Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

In the current state of the game "i" find The Hillybilly unplayable and desperate of basic changes

2»

Comments

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

Just like Nurse, all Billy really needed was an add on nerf. I don't know why the devs obssessively change things people are perfectly OK with.

• Brambles5Brambles5 Member Posts: 39

I agree with this opinion (especially the second one). I'm not sure if this add-on is the only one that is prone to overheating when Engravings already has its disadvantages of slightly increases chainsaw charge time. I'd like to see overheating work equally for all add-ons.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,627

So lets compare blight to billy and see why despite being similar killers blight has more appeal.

Add on variety, the blight has so many diverse strange add ons like resets on downing survivours and ability to shift the camrea at the cost of manuverability billy on the other hand has no real varietybor mix ups to his kit bar lopro chains.

Learning both killers the ability to do well on blight is always an ever improving process cutting corner through different routes to land a blow with his power from unexpexcted angles. It is far more forgiving to learn and thus the difficulty floor is way more forgiving then billys narrow chainsaw windows with somehow way more precision required.

Freedom to experment. Blight cooldown is very short on his power allowing the player to continously explore new angles of attack billys overheat is very restrictive with an extremely painfully long cooldowns. A lot of people were drawn to hillbilly due to his ability to manuver around the map risk free searching for long range saws.

New billy heavily punishes it and puts such a severe restriction on expermentation that it punishes and restricts inexperienced billy players from using the power encouraging them to only use the power when they know its a safe saw.

If you were good with hillbilly then likely the changes didnt hurt you bar limiting your long range saws. But if you were average or inexperienced billy is a deeply unpleasant killer to play who will have you soak a ridiclous number of L's before you are able to do well on billy. This is largely due to overheat hindering and making the learning process incredibly frustrating.

• nursewannabenursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

I really hope they'd consider reworking again his basekit

• reeves7reeves7 Member Posts: 299

thats what he needs 100%,BHVR DEVS WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!

• CoalTowerCoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

Exactly. It's such a simple fix, idk why they haven't done it yet

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 3,833

At least the devs might be acknowledging that breakable walls are a fluke. The new map doesn't have them lol.

• unluckycombounluckycombo Member Posts: 557

I never played much Billy before the changes (I'm not a fan of high-mobility Killers like him, Oni, and Blight. They all leave me really disoriented...) but I do think that he needs an add-on pass. Too many of his add-ons have bad/no/little effect that don't boost his base kit enough compared to similar Killers. (Again, Oni and Blight, who both have overall decent add-ons, especially compared to what some Killers have.)

And at least for me, I don't mind the Overheat mechanic. I haven't seen any Billy that isn't a potato actually Overheat (or if they do, it's so rare it basically doesn't exist.) I think the big issue is more so just Billy himself. In playing against him, his saw feels super inconsistent. I can't tell you how many times a Billy will somehow 'Miss' me with his saw (that 100% looked like it hit me) multiple times in a game. (I've literally stopped and given Billys a free down because the game had robbed them out of so many before on me and I feel bad.) On the flip side, I've also had saws that will hit me from a decent chunk off from where I was- and if either of these issues are common, (which they seem to be, from what I've seen playing vs Billy) I can see why playing him is frustrating.

Tbh I think him and Ghostie both need add-on passes and some help. (I bring Ghostface up because they both have super similar issues and I'd love to see them both get played some more and get some more love.)

• BeelzeboopBeelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Bubba absolutely doesn't need a nerf. He's mid-tier in the best possible circumstances, and is primarily countered by windows. Windows. I can't believe I'm actually saying this but... if you can't deal with Bubba, you just need to git gud. Split up, don't rely on pallets, stay out of deadzones as if your life depended on it, genrush.

Trapper needs a rework, and needs it as soon as possible. Just because he doesn't matter to you doesn't mean he isn't important to this game and players other than you.

Billy needs to be fixed, too, but not at all in the way you suggest. He doesn't need insta-saw back, he needs overheat removed.

Oh wait, this is bait, isn't it?

• 90bubbel90bubbel Member Posts: 76

there is lots of killers that needs buffs WAY MORE than billy, for example

trapper

clown

the trickster.

The hilbilly is still easily top 5 killers

• TheGorgonTheGorgon Member Posts: 777

Can someone explain to me why they nerfed Billy as a whole to begin with?

~ He was fun to play against

~ I don’t remember anyone asking his base kit to be nerfed, only his add ons.

yeah, there was no reason to add overheat and to destroy Billy.

• KharKhar Member Posts: 585
  • WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 1,065

He had a high killrate. Similar to pig and prebuff bubba, also known s-tier killers :D

The community mostly wanted an addon pass to fix instasaw.

Tbh, im still really surprised how the community reacted. His basekit is basically unchanged. Some say overheat does nothing, others find it limiting. Otz dropped him to C-tier which blows my mind. I may be rusty and all, but since his basekit is unchanged he is still A-tier to me. Seems like a massive overreaction to an irrelevant nerf. But it also reminds me of the nurse nerf which was far more severe. Heavy backlash although the character is still strong