Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does anyone actually pay attention to the archives story?

gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,264

How many people actually sit and read through the archives story monologues? I have done it to specific characters like Bill but I've never actually tried to go through and unlock the Arcus stories or whatever those are. Do you guys pay attention to that stuff?

Comments

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,003

For the most part yes. I still haven’t read some stories like yui or nurse but the rest I have read through

• WexlerWendigoWexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Yes, it’s one of my favourite parts of DBD. If anyone wants specific recommendations, Plague, Jane, Wraith all have great tome lore.

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

to read paragraphs I buy books, when I'm playing a videogame I play videogame

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,202

No, not anymore.

I did it for the first three Tomes, but afterwards, I did not catch up. And I wont catch up at this point, I just complete the Challenges for BPs and Fragments.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,655

I am getting all challenges and therefore lore entries done either way and yeah I listen to the story’s. Once.. not directly when I unlock them though. And only when I have some time after i played but not enough time for another match..

• NoOneKnowsNovaNoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,281

Once I get all of them I listen to it all at once rather than when I get them. Sometimes they arent that interesting, but most of them I personally liked.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,628

I'm to lazy to even do the archives. So I don't.

Also, you can just listen to them on YouTube without needing to do all the dumb challenges

• BronzeHandModelBronzeHandModel Member Posts: 116

i really dont care i must assume. But its nice they try to put some story behind this

• LycidasLycidas Member Posts: 958

Yes, I do, some are good, some are..meh

The Arcus bit looks less like a story and more like a collection atm, but we'll see where the Observer story goes in the future

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 9,318

Only ones I’ve listened to are my actual favorite characters: Meg Yui and Spirit.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,373

Of course not. I don't find lore in this game interesting at all

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Its really hard to keep up with the archives lore with how much of it is locked behind ridiculous challenges as those challenges gate keep the rest of the story.

• En3ermostEn3ermost Member Posts: 274

Yes, I read them all when they're uploaded on the wiki, since I barely play the game and don't complete any challenge at all. I love this game's lore.

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 1,556

I read it only when all pieces of story are unlocked. I wouldn't catch up to the story if I read every piece right after unlock.

• landromatlandromat Member Posts: 2,193

Only observers or about entity entries. I do not care about characters lore

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 1,556

To be honest, I don't really like those low effort animations as reward. I don't want to hurt creators, artwork looks really great. But animation looks bad and characters mumbling feels akward.

I would prefer pre-rendered scenes from unreal engine or source film maker with full voice acting.

Is it much harder or more expencive? Or both?

• LycidasLycidas Member Posts: 958

Apart from the fact that yes, animating a scene like you said would take more time and effort, I think it's more of an artistic choice that they went with

I agree though, the animations could look better, even without having to change the art style of the illustrations

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 837

Yes, as long as it is about a Killer I like or play.

Hillbilly was great, Spirit was not to bad and I realy wish for a Ghostface archive.Also observer and entity specifics are quiet nice.

I like it that they leave you to puzzle some story by comparing add-ons, archives and perk desciptions. This gives me a feeling of doing detectives work. Also resenctly they started adding some details to maps that give hints.

So overall, yes, I do archives and I like archives.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 3,060

The narrator is very tedious. The entries are full of fillers and repetitive. I think Billy's tome was the last one I listened to.

• CornHubCornHub Member Posts: 1,864

I read through them instead since I can read faster than the guy talks.

• GibberishGibberish Member Posts: 891

I did originally, but then stopped because the writing is absolutley horrid.

• Jb94Jb94 Member Posts: 207

Yes.

They've yet to do anything interesting with the concept sadly.

• StarshadwStarshadw Member Posts: 266

I would like to, but many of the pieces are locked behind challenges I have absolutely no desire to do. So I don't even read the ones I do unlock at this point.

• DanyonettaDanyonetta Member Posts: 98

I like the dbd lore and the stories they are creating but I usually follow along through youtube videos of people explaining them lol

• QwQwQwQw Member Posts: 4,466

Not really.

I did at first, but I just don't care that much nowadays.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,003

As a Jane main ngl her tome was kinda garbage and didn’t do much to improve her character

• Dito175Dito175 Member Posts: 1,255

Yes!! The lore is one of my favorite things about the game, as though I don't like some of the things in the archives I end up just nitpicking what I like as a headcanon.

That’s interesting to me since I didn’t care for her original lore much, but thought her tome was great