working as well as I hoped but damn if it isn't working.

• gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,264

Yeah the game has just been feeling incredibly off with pallets and vaults lately. I keep pressing "space" when the prompt is up and it's not dropping and earlier tonight I pressed "space" when the prompt wasn't even there and it super vaccumed me back to the pallet which is not what I wanted to do. Getting hit through pallets every single game is basically par for the course for me tho and I can't figure out a way to stop it.

• TauNkosiTauNkosi Member Posts: 282

Even with vault speed build, I vault, run two steps forward and STILL somehow get hit.

• CallmehandsomeCallmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I think there are few problems here, either you have: bad timing with pallet drop OR there is bad connection. Personally as a killer i often chase survivors and i let them think they will reach the pallet in time and lunge for a hit, they drop it too late so i get hit AND their pallet. Good survivors however won't fall for this ever and they time the pallet stun perfectly.