Home Discussions General Discussions

Survivor is unplayable now

135678

Comments

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721
    edited December 2018

    @The_Crusader said:
    You mean like you lot do?

    This forum is just salty killer mains asking for buff after buff after buff to killer and ganging up on anyone who dares to suggest maybe things aren't perfect for survivors.

    Not to mention most of the buffs asked for are incredibly stupid but who cares about balance so long as survivors are exposed for most of the game and you can get easy 4ks eh?

    You create a really hostile atmosphere for survivor players, it's no wonder not as many get involved in these discussions.

    Point out where I have been wrong in this discussion, if you don't mind.
    I told you that the idea you said we'd think was dumb was already tested (in the very first PTB, no less) and proven to be dumb. This is a fact.
    You said that pallets being more spread out also meant that there were fewer of them, which I debunked with my knowledge of density.

    Those were my two (counter)arguments in this thread so far, not including this comment. Maybe the problem is that you can't admit to being wrong.

    EDIT: Just to clarify, it's fine to be wrong. Nobody's perfect, and nobody knows everything. What's not fine is pretending that being wrong has no bearing on whether you're right (which is what you're doing by dismissing blatant contradictions between reality and what you claim is reality), nor is it fine to refuse to even acknowledge that you are wrong.

  • The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Orion said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    You mean like you lot do?

    This forum is just salty killer mains asking for buff after buff after buff to killer and ganging up on anyone who dares to suggest maybe things aren't perfect for survivors.

    Not to mention most of the buffs asked for are incredibly stupid but who cares about balance so long as survivors are exposed for most of the game and you can get easy 4ks eh?

    You create a really hostile atmosphere for survivor players, it's no wonder not as many get involved in these discussions.

    Point out where I have been wrong in this discussion, if you don't mind.
    I told you that the idea you said we'd think was dumb was already tested (in the very first PTB, no less) and proven to be dumb. This is a fact.
    You said that pallets being more spread out also meant that there were fewer of them, which I debunked with my knowledge of density.

    Those were my two (counter)arguments in this thread so far, not including this comment. Maybe the problem is that you can't admit to being wrong.

    Which idea was this you keep referring to?

    And no my point was pallets are easier. Maybe its density rather than quantity but it doesn't matter because they ARE easier to deal with now. You saying its density rather than quantity in no way nullifies that argument.
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    @The_Crusader said:
    Which idea was this you keep referring to?

    And no my point was pallets are easier. Maybe its density rather than quantity but it doesn't matter because they ARE easier to deal with now. You saying its density rather than quantity in no way nullifies that argument.

    The idea of slowing down sacrifice speed when the Killer is within a certain radius of the hook.

    Looping has not changed either, as many streamers have already shown.

  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

    @The_Crusader said:
    You mean like you lot do?

    This forum is just salty killer mains asking for buff after buff after buff to killer and ganging up on anyone who dares to suggest maybe things aren't perfect for survivors.

    Not to mention most of the buffs asked for are incredibly stupid but who cares about balance so long as survivors are exposed for most of the game and you can get easy 4ks eh?

    You create a really hostile atmosphere for survivor players, it's no wonder not as many get involved in these discussions.

    That's a matter of perspective, since my experience in this forum is the complete other way round.

  • MalakirMalakir Member Posts: 799

    @The_Crusader
    The following videos were not made to create harm to any killer. I used precaution when recorded these time ago.
    Video 1:
    Video 2:

    These videos were between rank 9-8. At higher ranks the loops I took and some things I did wouldn't work as much as worked here since I'm pretty bad as looper and more of a stealthy player, still usable as example how to get rid of a killer making him switch target. The difference between here and higher ranks are:
    killers won't lose you that easily, would mind game more and respect pallets less
    For survivors: gens would be done faster, loopers are way stronger than I have shown on these videos and I would do more gen and be more stealthy

    The point of the examples is show how almost totally ignoring survivors and actually using them as a bait would lead you to survive more often. At high ranks if you would ever meet me, I'm the one who would flip the finger if you are in a hook to save myself if it means taking the risk to die. Unless its lower ranks like these were I was just having fun with the killer

  • MalakirMalakir Member Posts: 799

    @Orion said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    Which idea was this you keep referring to?

    And no my point was pallets are easier. Maybe its density rather than quantity but it doesn't matter because they ARE easier to deal with now. You saying its density rather than quantity in no way nullifies that argument.

    The idea of slowing down sacrifice speed when the Killer is within a certain radius of the hook.

    Looping has not changed either, as many streamers have already shown.

    Depends really. Tbh I've seen the pallet density helped me a lot, now I see way less dead zones and I'm able to find another pallet pretty easy. At least I have to take to account that other survivors might have wasted them but vaults still a thing as jungle gyms

    Still finding killer way more stressful and difficult to play compared to survivor where I play mostly with YouTube open, even while recording the videos I just posted I think. As killer in the other hand I have to wear headphones and be careful to every sound since the [BAD WORD] FoV that killers have

    Pallet density its actually a good thing for survivors, opens up to way more escapes if used well and not wasted. Anyway we are going kinda off topic

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

    @The_Crusader said:
    Seriously.

    If the game isn't lagging unbearably then it's just a tunnel fest.

    Before you cry "w3lL dun get [email protected] lol" they stil tunnel other survivors to death.

    You get penalized if you don't unhook. Plus its not nice to leave someone on the hook. But you have to. Because every killer walks a little bit away from the hook then quickly runs back to tunnel the unhooked guy before he can get away. Game after game after game this is the strategy of every 9 out of 10 killers.

    Its absolutely awful for the person being tunneled and its boring as hell for the remaining survivors.

    Dont give me "its a legit strategy" approach. Its garbage and has completely ruined one side kf the game.

    They need to make some extreme changes to make this playable again. Its only worth it in SWF or playing killer now.

    The more pressure you put upon the killer, the more likely he will camp.

    I am really curious whats going to happen next patch with aura removal and BT lifted to DS lvl

  • grisstylgrisstyl Member Posts: 110

    As a Rank 1 Survivor, it's hardly unplayable. You're being dramatic.

  • The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Master said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    Seriously.

    If the game isn't lagging unbearably then it's just a tunnel fest.

    Before you cry "w3lL dun get [email protected] lol" they stil tunnel other survivors to death.

    You get penalized if you don't unhook. Plus its not nice to leave someone on the hook. But you have to. Because every killer walks a little bit away from the hook then quickly runs back to tunnel the unhooked guy before he can get away. Game after game after game this is the strategy of every 9 out of 10 killers.

    Its absolutely awful for the person being tunneled and its boring as hell for the remaining survivors.

    Dont give me "its a legit strategy" approach. Its garbage and has completely ruined one side kf the game.

    They need to make some extreme changes to make this playable again. Its only worth it in SWF or playing killer now.

    The more pressure you put upon the killer, the more likely he will camp.

    I am really curious whats going to happen next patch with aura removal and BT lifted to DS lvl

    I was worried about survivors exploiting BT when I read about the changes. I mean I leave the hook anyway but some will rush an unhook before you even have chance to leave the area.

    That said with how bad the camping is IMO, I think this had to be done. There's no way around it. At least this way the unhooked guy will have a chance to defend himself.
  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    Master said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    Seriously.

    If the game isn't lagging unbearably then it's just a tunnel fest.

    Before you cry "w3lL dun get [email protected] lol" they stil tunnel other survivors to death.

    You get penalized if you don't unhook. Plus its not nice to leave someone on the hook. But you have to. Because every killer walks a little bit away from the hook then quickly runs back to tunnel the unhooked guy before he can get away. Game after game after game this is the strategy of every 9 out of 10 killers.

    Its absolutely awful for the person being tunneled and its boring as hell for the remaining survivors.

    Dont give me "its a legit strategy" approach. Its garbage and has completely ruined one side kf the game.

    They need to make some extreme changes to make this playable again. Its only worth it in SWF or playing killer now.

    The more pressure you put upon the killer, the more likely he will camp.

    I am really curious whats going to happen next patch with aura removal and BT lifted to DS lvl

    I was worried about survivors exploiting BT when I read about the changes. I mean I leave the hook anyway but some will rush an unhook before you even have chance to leave the area.

    That said with how bad the camping is IMO, I think this had to be done. There's no way around it. At least this way the unhooked guy will have a chance to defend himself.
    Huh? How bad camping is? Camping is on a historical low. It was way worse, before BBQ was released. 
    But now with the upcoming changes? I guarantee it won't improve, but get as bad as before BBQ existed.

    Can't say I didn't warn you. 
  • GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 1,132
    edited December 2018

    After reading through this thread I am still confused about something.

    How, in anyway, are Survivors punished and hurt for not immediately unhooking?

    If you are going for the unhook you better know what you are doing. Not only that, if you are all the way across the map DON'T go for the unhook.

    You have time to finish a generator and then unhook someone. Not doing gens is your fault and is WORSE for you and your team then not camping the killer and hook. If the Killer is camping and/or tunneling that gives you, and the other survivors, way more leeway and freedom to rush Gens.

    Also, if the Killer knows a survivor (or in your case ALL of them) are coming to unhook and are waiting for the Killer to leave then they are going to camp the hook because they aren't just going to GIVE you it.

    tl;dr: If you are losing to Killers who are hard camping, you're bad.

  • The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited December 2018

    After reading through this thread I am still confused about something.

    How, in anyway, are Survivors punished and hurt for not immediately unhooking?

    If you are going for the unhook you better know what you are doing. Not only that, if you are all the way across the map DON'T go for the unhook.

    You have time to finish a generator and then unhook someone. Not doing gens is your fault and is WORSE for you and your team then not camping the killer and hook. If the Killer is camping and/or tunneling that gives you, and the other survivors, way more leeway and freedom to rush Gens.

    Also, if the Killer knows a survivor (or in your case ALL of them) are coming to unhook and are waiting for the Killer to leave then they are going to camp the hook because they aren't just going to GIVE you it.

    tl;dr: If you are losing to Killers who are hard camping, you're bad.

    Tl:dr please don't respond to the thread if you aren't going to read a single thing I wrote.

    NOTHING you said applies here. I've alteady explained that all of those excuses you just typed clearly aren't the case here. You come across as just another camping killer running in to give your "git gud" excuse. It's really pathetic.
  • The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited December 2018
    Malakir said:

    @The_Crusader
    The following videos were not made to create harm to any killer. I used precaution when recorded these time ago.
    Video 1:
    Video 2:

    These videos were between rank 9-8. At higher ranks the loops I took and some things I did wouldn't work as much as worked here since I'm pretty bad as looper and more of a stealthy player, still usable as example how to get rid of a killer making him switch target. The difference between here and higher ranks are:
    killers won't lose you that easily, would mind game more and respect pallets less
    For survivors: gens would be done faster, loopers are way stronger than I have shown on these videos and I would do more gen and be more stealthy

    The point of the examples is show how almost totally ignoring survivors and actually using them as a bait would lead you to survive more often. At high ranks if you would ever meet me, I'm the one who would flip the finger if you are in a hook to save myself if it means taking the risk to die. Unless its lower ranks like these were I was just having fun with the killer

    Thanks for that. Yeah I can use other survivors as baif, I always take Bond ;) though it's only a ladt resort.

    I appriciate the advice but don't think it will help me. You see how fast the David went down in your second video? Thats what happens in my games. With Myers he normally pops his tier 3 like 30 seconds into the game and downs 2 people at once. The team never recovers from that snowball. I really wish I was joking but thats actually what happens. If he doesnt down 2 immediately then he puts 1 on the hook and another idiot runs in for the unhook against a tier 3 Myers and now there's 2 hooked survivors. Doesn't take long for the third guy to go down either.

    I've tried rushing gens and getting the hatch but that becomes so slow paced and boring doing it time and time again.

    So then I tried running borrowed time and stuff and unhooking but these people can't defend themselves.

    I"m only going to play with friends from now on. I mean I could try finding the killer and looping them but I'm like you, I prefer stealth over looping, and I probably wouldn't last too long because I get put with people from eastern europe a lot and they lag like hell.

    I mean I'd do it if I knew i could depend on other people to rush gens while I get the killers attention but as im running I can see my teams auras with Bond, theres always a claudette hiding in the grass despite the killer not chasing her, there's a Nea who keeps failing skillchecks so her gen goes nowhere, and then you go down, and you finally see the third aura.....it's a Claudette hiding away st the very edge of the map hoping everyone dies so she can have the hatch.

    I cba with all that.
  • MalakirMalakir Member Posts: 799
    Malakir said:

    @The_Crusader
    The following videos were not made to create harm to any killer. I used precaution when recorded these time ago.
    Video 1:
    Video 2:

    These videos were between rank 9-8. At higher ranks the loops I took and some things I did wouldn't work as much as worked here since I'm pretty bad as looper and more of a stealthy player, still usable as example how to get rid of a killer making him switch target. The difference between here and higher ranks are:
    killers won't lose you that easily, would mind game more and respect pallets less
    For survivors: gens would be done faster, loopers are way stronger than I have shown on these videos and I would do more gen and be more stealthy

    The point of the examples is show how almost totally ignoring survivors and actually using them as a bait would lead you to survive more often. At high ranks if you would ever meet me, I'm the one who would flip the finger if you are in a hook to save myself if it means taking the risk to die. Unless its lower ranks like these were I was just having fun with the killer

    Thanks for that. Yeah I can use other survivors as baif, I always take Bond ;) though it's only a ladt resort.

    I appriciate the advice but don't think it will help me. You see how fast the David went down in your second video? Thats what happens in my games. With Myers he normally pops his tier 3 like 30 seconds into the game and downs 2 people at once. The team never recovers from that snowball. I really wish I was joking but thats actually what happens. If he doesnt down 2 immediately then he puts 1 on the hook and another idiot runs in for the unhook against a tier 3 Myers and now there's 2 hooked survivors. Doesn't take long for the third guy to go down either.

    I've tried rushing gens and getting the hatch but that becomes so slow paced and boring doing it time and time again.

    So then I tried running borrowed time and stuff and unhooking but these people can't defend themselves.

    I"m only going to play with friends from now on. I mean I could try finding the killer and looping them but I'm like you, I prefer stealth over looping, and I probably wouldn't last too long because I get put with people from eastern europe a lot and they lag like hell.

    I mean I'd do it if I knew i could depend on other people to rush gens while I get the killers attention but as im running I can see my teams auras with Bond, theres always a claudette hiding in the grass despite the killer not chasing her, there's a Nea who keeps failing skillchecks so her gen goes nowhere, and then you go down, and you finally see the third aura.....it's a Claudette hiding away st the very edge of the map hoping everyone dies so she can have the hatch.

    I cba with all that.
    Everything you said is very true, that's why I abuse them in that way. I already know they can't loop even bad killer like those two. Most of them can't but I think its mostly for the flawed rank system and because people don't really try to survive, maybe out of boredom to just do gens and leave in 5 minutes or less

    Go on and play with friends if would make I more enjoyable, its up to you but still, isn't the killer fault if survivors are bad af

    That's why i hate ranked system, its flawed and dumb for both sides to rank up. People have to play stupid or would get punished for not interacting with the killer and this one is punished if the ggens pops which you can't do much about in high rank since if you chase one guy gens will pop regardless

    I prefer the old system to be honest, have you a cap to reach top pip but was up to you how to play the match, not forced to do certain actions or you are gonna lose regardless of you survive or not if you kill or not
  • MrMyersMrMyers Member Posts: 43

    @The_Crusader said:
    But survivors don't do gens that's the issue.

    Just by looking at this, you're clearly at rank 15-20.

  • MrMyersMrMyers Member Posts: 43

    @The_Crusader said:
    Honestly wolf do you have problems with reading comprehension? Not trying to be mean just need to know if I need to explain myself better because I keep repeating this but you don't seem to get it.

    I'm not always "the one caught" so STOP giving me your "get good" speech.

    Let me say it clearly for you..

    IT.IS.BORING.EVEN.WHEN.OTHER.SURVIVORS.ARE.GETTING.CAMPED.

    1) SURVIVORS.GET.PENALIZED.FOR.NOT.UNHOOKING.WE.ARE.DENIED.HOOKS.ALL.GAME.

    2) WE.HAVE.AN.EMOTION.KNOWN.AS.EMPATHY.WE.FEEL.BAD.FOR.THE.PERSON.ON.THE.HOOK.WHO.CAN.NOT.PLAY.THE.GAME.

    3) IT.IS.BORING.HOLDING.M1.ON.A.GEN.

    You understand now? It's not always me caught, but us survivors don't like to see a teammate camped.

    I'm going to be honest I really don't like you. You defend canping and tunneling and say its the only way to win at every turn regardless of the evidence. Not trying to be mean but you repulse me. I really don't want any further communication from you. Hopefully this forum has a block list.

    Oh and fine survivors wont ask for dev help anymore. Im assuming you'll stop crying for killer buffs too then? Noed, healing changes, constant buffs for individual killers etc etc

    I mean nobody is even crying for buffs. We'd just appriciate it if the game didn't end upon the first hook. 

    I see nothing here but opinion. Before making an argument, how about you include some facts?

    @The_Crusader said:
    Typical killer replies.

    "Waaaaah i cant win aany other way waaaaah!!!"

    So just have a guy do a gen, get caught, then stare at a hook for 2 mins until hes dead.

    The rest? Just sit on a gen holding m1 for 5 mins. So much fun.

    Dont you worry im done. Wont be touching it anymore.

    Funny how you newbies try to justify it as if its this amazing strategy you've thought of. Newsflash kids, camping has been a thing in videogames for ages and its always had an extremely negative reputation.

    I've just never played a game befofe where it's literally 95%+ of matches.

    "Waaaah but survivors get all the buffs!! Killa too weak!!!"

    How about you just get good? Rather than camp?

    @The_Crusader said:
    I'm not a "survivor main" at all pal, but oh who would have guessed the guy who gets uppity whenever theres any talk of killers being toxic or being OP rushes to the defence of tunneling yet again.

    You claim to not be a survivor main? Based on the flimsy thing you call an argument, you clearly are one.

  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

    @Tsulan said:
    The_Crusader said:


    Master said:

    @The_Crusader said:

    Seriously.

    If the game isn't lagging unbearably then it's just a tunnel fest.
    
    Before you cry "w3lL dun get [email protected] lol" they stil tunnel other survivors to death.
    
    You get penalized if you don't unhook. Plus its not nice to leave someone on the hook. But you have to. Because every killer walks a little bit away from the hook then quickly runs back to tunnel the unhooked guy before he can get away. Game after game after game this is the strategy of every 9 out of 10 killers.
    
    Its absolutely awful for the person being tunneled and its boring as hell for the remaining survivors.
    
    Dont give me "its a legit strategy" approach. Its garbage and has completely ruined one side kf the game.
    

    They need to make some extreme changes to make this playable again. Its only worth it in SWF or playing killer now.

    The more pressure you put upon the killer, the more likely he will camp.

    I am really curious whats going to happen next patch with aura removal and BT lifted to DS lvl

    I was worried about survivors exploiting BT when I read about the changes. I mean I leave the hook anyway but some will rush an unhook before you even have chance to leave the area.

    That said with how bad the camping is IMO, I think this had to be done. There's no way around it. At least this way the unhooked guy will have a chance to defend himself.

    Huh? How bad camping is? Camping is on a historical low. It was way worse, before BBQ was released. 
    But now with the upcoming changes? I guarantee it won't improve, but get as bad as before BBQ existed.

    Can't say I didn't warn you. 

    I am really hyped to see the patch coming.^^
    The forum will get wasted with "killer camping" complains.
    And all they will do is asking for punishments to killer and we are another step closer to the Devs caving in and doing it, like degenerating bloodpoints while near the hook or some crap like that .

    In terms of balance we had 1 step forward and 2 steps back for almost 2 years, now we had a brief moment of 2 steps forward and only 1 step back. We killer mains really thought things will become better now, but this will knock us back a lot, because there is a rattail attached to this.
    It's a ticking timebomb.

  • KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 1,185
    First off, @The_Crusader is probably the most biased survivor main on the forums.

    Second: CLEANSE TOTEMS TO REMOVE NOED

    Third; You would hate my endgame Wraith ;)
  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    Wolf74 said:

    @Tsulan said:
    The_Crusader said:


    Master said:

    @The_Crusader said:

    Seriously.

    If the game isn't lagging unbearably then it's just a tunnel fest.
    
    Before you cry "w3lL dun get [email protected] lol" they stil tunnel other survivors to death.
    
    You get penalized if you don't unhook. Plus its not nice to leave someone on the hook. But you have to. Because every killer walks a little bit away from the hook then quickly runs back to tunnel the unhooked guy before he can get away. Game after game after game this is the strategy of every 9 out of 10 killers.
    
    Its absolutely awful for the person being tunneled and its boring as hell for the remaining survivors.
    
    Dont give me "its a legit strategy" approach. Its garbage and has completely ruined one side kf the game.
    

    They need to make some extreme changes to make this playable again. Its only worth it in SWF or playing killer now.

    The more pressure you put upon the killer, the more likely he will camp.

    I am really curious whats going to happen next patch with aura removal and BT lifted to DS lvl

    I was worried about survivors exploiting BT when I read about the changes. I mean I leave the hook anyway but some will rush an unhook before you even have chance to leave the area.

    That said with how bad the camping is IMO, I think this had to be done. There's no way around it. At least this way the unhooked guy will have a chance to defend himself.

    Huh? How bad camping is? Camping is on a historical low. It was way worse, before BBQ was released. 
    But now with the upcoming changes? I guarantee it won't improve, but get as bad as before BBQ existed.

    Can't say I didn't warn you. 

    I am really hyped to see the patch coming.^^
    The forum will get wasted with "killer camping" complains.
    And all they will do is asking for punishments to killer and we are another step closer to the Devs caving in and doing it, like degenerating bloodpoints while near the hook or some crap like that .

    In terms of balance we had 1 step forward and 2 steps back for almost 2 years, now we had a brief moment of 2 steps forward and only 1 step back. We killer mains really thought things will become better now, but this will knock us back a lot, because there is a rattail attached to this.
    It's a ticking timebomb.

    What's really scary is, that devs went from "camping is a feature" in the pre release streams to "campers get penalized for staying close to the hook" to "we give survivors everything to bypass campers".

    Killers have to play to some made up survivor rules. While survivors are allowed to play as efficient as possible. 
    Double standards everywhere. 
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    @The_Crusader said:
    Could just ya know....step away from the hook and chase someone else.

    Seens like an easy solution to me but god forbid killers chase anyone but the first guy hooked.

    You are not entitled to a free rescue.

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    @The_Crusader said:
    Yeah whatever. You have such double standards it's ridiculous and think the entire game should be about the killer and what they want from a game.

    It's OK to admit you're wrong. That's how you know your limitations. It doesn't make you dumb.

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    @The_Crusader said:
    Petty much? I see I triggered you in the other thread and now you come here to call names.

    I exclusively play killer at this point. I play killer a lot. I'm aware that not everything is perfect and survivors can be toxic little sods at times but that doesn't excuse the extremely toxic killer sided attitude this forum has.

    Daring to stand up for survivors here gets you so much abuse it's ridiculous. 

    If you're going to lie, at least make sure it's the same lie every time.
    You claim every Killer camps. You also claim you're toxic toward Killers who don't give you free wins. And now you're claiming you only play Killer.

This discussion has been closed.