Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is Distortion good against BBQ and chili?

AnniehereAnniehere Member Posts: 1,115

I want to take advantage of this perk because there are situations where i can't hide in time.

Opinions?

Comments

• ShamelessPigMainShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,836
    edited June 2021

Yeah, it's pretty much the only counter to BBQ & Chili that's a perk, it's just not that great. Chances are, the killer is going to hook other survivors more than 3 times, and if they have nurse's calling or lethal pursuer, you're already down a token out of three precious, unobtainable tokens.

• _VTK__VTK_ Member Posts: 227
    edited June 2021

With 3 stacks it's only useful at the beginning of the game. For me it's not worth a perk slot.

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 1,134

Not really. It only has 3 uses. If I have a feeling that the killer is coming to me then i proceed to run a certain direction and then after the 5 seconds (I believe) of aura reading then i walk the other way.

• lagostalagosta Member Posts: 1,658

You can use it to detect if the killer has BBQ and proceed to hide in lockers to preserve the remaining stacks. That is not worth it IMO. Hide behind gens or get a hint by the way the killer moves to different objectives after a hook, that way you don't have to invest a perk slot.

• NomiNomadNomiNomad Member Posts: 2,684

If there was a way to regain tokens, I'd say yes.

Honestly, I think this perk would he pretty decent if you could gain tokens back. Maybe either by being in the killers TR, unhooking. Just something.

• ChiSoxFan11ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 885

It's not worth the perk slot, IMO. Too few uses to warrant a spot.

You mention situations where you're not able to hide in time. If you're caught in the open, move one direction for a few seconds, then double back to a different direction to throw off a killer's tracking as was suggested. Personally, I run Spine Chill, so that's a great indicator for me if a killer running BBQ is headed in my general direction, giving me ample time to move to a safer location/hiding spot.

As an aside, if Distortion had a way to replenish tokens -- let's say one for every safe hook rescue -- then it would likely see much more usage, but as it is now, I never run it, and as killer, I've seen it so few times, I could count them on two hands (with a couple of fingers left over).

• WeenieDogWeenieDog Member Posts: 1,800

Not really. Imo, sometimes you want the killer to see you. In a swf m, it might be different but in solo, I'd rather get spotted by the killer and try to loop then risk them constantly going after the survivor that sits in one place and goes down in 5 seconds.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,922

For the most part but its not the be all end all tbh

• SypherpathicSypherpathic Member Posts: 488

Seen a number of killers putting BBQ + Iron Maiden the last few days. Ouch.

I also try to 'hide' behind generators when I'm working on one and a hook is coming. In general, though, I find lockers to be the main counter and I've tried distortion a few times but yeah, it runs out pretty early in the match. I usually try for lockers with Distortion as a backup if I think I can't make a locker in time.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,277
    edited June 2021

You don't neccesarily need a perk for it. Or to hide. You can throw them off and use BBQ to your advantage. Make it a 50/50. Here's an example

Run to your right and let them see you for 4 seconds. Walk back the way you came. Sure they might guess you doubled back. But they may go to where they last seen you. And you could be on the other side of the map

• kisfenkinkisfenkin Member Posts: 308

Yes. I run distortion a lot. Knowing the killer has BBQC makes a big difference, because they are relying on that information. If you aren't the first found you can take advantage of that and finish a gen while the killer chases down the other survivors. If you are the first one found and later discover BBQC is a definite you can protect yourself from being tunneled better.

It also protects against so many other things, but be warned. Knowing the killer has Nurse's Calling, for instance, sure is a nice thing, but you will use up tokens quickly and the killer still sees the other player's aura if you aren't healing yourself, I believe. It's also great for every other aura perk.

Knowing what the killer brought (for sure) to the match gives you a huge advantage. If you can identify the four perks they DO have, you can also tell what they didn't bring. Like, knowing for a fact they don't have no-ed, no reason to cleanse dull totem (other than blood).

• SadsnacksSadsnacks Member Posts: 673

I've always wanted to try it with an immersed/stealth build.

Distortion, Urban Evasion, Iron Will, and either calm spirit, lucky break, or deception. Other perks that deal with scratch marks would work too like lightweight or fixated. Then you're super immersed and stealthy lol

Just for fun, but I doubt it would be very good.

• _VTK__VTK_ Member Posts: 227

I like the idea of Distortion though, they just need to add more tokens, make it cool-down based or allow to gain more tokens.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,522

No it's better to counter/know about more unusual aura reading perks but the killer is likely running bbq as well which will burn through the stacks unless you save them with lockers. I prefer object really.

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

That’s the entire point of it being limited though: the information it provides, which is very powerful. Once a token is lost the survivor should know why, and therefore know exactly what to avoid doing (or what they need to do) to avoid losing further tokens, or when tokens are fully expended.

• 53nation53nation Member Posts: 670

Hmm.. i might have missed this, but.. if you bring Distortion and go up against an adept Nemesis, will you start the trial with 2 tokens?