Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why's BBQ popular but not WGLF?

Comments

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,621

I know but I still take my chances of WGLF appearing during event shrine

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 1,872

That's not a good tactic at all, if you get hooked when the game is 'almost over', you run a way greater risk of getting killed since killers have a better idea of where everyone is or is going, and they're more likely to protect their hook.

If you die on that hook, you got the three stacks, sure, but you also miss out on 5000 x 1.75 = 8750 BP.

IMO, WGLF should also award stacks for picking someone up from the downed state, and additionally, some other perks should grant BP boosts as well for completing their targeted gameplay style. Like Detective's Hunch or Small Game awarding a BP boost for every totem you destroy, or Visionary awarding BP boosts for clearing gens.

• jester20kjester20k Member Posts: 827
    edited June 2021

I use both BBQ and wglf 100% of the time, so much so that if I'm working on prestiging a character, I'll get them to 50, and if I don't have wglf or BBQ on them, I'll use up their streamers and cakes and then prestige them, but if I do have those perks l use up most of their good stuff and BP offerings before prestiging them. Few use wglf but it is an amazing anti slug perk, I can feel the frustration oozing from some of these sweatlords as I undo 45 seconds of their hard work in 8 seconds.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,495

By the end of the match I've usually maxed out 2 or 3 categories. That's 16k to 24k points. I prefer to die with max stacks than to escape without stacks. As you said, the escape points are just 5k.

All bonus point perks and addons should award the points after the match. What's the point of maxing out points faster with Proof Thyself, when you won't get any more points after 1 1/2 gen in coop?

• GrimReaperJr1232GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 887

Easy.

Killer gets BBQ stacks naturally by doing their objective.

Survivors gets stacks by doing situational altruistic actions, whilst competing with their teammates to perform said actions. Essentially meaning you'll likely have to out of your way to get them.

Also, their effect. BBQ's effect is universally useful as it tells the killer where to pressure next. WGLF is only helpful is the killer slugs. Make no mistake, it's VERY strong, but again, is reliant on the killer to get any value.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

Because in nearly every single trial you will get 4 stacks of BBQ without even trying and end up with 50-60k BP.

WGLF, on the other hand, requires you do go extremely far out of your way and directly compete with other survivors to get all 4 stacks, potentially ending up in a full game-throw. Or, you could get one or two stacks and not completely throw the trial. Either way, you're probably only going to end up with anywhere between 15-40k points.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,567

it should be but dev already changed we're gonna live forever few months ago. they ironically weakened the perk by removing ability to gain stacks from saving survivors from trappers traps and than decided to weaken soul guard for the we're gonna live forever+soul guard exploit that they manufactured with we're gonna live forever change.

all that survivors asked for regarding wglf was to be able stack the perk easier without suicide into the killer. go figure.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 3,235

Funnily enough they wrote this in the patch notes when changing the Perk.

- Added new ways to get Tokens.

- Saving a Survivor by dropping a pallet onto the Killer.

- Saving a Survivor by blinding the Killer.

Those things gave Tokens already before they added that into the description.

• PurgatorianPurgatorian Member Posts: 1,133

We're gonna live forever needs to be changed to 20% bonus for each gen completed whilst still alive to become more like bbq in my opinion. If they want it to be the same as the killers then it could show the aura but they have dark sense, think that's the perk, for that.

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,196

People says it's harder for stacks but let's me real most survivors use meta perks instead. Hardly any killer uses bbq for aura unless its certain killers but you can still get very little use from the aura. Honestly bp should just be doubled and these perks should be changed

• dirtsmelldirtsmell Member Posts: 46

When I'm feeling the need for BP fast - such as now when I'm trying to prestige my new main and love of my life Jill - I run WGLF and Prove Thyself. It feels like I'm a BP machine. I mean, no where near as good as just playing any killer ever, but better!

• Seth__Seth__ Member Posts: 1,218

The aura reading is extremely important and what makes the perk great for my use. I wouldn't use it only for the BP stacks.

I dislike to play without BBQ just for the juice wallhack on each hook :D

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,199

Because I can basically guarantee 4 BBQ stacks as the killer. There's survivor matchs I may get 0 stacks of WGLF(I still run it regardless btw)

• Luciferr_2ndLuciferr_2nd Member Posts: 892

WGLF IS popular

I literally never play a game without it the grind is too huge

• bobateobobateo Member Posts: 254

Ditto what a lot of people have said about WGLF. Play normally, and you're just likely to not get very many stacks. A more effective BP gain Perk for survs would be an objectives perk - gens, totems, chests.

• lagostalagosta Member Posts: 1,658

You can get BBQ stacks by just doing what you're supposed to be doing. To get WGLF stack you need to go out of your way.

Consider the following: there are 4 survivors that can be unhooked twice each, that is a total of 2 unhooks per survivor on average IF it is a safe unhook. The other 2 stacks must be from protection hit, pallet or flashlight saves. In either case, you need to stop what you're doing to engage in another survivor's chase.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,922

You get BBQ stacks for just doing your objective where as WGLF you have to go out of your way to get all your stacks consistently. Honestly they should add finishing a gen or doing a totem as a stack requirement for WGLF. Also the aura effect on BBQ is far better then the slug healing bonus from WGLF.

• Torsti56Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

And WGLF is first teachable so you need only 30 levels to him. 1 000 000 is enough to get it. I'll rather spend 1million points than 2000 shards.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

WGLF is WAY harder to get stacks for than BBQ. BBQ, you just need to hook each survivor once. You don't have to worry about another killer hooking a survivor. There should be more methods of getting stacks of WGLF. Don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

• _VTK__VTK_ Member Posts: 227

That actually sounds like a good idea for a new perk. Right now most of survivors in my solo games just rush to unhook, I usually repair 3 gens and most of the times we all still die.

Maybe for you.

Fact is, if someone disconnects, the killer won´t get full stacks, no matter what he does. But survivors still can get 4 stacks.

• RenAmamiyaRenAmamiya Member Posts: 849

Not every game has a DC. The fact is you get BBQ stacks by literally playing killer normally and with WGLF you have to get out of your way to farm them.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited June 2021

If someone disconnects before their first hook, that means survivors are competing for a maximum of 4 unhooks. And if that person unhooked someone, then it's a maximum of 3 unhooks.

The fact is, that you say BBQ stacks are easier to get than WGLF is simply false. Survivors can get 3 WGLF stacks in a single action. Killer requires 3 different chases, downs and hooks for that. Thats way more time consuming than unhooking someone and getting 2 protection hits,

There are more ways to get WGLF stacks than unhooking. Full stacks are still possible. Especially when you can get 1 unhook and 2 protection hits = 3 stacks.

• Scream_Queen865Scream_Queen865 Member Posts: 95

I've had people Dead Hard to make the save before me 😂 and they'll have WGLF equipped like I do. It's funny. I run kindred as well so i know when someone is or isn't going to make a save. It's normally not to hard to get the stacks. If I absolutely need the BPs I'll run WGLF Prove thyself and Stake Out with an Altruism offering. Stake Out isn't used a lot but I love that perk! Good BPs!

• WazzupWazzup Member Posts: 88

I have always felt that WGLF should reward survivors for doing the things that allow them to escape. So in addition to the current ways to get tokens, the equivalent of every gem completed by a given survivor should count as a token. This would also reduce the losses caused by those WGLF survivors who tend to obviously hang around the hook making it pointless for the killer to move away.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,049
    edited June 2021

WGLF actually promotes some pretty bad gameplay on the survivor side. They should have reworked it to give stacks for completed gens as well. The last thing you want is every survivor going for saves. It's so deflating when I see two or three teammates making an uncontested save and heal. Nothing screams "We're definitely not winning" more than that. There's someone who is in the best position to get the save and they should be the only person going for it unless the killer is camping, in which case a double save might be needed.