We are aware of a current issue going around affecting most forum users. Affected users received this message upon log in: "You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password."

We are currently investigating this incident.
The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Very killer sided forum

The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
It seems there's this dogna here, that the killer life is all "woe is me" and they have it so hard etc.

Now I play killer a lot. I know things aren't perfect and I know in the past there were some very anti-killer sided things in the game (OP flashlights, exhaustion regen etc).

Popular streamers like Tydetyme and Marth88 have helped push this narrative and it seems it has taken hold of the community.

Now again I play killer a lot and I can see and even agree with many of their points, especially from before the balance patches.

However I think this community is extremely toxic to anyone who doesn't keep preaching this dogma.

If you dare to say that not everything is peachy for survivors you get so much toxicity and verbal abuse. All these people who mostly play killer come out of the woodwork to "LOL" your post and start calling names and attempt to gang up on you. It happens to everyone who dares to speak up for anything survivor sided.

It's a really unwelcoming community and I personally feel it tries to bully anyone who isn't constantly calling for Killer buffs and survivor nerfs.

I think the reddit community is much more balanced.

Comments

• DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

i see what you say but i will like to remind you that is a small part of the killers.

• CrowCrow Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2018
    I just see survivors crying about camping and killers crying about ds.

I'm only unhappy with Legion and I'll disagree with anyone that says that he's good or not so weak.
  • JusticarJusticar Member Posts: 319

To be fair, I was just reading your other thread and I see what you mean. But I think it was at least partially self-inflicted. While it may not have been intentional, it really felt like you were trolling/baiting in just about every post there, which I suspect made the overall response quite a bit worse than it normally would have been.

• JanTheManJanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Wow this reminds me of American racial relations...
  • ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Just watch rly old DbD videos.
    In the past it was sooooooooo easy to escape.
    The most killer couldnt do anything.
    But some killers win games.
    You can ask Tru3talent, he cant even remember how he could win game in the past, as killer.
    And i think this game will never be fair or balance.
    Because the devs must rework the complete game.
    And they will never rework this game, because they playing rly bad.
    Rly it hurt in the eyes when i see gameplay from the Devs.
    In the last gameplay video the killer(legion) missed 5 attacks in a row.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited December 2018

@The_Crusader said:
    It is the same 5 names or so time and time again.

Its just funny how you can say "killers need x buff" and you get all these agreements and vote ups, then you say "survivors need x buff" and even though it's just as reasonable you get all these "LOL"s and verbally abusive rants about "survivor mains" and how they ruin the game.

It's extremely toxic.

Mainly because you don't spend even a second thinking about why you only get LOLs for your abusive suggestions. You've revealed that you don't care for a balanced game, but want to keep your bully simulator. Live with the consequences of that.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,023
    Justicar said:

To be fair, I was just reading your other thread and I see what you mean. But I think it was at least partially self-inflicted. While it may not have been intentional, it really felt like you were trolling/baiting in just about every post there, which I suspect made the overall response quite a bit worse than it normally would have been.

Its been like this since I joined though.
    I wonder why...?

• PapaAndreiPapaAndrei Member Posts: 72
    Its neither killer nor survivor sided. I see the same Surv mains name, and same Killer mains names. 
    Most the time, its usually a stupid idea people are proposing thats game breaking. Even with killers, like people wanting Legion 2nd hit Frenzy to down, is stupid and gets show down by everyone.

Survs asking for more General killer nerfs, without any logical reasoning besides “i got killed basement rushing a Leatherface, plox nerf so op”

though tbf, there are quite a few regulars on these forums who are just straight toxic for zero reason. From both sides
  • GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 658

@The_Crusader said:
    And this is a case in point.

The same few names who gang up and try to label, insult and drive off anyone who disagrees with their killer is massively underpowered narrative are here yet again trying to pass the blame.

@Orion Its not just my ideas, its any ideas that are pro-survivor. People aren't allowed to have a different opinion on here because this little clique won't let them.

@DocOctober And point proven again. Here you are with the labels and straight up lies.

Again its not just me. I've seen the same names gang up on anyone thats happy for a survivor sided buff or a killer sided nerf.

You guys have this mindset that everything has to be about killer buffs and that everything that goes against that is wrong and unjust. Its a 2 sided game and people who play survivor deserve to have fun too.

Orion didn't even insult you or try to drive you off. And DocOctober was giving his thoughts on how he viewed your posts and snarkiness.

Like wtf. People suggest survivor buffs and killer nerfs all the time and the discussions are open and insightful.

If you want people to be nice to you and be more open to your ideas maybe you should be more open to criticism and not be so defensive and confrontation all the damn time.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@The_Crusader said:
    And this is a case in point.

The same few names who gang up and try to label, insult and drive off anyone who disagrees with their killer is massively underpowered narrative are here yet again trying to pass the blame.

@Orion Its not just my ideas, its any ideas that are pro-survivor. People aren't allowed to have a different opinion on here because this little clique won't let them.

@DocOctober And point proven again. Here you are with the labels and straight up lies.

Again its not just me. I've seen the same names gang up on anyone thats happy for a survivor sided buff or a killer sided nerf.

You guys have this mindset that everything has to be about killer buffs and that everything that goes against that is wrong and unjust. Its a 2 sided game and people who play survivor deserve to have fun too.

You finally impressed me. It takes some decently-sized cohones to call the Official Wiki's Head Administrator a liar.

You know what the advantage of that is? I have a reputation, I'm known in the community for having an encyclopaedic knowledge of the game. If you accuse ME of lying, people will automatically know that it's actually you, who's the liar.

Lmao so you work on the wiki and that makes you above criticism? :lol: lmfao.

You've been rather petty and childish in your posts and insults towards me for someone who seems to regard himself so highly.

I'm not a bully at all. I don't see how your facts and figures about the game have any relevance about your knowledge of whether I play to bully or not. Knowing numbers in your head gives you absolutey no authority when you're speaking about me, my personality or my motivations.

So no, what you said is meaningless. You're just trying to hide behind some supposed e-rep (as if anyone cares lol) so that you can slander people and not get called out on it.

The reaction buttons don't lie. Besides you, no one shares that opinion.

You can't win this, darling, you've lost this the moment you started.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

Both sides have their 5 or so heavily biased responders that'll flame any thread not on their side really. Then you've got both sides with the heavy troll bait threads like one on the 1st page that shouldn't have gotten a single response.

Let alone several pages of responses which just encouraged the baiting to continue even more.

• aproposapropos Member Posts: 245

People on this message board describe a feeling of being bullied, when from what I can tell, they simply don't appreciate someone elses opinion - even if it's balanced and rational. Sometimes, people are simply mad because they've been disagreed with. These people all seem to reason through things the same way, in that, anyone who hasn't worked to make sure that these people are happy is a bad person. Those people when feeling defeated will try to 'reclaim' the personal power they feel that they've lost (by being disagreed with) by trying to make fun of or heckle people. Like, they create threads where they imitate the people who disagree with them, and seem to think that's really clever. Except they take it one step further and bring it to a personal level, trying to insult someone for their personality by borrowing from that persons post history. This goes for both killer's and survivors, neither population holds sole responsibility for harboring immature [BAD WORD] heads. The worst thing about those people is that they are often times very prevalent in a community, and often times pretty popular.

What really confuses me the most is that the mods rarely do anything about these people, even though it's obvious that they're making other accounts just to taunt and tease the community.

• G0odNessG0odNess Member Posts: 45

LOL
    There you go, disguised survivor main.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    G0odNess said:

LOL
    There you go, disguised survivor main.

Case in point.
  • akbays35akbays35 Member Posts: 975

@The_Crusader said:
    It seems there's this dogna here, that the killer life is all "woe is me" and they have it so hard etc.

Now I play killer a lot. I know things aren't perfect and I know in the past there were some very anti-killer sided things in the game (OP flashlights, exhaustion regen etc).

Popular streamers like Tydetyme and Marth88 have helped push this narrative and it seems it has taken hold of the community.

Now again I play killer a lot and I can see and even agree with many of their points, especially from before the balance patches.

However I think this community is extremely toxic to anyone who doesn't keep preaching this dogma.

If you dare to say that not everything is peachy for survivors you get so much toxicity and verbal abuse. All these people who mostly play killer come out of the woodwork to "LOL" your post and start calling names and attempt to gang up on you. It happens to everyone who dares to speak up for anything survivor sided.

It's a really unwelcoming community and I personally feel it tries to bully anyone who isn't constantly calling for Killer buffs and survivor nerfs.

You sound like a survivor main, flashlights are pretty much useless unless you're dumb and pick up a survivor right in front of another survivor with a flashlight and the only exhaustion perks that are op is balanced landing and maybe dead hard if it isn't baited. Survivors gen rushing is a huge issue that has no counter. Survivors with subpar perks just afk work on gens, loop, or farm team mates while 70% of killers are unviable to get a 2k unless they bring a mori and ultra rare add-ons and you might not even pip because [BAD WORD] GATEKEEPER EMBLEM.

I get to red ranks easy as a survivor without using self care/ds/adrenaline/ or exhaustion perks because survivor is all about doing gens and escaping or just getting camped by a tilted killer or just hiding for the hatch. You can't even play Killer without Ruin or completely mindgaming the survivors and dealing with the shite rng of maps.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 2,693
    edited December 2018

Can you give an example of a reasonable survivor buff idea that ppl rejected?